THE ONLY SPAM THREAD v.25

That One Guy

10 members have voted

1. 1. When did TRF chatroom get taken down?

• May 1st
    • "This year"

19 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

That’s a very LABT attitude. Sacrifice, serve the people! 

did LABT retire super early or something? Make out like Tom Arnold in a divorce? I don't really knock people doing it when possible, and it's much harder for the younger generations to pull off this stunt anyway

you know I never want to be compared to LABT in any "you guys are similar on this" way! It's monday morning, I don't need deep character insults!

Edited by That One Guy
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

Oh yeah, another eighth mile completed? 

Underpasses and overpasses are complicated projects man! Many tens of millions of dollars each! 

Grade separation? More like wallet separation

Edited by That One Guy

13 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Underpasses and overpasses are complicated projects man! Many tens of millions of dollars each! 

Grade separation? More like wallet separation

1uelbw.jpg

my boyfriend and i considered so many states, cities, and towns before landing on Jacksonville, Arkansas. our new neighbor keeps asking him "why on earth did you choose to move here?"

So, I'm moving to a part of the country where I have thousands of distant relatives from the Romani side of the family. Only 2 generations ago, the Baxters were either slaves, or nomadic to escape slavery. They are part of the subgroup called Romanichal (British Romani), and they were shipped from the outskirts of England to the United States to work as slaves in the 1660s or 1690's. As of today, most Romanichals in the Ozarks and the surrounding areas have settled and own property. My grandma was born in California, so she didn't experience working on a cotton farm in Missouri like her older sister, father and cousins did. This part of my family's history was kept as a secret from my grandma, my mom, and myself because of the stereotypes.

yes. biden passing one spending bill and cancelling one oil pipeline for a for-profit company is why your purchasing power hurts. not trump spending, not all the cascading effects of covid, not russia invading ukraine and holding oil hostage.

yeah dude, it's biden

bidenomics

more like hooked-on-phonics pick up a f***in book and educate yourself

Edited by That One Guy

1 hour ago, jamie said:

my boyfriend and i considered so many states, cities, and towns before landing on Jacksonville, Arkansas. our new neighbor keeps asking him "why on earth did you choose to move here?"

to be honest I'm still asking that

it's amazing that we legitimized ignoring near-universal consensus of experts and substituting "doing your own research" by scrolling down the 12th page of google search results until a tiny one-man blog posts something that aligned with your baseless preconceived notions

how do you recover from that kind of cultural and intellectual decay? universal basic monster truck rallies?

12 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

to be perfectly tbh I don't understand anyone moving to the saaaauth, especially outside of Florida/Texas. Or to the midwest.

Fresh air, mild winters and low cost of living? Aside from shit-holes like CA, NJ and NY most states offer something.

15 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

That low cost of living I was talking about. Gavin Newsom's CA works only for the rich and uber poor living off Sacramento's teet.

18 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

yes. biden passing one spending bill and cancelling one oil pipeline for a for-profit company is why your purchasing power hurts. not trump spending, not all the cascading effects of covid, not russia invading ukraine and holding oil hostage.

yeah dude, it's biden

bidenomics

more like hooked-on-phonics pick up a f***in book and educate yourself

That stuff is not good, Bidenomics made it much worse. Pick up the Wall Street Journal.

1 minute ago, JohnRogers said:

Fresh air, mild winters and low cost of living? Aside from shit-holes like CA, NJ and NY most states offer something.

Ah yes, fresh, humid air. Mild winters yeah many people like that. Cost of living often aligns with desirability of the area; can't say I call moving to where few want to live for cheap a success--if it was we'd praise West Virginia all day long.

California remains a stellar place, but it does have serious problems. In areas of high cost of living, even if wages are high, the stakes are higher. You'll be flat on your ass and homeless a lot faster in CA than WV; that and the great weather may have something to do with... the amount of homeless there. Generally, by definition, a place with sky-high property values is desirable to live in.

Don't forget, for most of us, including those that like dunking on the homeless, we're all two or three bad breaks in a row from being homeless or close to it.

2 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

That stuff is not good, Bidenomics made it much worse. Pick up the Wall Street Journal.

Bidenomics made me unable to afford a WSJ subscription. Could you indulge me and explain, in detail, exactly what Biden did to result in current economics, and what you think is wrong with current economics?

Bonus points if it doesn't involve:

Pulling the permit for one for-profit pipeline for one company

One spending bill (as if Trump didn't spend)

Edited by That One Guy

Really curious what people think the Trump alternative would've been. He would've miraculously gotten through COVID with low inflation, and navigated Russia/Ukraine without worldwide energy prices, including gasoline, ever spiking? Is he an economic magician?

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Ah yes, fresh, humid air. Mild winters yeah many people like that. Cost of living often aligns with desirability of the area; can't say I call moving to where few want to live for cheap a success--if it was we'd praise West Virginia all day long.

California remains a stellar place, but it does have serious problems. In areas of high cost of living, even if wages are high, the stakes are higher. You'll be flat on your ass and homeless a lot faster in CA than WV; that and the great weather may have something to do with... the amount of homeless there. Generally, by definition, a place with sky-high property values is desirable to live in.

Don't forget, for most of us, including those that like dunking on the homeless, we're all two or three bad breaks in a row from being homeless or close to it.

I don't care how many bad breaks get thrown your way all at once I'm plenty confident you would never wind up homeless. I don't want to get all LABT on you about the correct choices you made in life.

3 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

I don't care how many bad breaks get thrown your way all at once I'm plenty confident you would never wind up homeless. I don't want to get all LABT on you about the correct choices you made in life.

Yes not me particularly, unless bad cancer hit. But it's a reality for a shiiitload of Americans, a considerable percentage. Consider how many Americans polled cannot afford a $1,000 surprise expense.

Tough times. Tough times that have lasted decades. Hard to claw your way out when a studio apartment is $1,200 plus first, last, a deposit you won't get back, and utilities. Many people hold the opinion that the baby boomers climbed the economic latter to the top, changing the rules to benefit themselves, and then kicked the ladder out from underneath them once they got up.

Edited by That One Guy

26 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Well, it's a smaller town, but not too small. Overall, the housing prices are good for what you're getting. If you're in our circumstances, it's a good place to save money. Some neighborhoods are.... hood, but others aren't. Also, we may be able to lower our rent since I am disabled, and it's a disability right that I want to access since I plan on going to school. It would be awesome if I could go to school and not have to work because of my chronic illness.

Oh no, somebody criticized Reagan's economic policies? I'm always down for that, great stuff. It's not that I wish to spit on his grave, but I hold resentment for a guy who convinced the entire 80s American middle class to vote against their own interests, and vote to put more money back in the pockets of the rich than themselves.

Our goal is to work some shitty restaurant or retail jobs until we get a vehicle. Shitty jobs that, at the very least, pay the rent and keep us fed, and then we can save anything extra.  The trade opportunities for my boyfriend are in other nearby towns.

$475 for a 1 bed 1 bath apartment vs. $800 a month for a room in my parent's house.... in a car-dependent town.