THE ONLY SPAM THREAD v.25

That One Guy

10 members have voted

1. 1. When did TRF chatroom get taken down?

• May 1st
    • "This year"

Just now, jamie said:

$475 for a 1 bed 1 bath apartment vs. $800 a month for a room in my parent's house.... in a car-dependent town.

A 1bed 1 bath apartment is $475 where you're moving to?? You're lucky to get a private room in a cramped house with shared everything for that price around here in the suburban Wasatch Front, far from SLC

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

A 1bed 1 bath apartment is $475 where you're moving to?? You're lucky to get a private room in a cramped house with shared everything for that price around here in the suburban Wasatch Front, far from SLC

We saw a 2 bed 2 bath mobile home in Hot Springs for $600 a month, but it was in a very car dependent area.

27 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Few things are more wholesomely all-American and patriotic than a progressive tax bracket system. Could always be a little more progressive, a little steeper!

The thing is, the Bezos' and Buffets of the USA could pay a lot more in taxes as they did before Reagan and still be very, very wealthy. That was just one of his problems. Look up what he did for mental health services in California and then the USA. He contributed to the homeless issues we have today when he closed many of the psychiatric hospitals where the most severely mentally ill lived.

5 minutes ago, BastillePark said:

The thing is, the Bezos' and Buffets of the USA could pay a lot more in taxes as they did before Reagan and still be very, very wealthy. That was just one of his problems. Look up what he did for mental health services in California and then the USA. He contributed to the homeless issues we have today when he closed many of the psychiatric hospitals where the most severely mentally ill lived.

Yes, I know. Reagan did a lot to undermine the well-being of Americans. But he sounded cool and assertive doing it.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Yes not me particularly, unless bad cancer hit. But it's a reality for a shiiitload of Americans, a considerable percentage. Consider how many Americans polled cannot afford a $1,000 surprise expense.

Tough times. Tough times that have lasted decades. Hard to claw your way out when a studio apartment is $1,200 plus first, last, a deposit you won't get back, and utilities. Many people hold the opinion that the baby boomers climbed the economic latter to the top, changing the rules to benefit themselves, and then kicked the ladder out from underneath them once they got up.

$1,000 surprise expense and $1,200 rent but that new latest iPhone and 65" OLED TV is affordable. You keep making excuses for people's poor choices. 

Just now, That One Guy said:

Yes, I know. Reagan did a lot to undermine the well-being of Americans. But he sounded cool and assertive doing it.

"Smaller" government and income tax cuts but other taxes went up, at least in California. He was a decent actor and he used that to his advantage in government.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

for my next magic trick I'll fire the air traffic controllers

uppity sons of bitches

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF - Jack Nicholson Jack Nicholson ...

It worked, don't forget that part.

3 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

$1,000 surprise expense and $1,200 rent but that new latest iPhone and 65" OLED TV is affordable. You keep making excuses for people's poor choices. 

Can you expand on this? It's confusing, almost as if you're accidentally making my point for me. TVs and phones being cheaper than ever while rent is more brutal than ever does not help the poor. If you struggle to make a $1,200 rent 40 months in a row, but eventually bought a new $300 4K TV after three years, that's not poor choices. That's having one little luxury while you're drowning in a tough situation. Stupid situations would be someone in the 90s with a $300 rent buying a $2,000 computer. Yes, if someone struggling spends $3k on new electronics like Tony, that's being irresponsible. It's relatively uncommon, even though people like to use it as the de facto strawman against The Poors.

I'm considering replacing my venerable $300 2016 TV because new ones are so stupidly cheap. For $300-400 in low-value modern dollars I can get a 48" 4k TV, that's nuts.

Expanding on a ridiculous tangent, Reagan's bullet narrowly missed killing him. If it had, whether good or bad, the US would probably be in an entirely different situation today. Over the happenstance trajectory of one bullet.

That secret service agent looked pretty badass with his briefcase Uzi out, stock extended, ready for more business

Edited by That One Guy

10 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Expanding on a ridiculous tangent, Reagan's bullet narrowly missed killing him. If it had, whether good or bad, the US would probably be in an entirely different situation today. Over the happenstance trajectory of one bullet.

That secret service agent looked pretty badass with his briefcase Uzi out, stock extended, ready for more business

Again you're talking about shit you didn't live through but read from some leftist pamphlet. Most of the 80's and 90's were great for Americans. For frack sack, forcing banks to make bad mortgages then bundling those bad mortgages into investment vehicles plus Obama big government management of the economy was the problem. Not the free market, not pushing for economic growth. The Paul Ryan/Trump years were so good Democrats tried to credit the economy to Obama.

SOCN would be better if it was a cafe where you could call someone out on attempting to misrepresent you, nip it in the bud, rather than let them slowly craft a rat worded essay that you have to defend against

alas, limitations of the internet

• Like 1