THE ONLY SPAM THREAD v.25

That One Guy

10 members have voted

1. 1. When did TRF chatroom get taken down?

• May 1st
    • "This year"

2 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

Been doing a lot of YouTube research and Van Go on Magnolia. Seen Nomadland last year. The boy has sold his Michigan house, thinks he wants to build a van and do van life. He couldn't maintain his house and drives vehicles into the ground. I'm cautious to say the least. As for the wife and I, van life I see cool as a choice for people who are not broke ass. Cool for adventure not a great alternative for traditional housing.

Van Life is cool for 1-2 months of good weather exploring. It is not a good idea for year round housing. I read an article cautioning doing that. A couple tried to live in two VanLife vans (with their two kids) on a snowy eastern property for two years. Not only was it actively miserable in winter, many high dollar possessions got ruined from the moisture.

Edited by That One Guy

14 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Van Life is cool for 1-2 months of good weather exploring. It is not a good idea for year round housing. I read an article cautioning doing that. A couple tried to live in two VanLife vans (with their two kids) on a snowy eastern property for two years. Not only was it actively miserable in winter, many high dollar possessions got ruined from the moisture.

I could see it being fun for 1 or 2 years, if you're smart enough to move around the country following the good weather. If you're a snow bunny use an SUV and book a nice room at the lodge.

Welfare offices must be disgusting right now. Chock full of good old boys with their pants around their ankles, getting off to any Bud Light sales news they might find 

On 6/10/2023 at 2:14 PM, JohnRogers said:

I could see it being fun for 1 or 2 years, if you're smart enough to move around the country following the good weather. If you're a snow bunny use an SUV and book a nice room at the lodge.

Reminds me of big "RV people". Driving around the country in an RV is, over just about any amount of time, more expensive than driving around in a fairly large SUV and just getting a nice hotel room every night. I am amazed that people choose to purchase RVs, particularly brand new RVs. Financial incompetence, or a diehard, infinity-dollars level commitment to the "hobby".

21 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Reminds me of big "RV people". Driving around the country in an RV is, over just about any amount of time, more expensive than driving around in a fairly large SUV and just getting a nice hotel room every night. I am amazed that people choose to purchase RVs, particularly brand new RVs. Financial incompetence, or a diehard, infinity-dollars level commitment to the "hobby".

Whoa...

The wife and I talk about the small ones built on a van chassis, towing a mini or Fiat 500.

7 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

Whoa...

The wife and I talk about the small ones built on a van chassis, towing a mini or Fiat 500.

Drive around in a reasonably-sized (read: not huge) VanLife van, and you could either omit the towed vehicle entirely, or swap it with something more modest like a 125-250cc bike (or perhaps literally just bicycles) hanging off the back.

Driving a huge 40ft RV that's flat towing a Jeep Wrangler sounds like the overall shittiest experience possible. I am astounded people choose to do it, and they should feel fortunate the law allows them to do so without a CDL.

Look how reasonable this looks! All the basics for living, manueverable, does better than 4mpg, and you could just also get a hotel night every fourth day or so.

https://vanlifecustoms.com/hal

https://vanlifecustoms.com/chads144sprinter

Edited by That One Guy

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Drive around in a reasonably-sized (read: not huge) VanLife van, and you could either omit the towed vehicle entirely, or swap it with something more modest like a 125-250cc bike (or perhaps literally just bicycles) hanging off the back.

Driving a huge 40ft RV that's flat towing a Jeep Wrangler sounds like the overall shittiest experience possible. I am astounded people choose to do it, and they should feel fortunate the law allows them to do so without a CDL.

Why? : r/Truckers

Libertarianism: a high-school grade stance that can hold up to any amount of scrutiny that you can level against it in 20 seconds or less, using six-letter-or-shorter words, in the IFA Country Stores parking lot.

I certainly don't hate IFA Country Stores, but man, it is an easy punching bag as the poster child or congregation place of the yokel crowd

Edited by That One Guy

2 hours ago, jamie said:

im getting 2 tattoos today, im so thrilled!

My buddy got "4WD" tattooed on his wrist at age 19

your tats better be superior to that

• Like 1

5 hours ago, That One Guy said:

My buddy got "4WD" tattooed on his wrist at age 19

your tats better be superior to that

that's cringe. mine are definitely superior because i got a Rush one and a Melvins one.

Still waiting for someone to explain why Budweiser making a one-off, single custom beer can for a barely famous tranny, and not promoting it at all, justified an angry yokel boycott.

What exact was the boycott about? Associating with one of those people on any level? Are they just excited to have agency with companies for once? Seems like these people have such little economic sway and influence with corporations that they're excited for any small bit at all, posting about temporary stock price fluctuations, it's sad.

Earnest question: have whiny hyper liberals ever tried a boycott so wide, over something equally as small? I don't remember any occurrence fitting the bill. Rednecks are gunning for the title "most easily triggered"!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Still waiting for someone to explain why Budweiser making a one-off, single custom beer can for a barely famous tranny, and not promoting it at all, justified an angry yokel boycott.

What exact was the boycott about? Associating with one of those people on any level? Are they just excited to have agency with companies for once? Seems like these people have such little economic sway and influence with corporations that they're excited for any small bit at all, posting about temporary stock price fluctuations, it's sad.

People didn't seem to care about this in 2017

Toronto Canada June 25 2017 Bud Stock Photo 675412408 | Shutterstock

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Union 5-3992 said:

I believe one of the yokels big demands is "We want an apology" 

Alright. If they would be so kind as to explain exactly why they want an apology, how they feel they were slighted, and how they want the apology to read, that would be great.

Is it "We at Anheuser-Busch are sorry for making one can for the trans"? "We at Anheuser-Busch are sorry for communicating with a trans"? They didn't seem to do anything else!

• Like 1