THE ONLY SPAM THREAD v.25

That One Guy

10 members have voted

1. 1. When did TRF chatroom get taken down?

• May 1st
    • "This year"

4 minutes ago, Union 5-3992 said:

People didn't seem to care about this in 2017

Toronto Canada June 25 2017 Bud Stock Photo 675412408 | Shutterstock

They may have just been less uppity when they had their boy in the big white house. Not drinking a beer may be the one thing in 2023 that makes them feel like they collectively have agency in anything.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Alright. If they would be so kind as to explain exactly why they want an apology, how they feel they were slighted, and how they want the apology to read, that would be great.

Is it "We at Anheuser-Busch are sorry for making one can for the trans"? "We at Anheuser-Busch are sorry for communicating with a trans"? They didn't seem to do anything else!

I think it's actually the first one. It's a bit hazy. I've seen some people want Budweiser to apologize for interacting with Dylan

Just now, Union 5-3992 said:

I think it's actually the first one. It's a bit hazy. I've seen some people want Budweiser to apologize for interacting with Dylan

Wanting an apology because one single custom can was privately made and sent to one private individual seems like a bitchass thing to kick and scream about.

It's not like it was on a store shelf. An influencer holding up a can is NOT "culture you don't like being shoved in your face"

"Retarded" is a strong word that I do not use lightly, and in the last five years has nearly exclusively been used only when regarding LABT, but this does seem like a retarded stance to hold, and behavior of the same. Shame. Get it together.

2 minutes ago, Union 5-3992 said:

At this point the whole thing is funny so I morbidly want to watch how far it'll go. 

That I agree with. If they think a sales and stock price dip is permanent, more triggering will follow.

8 minutes ago, Union 5-3992 said:

It's crazy because as soon as the yokels found out about her being trans, that's when the pitch forks came out. 

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Still waiting for someone to explain why Budweiser making a one-off, single custom beer can for a barely famous tranny, and not promoting it at all, justified an angry yokel boycott.

What exact was the boycott about? Associating with one of those people on any level? Are they just excited to have agency with companies for once? Seems like these people have such little economic sway and influence with corporations that they're excited for any small bit at all, posting about temporary stock price fluctuations, it's sad.

I was never a Bud Light drinker, I was like a Honey Wheat Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Stout guy when I drank beer. I do understand why Bud Light is getting push-back. Mulvaney is so famous that people who don't know what influencers are know him. The problem was when the Bud Light exec who put all this together doubled downed insulting their core customer base. It is so easy to choose another can of piss light beer to drink, Bud Light didn't think this through.

Why do progressives get so pissy when the right adopts their battle tactics?

27 minutes ago, grep said:

What the hell does an influencer DO anyway?

They promote stuff on social media. Anyone who doesn't think influencers have reach is naive.

1 hour ago, JohnRogers said:

They promote stuff on social media. Anyone who doesn't think influencers have reach is naive.

Or just don't care.  Some men just can't be reached. 

3 hours ago, JohnRogers said:

I was never a Bud Light drinker, I was like a Honey Wheat Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Stout guy when I drank beer. I do understand why Bud Light is getting push-back. Mulvaney is so famous that people who don't know what influencers are know him. The problem was when the Bud Light exec who put all this together doubled downed insulting their core customer base. It is so easy to choose another can of piss light beer to drink, Bud Light didn't think this through.

I may be missing some context. What insult did this Bud Light executive level at their core customer base?

I also don't think you addressed the question at large. What's the source of the irritation? Beer company giving trans person private can? Is that the thing that some of their customers say they should not have done?

Edited by That One Guy

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

I may be missing some context. What insult did this Bud Light executive level at their core customer base?

I also don't think you addressed the question at large. What's the source of the irritation? Beer company giving trans person private can? Is that the thing that some of their customers say they should not have done?

Companies will often target different segments too. You can sell to rednecks and sell to yuppies at the same time. I feel bad for the saps that saw Bud Light as some sort of identity. 

• Like 1

I resent clients trying to charge the engineer of record the second aaanything goes wrong during construction

dude, our fee is like roughly 3% of construction cost, we'd go bankrupt pretty fast if we got in habit of paying for little things to get constructed here and there

i modded the shit out of The Sims 4 and now my laptop sounds like it's gonna launch into orbit every time i play it with background programs running lmao.

I'm gonna give you every inch of my love,

I'd like to give everyone my love.....

LLOOOVVVVEEEEEEE