THE ONLY SPAM THREAD v.25

That One Guy

10 members have voted

1. 1. When did TRF chatroom get taken down?

• May 1st
    • "This year"

8 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

I'm all federal the government building a network of charging stations, also all for private/public partnerships building such a network but first show me you're upgrading the grid.

Most places are doing a great job at that, it's just not exactly exciting, media reported news.

My girlfriend WORKS FOR our local power authority now. Guess what they've been doing? Staying ahead, upgrading the grid. Transitioning off coal quite quickly, too.

Helps to remember that Level II charging at home is as comparable power draw to operating an air conditioner.

18 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Most places are doing a great job at that, it's just not exactly exciting, media reported news.

My girlfriend WORKS FOR our local power authority now. Guess what they've been doing? Staying ahead, upgrading the grid. Transitioning off coal quite quickly, too.

Helps to remember that Level II charging at home is as comparable power draw to operating an air conditioner.

Transitioning off coal quickly doesn't inspire confidence, states and municipalities are telling people to turn off their air conditioner. Maybe I am living in a bubble but you're the only one I'm hearing rosy predictions from on the subject.

18 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

Transitioning off coal quickly doesn't inspire confidence, states and municipalities are telling people to turn off their air conditioner. Maybe I am living in a bubble but you're the only one I'm hearing rosy predictions from on the subject.

Maybe all states just aren't as well-run as the mountain west. Utah's electricity went from 75% coal to 53% coal from 2015 to 2022, an awesome decline replaced by cleaner energy sources (or held constant with all added capacity being green, or a mixture of the two). 9% of our electricity is currently solar. And our power is $0.09/kWh, meaning a Tesla could drive 300 miles for less than $10.

There's also nothing wrong with areas asking that of people. On a hyper hot day, everyone turning on a massive AC unit all-at-once is a HUGE immediate demand increase for the grid. Quick increases/decreases are more problematic than just high base load. EVs slowly charging overnight at home, if anything, is great for the grid. The grid wants as much consistent baseload as possible.

hyper conservatives loudly pretending that anything they don't like went "get woke go broke" is just as annoying as colored hair people talking about our democracy being at stake every two weeks.

The shit you don't like is not going broke, Disney is not going broke, rural farmers that hate everything are not anyone's target demographic for making a shitload of money, unless you sell tractors and Dodge Rams.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2023 at 11:09 AM, That One Guy said:

For those that are angrily anti-EV, man, it's a shitty time to choose to be that kind of person! Get used to it!

You'll get my lifted black exhaust spewing "Don't Tread On Me" flag waving F-250 when you pry it from my cold dead hands. 

43 minutes ago, BastillePark said:

You'll get my lifted black exhaust spewing "Don't Tread On Me" flag waving F-250 when you pry it from my cold dead hands. 

There is an IQ limit to being a libertarian, or displaying the No Step On Snek flag.

On 6/8/2023 at 5:03 PM, That One Guy said:

hyper conservatives loudly pretending that anything they don't like went "get woke go broke" is just as annoying as colored hair people talking about our democracy being at stake every two weeks.

The shit you don't like is not going broke, Disney is not going broke, rural farmers that hate everything are not anyone's target demographic for making a shitload of money, unless you sell tractors and Dodge Rams.

Disney is not doing well. C-level executives are concerned.

13 hours ago, BastillePark said:

NoOne_sTreadingOnYouSweetieXLStickeronca

"I've figured out the best life strategy, I'm so smart! I would like to be left alone in the woods on a big property, with no taxes collected on me, but also I want all public infrastructure and services available to me, it's my godgiven right. I'll daydream about how I'm "self sufficient" as I depend on 98% of my food to be supermarket bought, flip a tit if my internet goes down for any amount of time, and where does the government get off requiring me to pay insurance on a car and have a license?? I'm TrAveLIng!!!"

"I want to reduce taxes and government spending" = "I would like everyone in the bottom 95% to have a worse quality of life so that the rich can have larger bank accounts"

How do educated people arrive at stances like that? Refusal to think about their positions beyond the most basic superficial surface level?

• Like 1

What I'm getting at is reverse those Trump era richie rich tax cuts, let's quit falling behind 50 countries on earth on basic social safety nets

$1300 tires

$200 full window/windshield blockers

$400 tint

$200 ceramic coating

$400 front skid plate

$200 T O Y O T A grille

....I think I should be responsible and can some of these ideas, or at least delay them til next year

How about just the offroady tires, ceramic, and a windshield cover for now

When you have a car loan at 6.25% and can do arithmetic, you tend to notice that anything you buy instead of paying down the loan, is effectively being done at that 6.25% interest rate, which makes doing anything other than paying down the loan seem irresponsible

16 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I'm gonna van life one day, might be a decade from now, but I will

Been doing a lot of YouTube research and Van Go on Magnolia. Seen Nomadland last year. The boy has sold his Michigan house, thinks he wants to build a van and do van life. He couldn't maintain his house and drives vehicles into the ground. I'm cautious to say the least. As for the wife and I, van life I see cool as a choice for people who are not broke ass. Cool for adventure not a great alternative for traditional housing.