The 2021 MLB Season Thread! Tatis Jr. Is A Stud! A's Padres World Series! Place Your Betts! LOL!

RUSHHEAD666

IhTaXhT.jpg

Yeah, early in the season and they haven't played every team in the league yet but this has to sting. Rubbing extra salt on the wound, Bahstahn have the best record.

They DID manage to win 114 games and the World Series that year so it's too early to celebrate their demise.

Shocking News From Milwaukee: Manager Craig Counsell let starter Brett Anderson pitch through SEVEN innings! This could completely discombobulate the pitching staff!

This just in, Zach Greinke can fukking pitch

oh wait, that didn't just come in. Been that way for a long time but still true. 8 innings of 4 hit shutout ball last night vs. Mariners.

This just in, Zach Greinke can fukking pitch

Brewer fans loved Greinke when he was with the team. He's a stud athlete, who can play almost any position. I really liked his non-conformist personality.

My best shot of him was 10 years ago, in Cincinnati. He's gettin' ready to spit some seeds! :laughing guy:

Co7KHRl.jpg

• Like 1

Cubs actually unleash the bats yesterday. 13-4 over the Braves. That was a welcoming sight.

Now we get the dishonorable privilege of being on ESPN's Sunday Night Baseball :sigh:

• Like 1

Cubs actually unleash the bats yesterday. 13-4 over the Braves. That was a welcoming sight.

Now we get the dishonorable privilege of being on ESPN's Sunday Night Baseball :sigh:

I hope management of ESPN is looking after the mental health of their employees and giving A-Rod extra time to heal from his breakup.

A's beat the tigers and are now 9-7.

d489e9e5-7bbf-59c9-89d8-5a9c10180e55.image.jpg

Wonder how many they'd have to win in a row to be in Sunday Night Baseball?

A: This is a trick question. They'll be on no sooner than when the Yankees are on their schedule, and maybe not even then.

A's beat the tigers and are now 9-7.

d489e9e5-7bbf-59c9-89d8-5a9c10180e55.image.jpg

I'd talk trash about the Mariners leading the division, but come on, it's the Mariners and it's April. I absolutely know better.

All that said, I'm reveling in beating the Asstros 2 of 3 and no, I don't care that 4 of their starters are out with Covid protocols. Considering how they've owned Seattle over the last half decade or so and considering they're a bunch of fukking cheaters, I'll take any Ws I can get.

Dodgers in Seattle for a 2 game series. They're 13-3 and that ain't no illusion. I'd be ecstatic with a split of the 2 games.

• Like 1

I'd talk trash about the Mariners leading the division, but come on, it's the Mariners and it's April. I absolutely know better.

I feel the same way about the Royals! Still haven't lost a series . . .

I spent the AM watching highlights of the A's last eight games and, man, are they playing great baseball right now. The trades of Chris Davis and Semien - brilliant financially - are starting to actually pay off on the field.

My other takeaway is that the MLB strike zone is as inconsistent as ever. :wacko:

Not a fan of these yellow Red Sox unis. I always appreciate a team trying something new for color scheme but this one isn't for me.

That's the Boston Marathon's colors. Yesterday was the anniversary of the marathon bombing.

Well, how about that. It's a nice gesture.

I spent the AM watching highlights of the A's last eight games and, man, are they playing great baseball right now. The trades of Chris Davis and Semien - brilliant financially - are starting to actually pay off on the field.

My other takeaway is that the MLB strike zone is as inconsistent as ever. :wacko:

Past time for computerized balls and strikes imo.

• Like 1

I knew the baseball gods would strike me down for the hubris of even mentioning the Royals were in first place. Wrong end of a football score last night. Bullpen not doing the job.

Now to avoid the sweep!

Cubs bag a win over the Mets on a cold night in Chicago.

Zach Davies starts tonight, though, and I have very little optimism on that front.

This should never be the case, but I'm actually fairly optimistic about tonight. Maybe it's because we're missing deGrom and that translates to a better overall mood.

If nothing else, that means you should drop everything and get all you can on the Mets.

Cubs bag a win over the Mets on a cold night in Chicago.

Zach Davies starts tonight, though, and I have very little optimism on that front.

You were right.