The 2021 MLB Season Thread! Tatis Jr. Is A Stud! A's Padres World Series! Place Your Betts! LOL!

RUSHHEAD666

Joe Musgrove with the first no hitter in the 53 year history of the (MLB not PCL) San Diego Padres!

And maybe the coolest thing about this is that he grew up in El Cajon, an eastern suburb of San Diego.

• Like 1

Joe Musgrove with the first no hitter in the 53 year history of the (MLB not PCL) San Diego Padres!

Only 1 HBP away from a perfect game. Truly dominant.

Must have been Caratini behind the plate!

• Like 1

f**k, we suck.

Time to put Rizzo on the mound.

I'm anticipating somewhere between 70-80 wins at best. They'll put it together for quite a few games, but either the starting pitching will get shelled or the bats will be agonizingly cold in most others.

I bet they shop Contreras at the deadline once that becomes apparent, and if Bryant keeps his comeback up, probably him too.

• Like 1

f**k, we suck.

I'm anticipating somewhere between 70-80 wins at best. They'll put it together for quite a few games, but either the starting pitching will get shelled or the bats will be agonizingly cold in most others.

I bet they shop Contreras at the deadline once that becomes apparent, and if Bryant keeps his comeback up, probably him too.

I'm becoming more ambivalent about breaking up the core. It's been at least since mid 2019 since there's been any consistent offensive performance. I look at the Brewer series and I would put the over under for runs scored at 3.5 vs Burnes, Woodruff and the other starter who I can't even remember but see shutting is down. It's like they've replaced aluminum barbarity wooden ones, or maybe a regular ball with a soggy softball.

Yesterday, during the Brewers-Cardinals game, the Brewers' dimwitted announcer Brian Anderson claimed that the Cardinals' Yadier Molina is the greatest defensive catcher in history.

I could barely sit still. I wanted to jump into my 65" Sony, transport myself into the Brewers' announcers booth, and slap Anderson's face.....HARD.

[sLAP] ..... That's for disrespecting Johnny Bench, you twit! :rage:

Yesterday, during the Brewers-Cardinals game, the Brewers' dimwitted announcer Brian Anderson claimed that the Cardinals' Yadier Molina is the greatest defensive catcher in history.

I could barely sit still. I wanted to jump into my 65" Sony, transport myself into the Brewers' announcers booth, and slap Anderson's face.....HARD.

I like Brian Anderson, but, yeah... :facepalm:

I think the Brewers are spoiled with Anderson, he's a great broadcaster.

But that's...not true. Molina's great and probably HOF bound, but he's not the GOAT

f**k, we suck.

I'm becoming more ambivalent about breaking up the core. It's been at least since mid 2019 since there's been any consistent offensive performance. I look at the Brewer series and I would put the over under for runs scored at 3.5 vs Burnes, Woodruff and the other starter who I can't even remember but see shutting is down. It's like they've replaced aluminum barbarity wooden ones, or maybe a regular ball with a soggy softball.

Baez is a black hole for bad pitches and hasn't adapted.

Bryant and Rizzo are the most consistently good, but if either of them are off, it's a tall hill to climb to win a game. Rizzo's Aprils are historically pretty poor, so I'm hoping he warms up soon. Bryant is looking better in the opening week than he did all last year when he was playing hurt.

Here we go again.

At least the Masters is on in 23 minutes.

I draw a line somewhere, and that line is watching golf. I'll watch the Cubs lose 100 games before I put that on

So middle of August then.

• Like 1

I think the Brewers are spoiled with Anderson, he's a great broadcaster.

If you had to listen to him every game, you would change your mind....I hope! :lol:

For one thing, he hardly ever stops talking.

His knowledge of the game and its history is piss poor (as proven by his comment about Yadier Molina).

If he's not mimicking his partner Bill Schroeder's clichés, he's droning on and on about irrelevancies.

His respect for baseball's traditions is nil. Whenever he and Schroeder are doing a game and a pitcher is pursuing a no-hitter, Anderson won't stop talking about it. Even when Schroeder reminds him that the tradition is to not mention it, he chuckles and keeps at it.

He's the quintessential mainstream, generic, corporate announcer. That's why MLB has him do post-season games.

And another thing about former Brewer-now-analyst Bill Schroeder: His vocabulary is about 50 words. The same clichés all game, every game.

And another another thing: On-field reporter Sophia Minnaert interviews players after each win. Every game, she asks the same dim-witted question, but in different forms:

"How important was it to get this win?"

"How big is it to...."

"How special was it to...."

The players sometimes look at her with a confused look. Should they say, "It was not important at all, Sophia"....? :huh: :huh:

[Thank you for tolerating this rant.]

• Like 2

Here we go again.

At least the Masters is on in 23 minutes.

I draw a line somewhere, and that line is watching golf. I'll watch the Cubs lose 100 games before I put that on

So middle of August then.

Just in time for the Fed Ex cup playoffs, then!

I hope you're right about the timing of those hundred losses!

A's defeat the Asstros!

And another!

Any and all Asstro losses are good losses

I will hate them forever...except in Nolan Ryan YouTube replays.

A's defeat the Asstros!

And another!

What about Mark Lemongello? I remember watching this live.

A's defeat the Asstros!

And another!

What about Mark Lemongello? I remember watching this live.

JR Richard, ftw.