The 2021 MLB Season Thread! Tatis Jr. Is A Stud! A's Padres World Series! Place Your Betts! LOL!

RUSHHEAD666

The Milwaukee Brewers STILL have no idea of how to run the bases. :rage:

The Milwaukee Brewers STILL have no idea of how to run the bases. :rage:

But Lorenzo Cain knows how to run the bases! BREWERS WIN IN THE 10TH!!

Kershaw's career winding down sooner rather than later I'm afraid.

The A's lit him up a week ago.

Kershaw was charged with nine runs (eight earned) on nine hits (including three doubles and a triple) and two walks in just 3-1/3 innings.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dodgersnation.com/dodgers-should-we-be-concerned-about-clayton-kershaws-rough-spring-numbers/2021/03/29/amp/

"Should we be Concerned About Clayton Kershaw’s Rough Spring Numbers?"

2014 Spring Training

4 starts, 14 2/3 innings

9.20 ERA, 20 hits (3 home runs) allowed

.317 batting average allowed

"How did Kershaw fare that year you may ask? He went on to win his third Cy Young Award and be crowned the NL MVP."

2021 Spring Training

4 starts, 12 1/3 innings

10.22 ERA, 21 hits (3 home runs) allowed

.375 batting average allowed

So...Maybe we shouldn't put too much weight on early performance? But then, age matters.

I hate the runner on 2nd to start extra innings rule even if it helped get the Mariners a win last night.

Of all of the shitty new rules, that is, IMO, the shittiest. Maybe start it in the 13th if you absolutely have to. I'd rather see ties than this gimmicky shit.

I hate the runner on 2nd to start extra innings rule even if it helped get the Mariners a win last night.

Of all of the shitty new rules, that is, IMO, the shittiest. Maybe start it in the 13th if you absolutely have to. I'd rather see ties than this gimmicky shit.

MLB is following the NFL's lead in slowly transforming the sport into the high school version.

• Like 1

Hope it was just the really cold day at Wrigley but that was some really awful play yesterday by the Cubs. Hendricks had some pretty uncharacteristic command issues and the bats were as quiet as they've ever been. Edited by The Analog Cub

Hope it was just the really cold day at Wrigley but that was some really awful play yesterday by the Cubs. Hendricks had some pretty uncharacteristic command issues and the bats were as quiet as they've ever been.

I think that was the worst opening day performance I've ever seen, considering the opponent. Pittsburgh was horrible, too, but there was little doubt about the outcome throughout. It probably should have been 10-1 or maybe 2. Contreras was lucky he didn't get thrown out twice and the failure of the Pittsburgh runner to tag was the worst decision of its kind in a long, long time. Just a deflating day all the way around.

Hope it was just the really cold day at Wrigley but that was some really awful play yesterday by the Cubs. Hendricks had some pretty uncharacteristic command issues and the bats were as quiet as they've ever been.

I think that was the worst opening day performance I've ever seen, considering the opponent. Pittsburgh was horrible, too, but there was little doubt about the outcome throughout. It probably should have been 10-1 or maybe 2. Contreras was lucky he didn't get thrown out twice and the failure of the Pittsburgh runner to tag was the worst decision of its kind in a long, long time. Just a deflating day all the way around.

Pittsburgh horrible? :lol: :lol: Yes, and expecting much more to come. :( I can't tell you how happy everyone in Pittsburgh is that we have a win! :lol: :lol: One, at least, and first in the standings for now. We will take what we can get this season.

Pittsburgh horrible? :lol: :lol: Yes, and expecting much more to come. :( I can't tell you how happy everyone in Pittsburgh is that we have a win! :lol: :lol: One, at least, and first in the standings for now. We will take what we can get this season.

Only 18 more against the Cubs....

At least you can enjoy KeBryan Hayes.

• Like 1

The 2021 MLB All-Star Game says buh-bye to Atlanta.

Will this be the only action by pro sports against the state of Georgia, or will others do something?

The 2021 Masters Tournament begins next week, in Augusta.

• Like 1

His HR was sweet! I am missing Steven Brault though. He is a left handed starting pitcher that had been coming along well the last few years, but he strained his shoulder badly in spring training and is on the 60 day DL. :(

His HR was sweet! I am missing Steven Brault though. He is a left handed starting pitcher that had been coming along well the last few years, but he strained his shoulder badly in spring training and is on the 60 day DL. :(

The Cubs have always hit him, but he can hit better than half the guys in the lineup, and his honeycomb tattoos are mesmerizing.

• Like 1

Regardless of how good your team is, I'd absolutely love to go to a game at PNC. That downtown skyline past the outfield is awesome. I went right by the park on June of '18 on my cross country and back motorcycle trip but Gettysburg was my destination for the night. If I'd have been thinking it through I might've stayed in P'burgh and attended a game (no idea if they were home that day).

• Like 1

Regardless of how good your team is, I'd absolutely love to go to a game at PNC. That downtown skyline past the outfield is awesome. I went right by the park on June of '18 on my cross country and back motorcycle trip but Gettysburg was my destination for the night. If I'd have been thinking it through I might've stayed in P'burgh and attended a game (no idea if they were home that day).

It is a great place to see a game, just beautiful. It would be nice to get to one this summer! I think the last one I went to was in 2017 or 2018; we lost to the Cubs but a lot of fun anyway.

Bottom 9th, 2 out: A fast ball by Twins reliever Colome hits his catcher in the thigh, and the ball goes straight up and hits the ump in the throat.

While the ump recovers, the Brewers' trainer, who was assisting the ump, collapses on the field. CRAZY.... :eh: :eh: :eh: