For people on the forum who AREN'T a fan of Sir Paul "Macca" McCartney, come into this thread, I want to hear your reasons for this, IF YOU DARE!

treeduck

Solo Macca is hit or miss. I only own Band On The Run, Ram and Venus On Mars on vinyl so far. Harrison is the most consistent to me.

I'll try his other albums later on since he's done way more than Lennon and Harrison. He's nearly got as many as Dylan, Neil Young and Prince. :lol:

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

They’re just not my thing. I’m grateful for their legacy and appreciate their craft but I prefer something...else.

This, 100%. I respect them for what they did and the influence they had on 99% of the bands I like, but I don't listen to them.

• Like 1

I have to be honest, I'm not a die-hard Beatles fan.

I remember for five years in high-school band class from the late 80's to the mid 90's, we had to play Beatles songs.

It made me cringe because I would've rather played 'The Power of Love' by Huey Lewis & The News.

The class also watched A Hard Day's Night, which at the time I didn't appreciate.

I brought in the 1985 Huey Lewis concert film 'The Heart of Rock and Roll' for the class to watch instead, as a way to prove a point.

As an adult, I've grown to appreciate The Beatles, but I prefer the hits from the 'RED' and 'BLUE' compilation albums.

It's the same with the solo careers, I prefer the hits.

I only like Revolver, but it's not an album I'd dig out every week to play.

Sadly, my 4th birthday will always be remembered on the same day John Lennon passed on.

What's interesting is other acts who incorporate Beatles type sounds into their music, I would listen to much more.

I'd prefer listening to Billy Joel, Crowded House, Elvis Costello, XTC, Phil Keaggy, Klaatu, and The Traveling Wilburys over The Beatles.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 1

I was never a big Beatles fan. So, I have never had any interest in diving into any of their solo material.

^^^ Yep, right here. With the Beatles, it was a matter of timing and location. As the Beatles, and the following British Invasion was breaking, back home a former Ford assembly line worked was making his start in the recording business. That fellow was Berry Gordy, Jr., and I picked up on the music he was putting out more than the Brits at the time.

I was never a big Beatles fan. So, I have never had any interest in diving into any of their solo material.

What don't you like about the Beatles?

Nothing. I don't dislike them in any way. My parents owned most of their albums so I did hear them a good amount growing up. I like most of what I know from them but just never became a big fan. Something just didn't click with me to take me down that road. There's no denying the talent and massive influence they had on the music world though.

• Like 1

I love The Beatles. But everything I have ever heard from each of them solo has been boring.

McCartney...I tried his new album.

...hard pass.

But I respect him and the rest of the band so much, but the magic was, for me, what they did together.

• Like 2

I love The Beatles. But everything I have ever heard from each of them solo has been boring.

...hard pass.

But I respect him and the rest of the band so much, but the magic was, for me, what they did together.

I know you. One day you'll wake up and all of a sudden you'll be the biggest MACCA fan on planet earth! :hail:

...hard pass.

I know you. One day you'll wake up and all of a sudden you'll be the biggest MACCA fan on planet earth! :hail:

Maybe, those sorts of occurrences are happening less and less these days! I tried some of the higher rated McCartney. Lasted half of Tug Of War and one seventies album