What are you doing for Thanksgiving?

Lorraine

I brought a prime rib up from NV to my inlaws here in Oroville, WA. There will be six of us for dinner.

How far is Oroville from Post Falls?

5 hrs or so. It is up above Wenatchee and Omak.

The Similkameen River runs through it coming down from Canada.

Well, in any event, it is nice to know a fellow TRFer is so nearby. Helps keep whatever sanity I have left intact.

My maternal Grandparents lived in Post Falls when I was growing up. In those days it was a town of about 7000 people and in my young days I-90 hadn't been completed through town. I used to walk down the road with my Grandmother to the neighbor that had a farm and help milk cows and pick raspberries, etc. It's now a subdivision. :(

My folks are still alive and live in the Spokane Valley which is where I grew up. Hell, they're still in the same house and have been since 1965. They're in their late 80s. I go over there all the time so often a TRFer nearby. :)

I lived in Spokane Valley until about 9 months ago.

Post Falls is going the same route as Spokane Valley. When I moved to Spokane Valley (1992), you could leave your front door and car unlocked without fear. Those days are long gone.

Edited by Lorraine

I brought a prime rib up from NV to my inlaws here in Oroville, WA. There will be six of us for dinner.

Well, in any event, it is nice to know a fellow TRFer is so nearby. Helps keep whatever sanity I have left intact.

My maternal Grandparents lived in Post Falls when I was growing up. In those days it was a town of about 7000 people and in my young days I-90 hadn't been completed through town. I used to walk down the road with my Grandmother to the neighbor that had a farm and help milk cows and pick raspberries, etc. It's now a subdivision. :(

My folks are still alive and live in the Spokane Valley which is where I grew up. Hell, they're still in the same house and have been since 1965. They're in their late 80s. I go over there all the time so often a TRFer nearby. :)

I lived in Greenacres until about 9 months ago.

Post Falls is going the same route as Spokane Valley.

Yes it is. Couer d' Alene is already there.

Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 1

It's very sad. I see every day many many cars with out-of-state license plates from across the country. Is everyone moving here?

It's very sad. I see every day many many cars with out-of-state license plates from across the country. Is everyone moving here?

Only the ones that aren't moving to Portland/Vancouver. :(

• Like 1

goose: been through Oroville several times over the last few years on my motorcycle travels. Last time I was there it was August summer before last and I'd been up riding through B.C. Stopped for a cold drink in O'ville and it was like 95 degrees.

Joe's. Ride into BC through Okanogan wine country is beautiful. :ebert:

Idaho is cheap and has a great tax structure (for now). People tired of the rat race are cashing out and moving in.

As Thanksgiving anywhere in Canada is in Oct., for this year, I've had mine, already. I've been a Pittsburgh Steelers' fan, so, since they are having, and needing to play on Thurs. against Baltimore, in Pittsburgh, I'll be watching it like Blue (Becky) will be.
  • Like 3

As Thanksgiving anywhere in Canada is in Oct., for this year, I've had mine, already. I've been a Pittsburgh Steelers' fan, so, since they are having, and needing to play on Thurs. against Baltimore, in Pittsburgh, I'll be watching it like Blue (Becky) will be.

Yasssss! High five! (I hope they can still play with the covid numbers that are coming out . . . )

PDQu8sZm.jpg

• Like 3

Idaho is cheap and has a great tax structure (for now). People tired of the rat race are cashing out and moving in.

Idaho used to be cheap. Thanks to all the out-of-towners moving here, the real estate is through the ceiling, but you can get a studio apartment for $850 a month and a 1-bedroom for $1,000. Who here makes that kind of money? This is how you create homelessness.

Idaho is in the dark ages and needs to get with it. Lousy internet service providers too.

Loads of jobs available though. I don't think anyone wants to work anymore. "Help Wanted" and "Hiring" signs have been up forever.

Edited by Lorraine

Every morning this week I've been hiking the Similkameen River trail. We cross this trestle bridge, then follow a trail three miles up to the Enloe Dam.

WA-Oroville_Similkameen-Trail_credit-BLM-Greg-Shine-2.0-e1581447246607-696x453.jpg

1075425_421619334618629_1526681428_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=d2e176&_nc_ohc=R1KljnX-jngAX8fahQa&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&tp=6&oh=8d41b7c963898d5b1cf6a4a23f1429b4&oe=5FE4A229

Edited by goose
  • Like 7

Just me and hubby. Part takeout (turkey, broccolini) and part cooked here (mashed potatoes and stuffing)...all the recipes my Mom used to cook is just too much for 2 people. Will be having a zoom chat with my sister's family, it is just too scary to risk getting together.

It's really weird - I wonder how many people a year ago had even heard of the zoom application? Now the whole world uses it!!

Not quite. I never heard of it. And I'm grateful I haven't.

You're right few knew of it,an obscure program until the virus hit. My hubby works online from our basement, has meetings online every day. Kids use it for classes. Funny thing, they were losing money on it until this...strange how things change.

We may dislike it but it has been a godsend for many so they can continue to work. I am willing to try it since I haven't seen my sister and family since September. It will be strange but I would like to be here this time next year so better safe than sorry.

• Like 3

Just me and hubby. Part takeout (turkey, broccolini) and part cooked here (mashed potatoes and stuffing)...all the recipes my Mom used to cook is just too much for 2 people. Will be having a zoom chat with my sister's family, it is just too scary to risk getting together.

It's really weird - I wonder how many people a year ago had even heard of the zoom application? Now the whole world uses it!!

Not quite. I never heard of it. And I'm grateful I haven't.

You're right few knew of it,an obscure program until the virus hit. My hubby works online from our basement, has meetings online every day. Kids use it for classes. Funny thing, they were losing money on it until this...strange how things change.

We may dislike it but it has been a godsend for many so they can continue to work. I am willing to try it since I haven't seen my sister and family since September. It will be strange but I would like to be here this time next year so better safe than sorry.

I agree. If it can bring people together during these times then so much the better.

I only wish my Mum would embrace technology (she hasn't got a smartphone, tablet, PC or email address and has no intention of doing so!!)

I know I can, and do, talk to her on the phone, but it would be nice to see her while doing so!

However we got some good news last night - It looks like there will be a very limited opportunity for families to get together in a very controlled way for a few days over Christmas, so perhaps we can get to see her then.

• Like 4

Staying in with My Sweet Bride and enjoying a non-traditional pot roast as neither of us are huge turkey fans. Probably gonna rent that New Mutants movie.
  • Like 2

Every morning this week I've been hiking the Similkameen River trail. We cross this trestle bridge, then follow a trail three miles up to the Enloe Dam.

WA-Oroville_Similkameen-Trail_credit-BLM-Greg-Shine-2.0-e1581447246607-696x453.jpg

1075425_421619334618629_1526681428_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=d2e176&_nc_ohc=R1KljnX-jngAX8fahQa&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&tp=6&oh=8d41b7c963898d5b1cf6a4a23f1429b4&oe=5FE4A229

That's beautiful. Right up my alley. I love nature.

It's cold and damp here. How about where you are?

Yasssss! High five! (I hope they can still play with the covid numbers that are coming out . . . )

PDQu8sZm.jpg

Game moved to Sunday due to COVID numbers among the Ravens

• Like 1

That's beautiful. Right up my alley. I love nature.

It's cold and damp here. How about where you are?

It was rainy Tuesday, mostly sunny today, and the moon is bright tonight.

So, we did the big supper tonight. The prime rib was killer. I did it the 'reverse sear' method, meaning a long slow cook at 225F, followed by a 30 minute rest and 15 minutes at 500F. :)
  • Like 7

PDQu8sZm.jpg

Yes, so disappointing! What did the Ravens do, pass around Ray Lewis' germy white jacket? (sorry, he is still fuel for jokes in Pittsburgh.) I'm not that interested in the other 2 games, although my husband is an Eagles fan and is fascinated by the standings in the NFC East! :LOL: Guess I can hang in there until Sunday. I hope they can play it then.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

So, we did the big supper tonight. The prime rib was killer. I did it the 'reverse sear' method, meaning a long slow cook at 225F, followed by a 30 minute rest and 15 minutes at 500F. :)

That sounds fantastic! :ebert:

• Like 1

PDQu8sZm.jpg

Yes, so disappointing! What did the Ravens do, pass around Ray Lewis' germy white jacket? (sorry, he is still fuel for jokes in Pittsburgh.) I'm not that interested in the other 2 games, although my husband is an Eagles fan and is fascinated by the standings in the NFC East! :LOL: Guess I can hang in there until Sunday. I hope they can play it then.

He should be fuel for comments about being someone's prison girlfriend, but like OJ, he also got away with murder.

At any rate, the wife and I will be hanging around eating one of these along with the usual fixins.

61027-turkey-en-croute.jpg

• Like 1

With, and about the Pittsburgh Steelers', and Baltimore Ravens' N.F.L. regular season game being rescheduled to Sun., if I saw, and heard something before it got to not able to "Edit" my post, then I would've done it. Hopefully, at least, it will stay as scheduled for, and on Sun. "Happy Thanksgiving 2020". Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

No Thanksgiving in these parts of course. So, it’s been a usual Thursday albeit a bit busier than usual at the job. Still, nothing too strenuous, and parts were even entertaining.

Will do Skype with most of the Blaze bros at 6am tomorrow before I get ready for work. Time-wise, they’ll be at 4pm and 3pm Thanksgiving day. Would be nice to have some turkey and pumpkin pie etc but tbh, i got used to missing those sorts of great eats ages ago.

• Like 3

PDQu8sZm.jpg

He should be fuel for comments about being someone's prison girlfriend, but like OJ, he also got away with murder.

Agree,

Begs the question did Ben get away with rape?

• Like 2