3 90s Rush Songs Part IX

ST3V

Doupoll Agent  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Neurotica
    • Double Agent
    • Half The World

Part 9 is 3 songs that seem to always have very mixed receptions with the Rush community, these seem to commonly be Love it or Hate it songs.

Double Agent is among one of my worst Rush songs. The only part that really ever sticks with me is the bridge at the "wilderness of mirrors" part. The song is too cheesy. Neurotica is not a standout from RTB but still pretty good nonetheless (I even created the first Guitar Tab for Neurotica!) It's a memorable song for me, and while the production of the song isnt great, the music itsself is very well done. That solo is outstanding. Half The World is a top song from T4E. No matter how much you tell me, I will still think those lyrics are great. While yes, the music itself isnt as memorable, its not bad. Half The World takes this one for me.

From Test For Echo, "Half the World" has been my third favorite song. From Counterparts, I like "Double Agent". I've picked, and chosen "Half the World". Edited by Derek19

Three of the worst the band has to offer. Double Agent is not in the bottom two (of 165) so it wins easily.

Neurotica suffers from a horrible chorus. The intro is badass, and the song moves along fine unto the chorus, which is horrid. This is the song that marks a huge jump of the shark for Geddy in terms of creative decisions in vocals.

Half the World is just lazy in every aspect.

Double Agent is a cringy rehash of Cygnus-like song phrasing, with goofy spoken-word vocals woven in very un-rock crooning.

None of the above.

Double Agent easy. Possibly my favorite on CP and a rare instance of Rush trying to shake up the song structure in an almost proggy manner post Signals. Half The World is fine by me. Neurotica can take a long walk off of a short pier. Def Leppard wrote it better when it was called Hysteria.