Ultimate Rock Bands Elimination: Round 14 (8/23/20)

_hi_water._

20 members have voted

1. 1. Immune:

• AC/DC
    • Beatles
    • Black Sabbath
    • Deep Purple
    • Genesis
    • Iron Maiden
    • Jethro Tull
    • Led Zeppelin
    • Lynyrd Skynyrd
    • Metallica
    • Pink Floyd
    • Queen
    • Rolling Stones
    • Van Halen
    • Yes
  2. 2. Eliminate:

Cars, Def Leppard and ZZ Top have been eliminated!

40. Skid Row

39. Muse

38. Nirvana

37. Toto

36. Camel

35. Free

34. Nine Inch Nails

33. Opeth

32. Gentle Giant

31. Whitesnake ( :()

30. Jefferson Airplane

29. Guns N Roses

28. Heart

27. King Crimson

26. Emerson, Lake & Palmer

25. Fleetwood Mac ( :rage:)

24. Alice Cooper

23. Pearl Jam

22. Kansas ( :rage:)

21. Yardbirds

20. Boston

19. Aerosmith

18. Cars

17. ZZ Top

16. Def Leppard

Prog vs. Metal fans

OK...in the spirit of the thread, I'm really focusing on the idea of ultimate rock bands now.

Although I'm not a huge fan, keep the Stones. And even though I am a huge fan of Tull, I don't see them as an ultimate rock band. Deep Purple either, so goodbye to those two.

OK...in the spirit of the thread, I'm really focusing on the idea of ultimate rock bands now.

Although I'm not a huge fan, keep the Stones. And even though I am a huge fan of Tull, I don't see them as an ultimate rock band. Deep Purple either, so goodbye to those two.

You've got to give it to The Stones. A number of great songs/albums, they are still touring ( we'll they were ) and selling out football/baseball stadiums. They have an album in their back pocket and I'd like to see that released very soon.

• Like 1

I wonder if I should make another elimination of this same thing but with different bands

there's quite some people who want bands like Judas Priest and Scorpions...

• Like 1

I wonder if I should make another elimination of this same thing but with different bands

I like but don’t love Priest and the Scorps but I’d put both over nearly every band that’s already been eliminated. And I’d put them over some of the bands that still remain.

I’m not saying you should make another thread though.

• Like 1

I like but don’t love Priest and the Scorps but I’d put both over nearly every band that’s already been eliminated. And I’d put them over some of the bands that still remain.

Lets get this one finished first!

Who would be in it besides bands in these threads + Priest and Scorpions?

• Like 1

If we are talking about Priest and Scorps perhaps it could be an 'Ultimate Metal Band Poll'?? That would dump a bunch of this list. Now who else could we include?? ... Slayer, Megadeth, Savatage, Rammstein ??????
  • Like 1

If we are talking about Priest and Scorps perhaps it could be an 'Ultimate Metal Band Poll'?? That would dump a bunch of this list. Now who else could we include?? ... Slayer, Megadeth, Savatage, Rammstein ??????

Savatage and Rammstein would get their asses kicked. Nothing against either band but when they’re up against Priest, Megadeth, and that sort, they just won’t get far. I guess there’d be the end result of where they stand on the list which could be interesting

• Like 1

Savatage and Rammstein would get their asses kicked. Nothing against either band but when they’re up against Priest, Megadeth, and that sort, they just won’t get far. I guess there’d be the end result of where they stand on the list which could be interesting

I just threw those names out there ..... even seeing who would be on the starting blocks would be interesting!!!

Lots of potential choices from old school to the new boys on the block.

(When you get to my age any band past 1980 are new boys lol!!!) :codger:

There were two bands, and groups, who I immune because they were getting more eliminate votes, than immune ones, and I like them, too. For right now, I have, and need to immune another one. I've voted.

Immune: Genesis

I don't mean to criticize you, but The Who is a really shocking omission from your original poll, since they are one of the most revered classic rock bands and they're popular among Rush fans.

IMO they deserved to be in the poll much more than bands as Toto, Skid Row and Heart.

http://www.therushfo...1-closes-72820/

Edited by Texas King
  • Like 3

You like Savatage?! It's hard to find fans of them anymore. I turned Segue and Mick into fans on here. They wouldn't last long unless us four voted to immune them each time. I don't think Rammstein would fair too well since it's only the people in Europe who care about them.

You like Savatage?! It's hard to find fans of them anymore. I turned Segue and Mick into fans on here. They wouldn't last long unless us four voted to immune them each time. I don't think Rammstein would fair too well since it's only the people in Europe who care about them.

I don’t know about your Rammstein comment because I definitely remember some dudes back in high school and uni (in Florida) really being into them. I don’t remember any TRFer liking them though so yeah I doubt they’d last very long in a multiple band elimination round thread.

• Like 1

I don't mean to criticize you, but The Who is a really shocking omission from your original poll, since they are one of the most revered classic rock bands and they're popular among Rush fans.

IMO they deserved to be in the poll much more than bands as Toto, Skid Row and Heart.

http://www.therushfo...1-closes-72820/

Right. Imho, The Who should be in the same conversation as Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, and other such big guns.

• Like 2

Strange to see so many votes to do away with Genesis, but then I have to remember not everyone is a prog head like me and some think the lyrics about greek mythology and flower costumes were just weird.

Still though, I'd love to see Genesis stick it out for a while longer. Maybe I should stop voting to make Queen immune every time, lol.

• Like 1