List the concerts you've had postponed or canceled because of COVID-19

So far for me:

Drive-by Truckers in Portland March 21

Alice Cooper in Portland April 22nd

Truckers already rescheduled for August 22. No reschedule date for Alice yet.

Have a Steve Winwood/Steely Dan show June 2nd that so far anyway is a go

• Like 1

Nothing yet but there are two coming up in May that I'm pretty sure will be cancelled. Even if we find a cure for this within the next month, the fallout will last a little while. I wouldn't be surprised if there were no more large gatherings for the rest of the year.

I don’t have anything scheduled until August and September, so nothing postponed for me. But I feel so horribly sad, just like everyone else does, about the status of live music these days.

Dropkick Murphys recently live streamed a show for all those stuck at home. I don't know the details of how they did it but I wouldn't be surprised to see more bands start doing this and maybe charge something like $5 for it. A lot of musicians are losing money right now just like many other people are. The lower to mid level acts especially will be hit pretty hard financially by not being able to tour.
  • Like 1

We were supposed to see the southern rock band The Outlaws at the end of March. It has been rescheduled to the end of May, during a weekend when we will be away. :( The way things are going you have to wonder about the end of May as well.

We were thinking about seeing the Rolling Stones in Pittsburgh in June but they have "postponed" the whole tour. :(

I feel for the group, Overtime Angels, that is trying to put together the Neil memorial tribute concert in St. Catherines on May 16th. Their plans are in a holding pattern now, due to the coronavirus and border closures. They are a small group that operates on a shoestring in order to donate the most that they can to charities.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

Dropkick Murphys recently live streamed a show for all those stuck at home. I don't know the details of how they did it but I wouldn't be surprised to see more bands start doing this and maybe charge something like $5 for it. A lot of musicians are losing money right now just like many other people are. The lower to mid level acts especially will be hit pretty hard financially by not being able to tour.

Garth Brooks is live streaming a 30 min. show on Facebook Monday 4:00 PM Pacific time so that's already another act to go this route. Guessing they won't be last.

BTW, I don't do Facebook at all, my wife does.

• Like 1

Gabriel Iglesias (fluffy) played a packed house show in Kalamazoo last week that I almost went too...then thought differently because of Covid.

His remaining shows on his tour got shut down after that.

Fluffy always has good shows in Kalamazoo. One of the few acts that can still fill the local minor league hockey arena.

elton john's grand rapids show was postponed. mrs hemi wanted to go but ticket prices were stupid. good riddance.

hope this covid really f***s up all the ticket scalper sites.

Edited by HemiBeers

elton john's grand rapids show was postponed. mrs hemi wanted to go but ticket prices were stupid. good riddance.

I am really glad that I got to see him a few months ago.

I also paid a price that you would probably call ‘stupid’...but it was so incredible.

• Like 1

I also paid a price that you would probably call ‘stupid’...but it was so incredible.

I spent stupid money to see Rush from the front row on the Time Machine tour. Money stupidly well spent I would say.

• Like 2

I'm worried about live event attendance across the board when this pandemic is over. There will certainly be a lot of people itching to get back out to the games and concerts but there will also be many who are going to more cautious about being in big crowds for a long time. I don't think ticket sales are going to be that great for a few years until some are absolutely sure the thing is over and feel safe going out again. Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

I'm worried about live event attendance across the board when this pandemic is over. There will certainly be a lot of people itching to get back out the games and concerts but there will always be many who are going to more cautious about being in big crowds for a long time. I don't think ticket sales are going to be that great for a few years until some are absolutely sure the thing is over and feel safe going out again.

I know! I hear that baseball won't be back until June 1st now with NO FANS!

So having thousands of people in an arena for baseball stadium for a rock show doesn't look good for July.

I'm worried about live event attendance across the board when this pandemic is over. There will certainly be a lot of people itching to get back out the games and concerts but there will always be many who are going to more cautious about being in big crowds for a long time. I don't think ticket sales are going to be that great for a few years until some are absolutely sure the thing is over and feel safe going out again.

So having thousands of people in an arena for baseball stadium for a rock show doesn't look good for July.

I don't think there will be any large gatherings until at least the fall and that's if things go very good and fast with finding a cure. There's still a big fallout to come too. Could be next year before we can go to sporting events or concerts.

• Like 1

I'm worried about live event attendance across the board when this pandemic is over. There will certainly be a lot of people itching to get back out to the games and concerts but there will also be many who are going to more cautious about being in big crowds for a long time. I don't think ticket sales are going to be that great for a few years until some are absolutely sure the thing is over and feel safe going out again.

yep. the trickle down from this will suck

people may have less discretionary income to piss away on concerts and beer once the shit passes

an old saying paraphrased

concerts and beer will get you through times of no money

better than money will get you through times of no concerts and beer

Grin and beer it!

• Like 3

I don't think there will be any large gatherings until at least the fall and that's if things go very good and fast with finding a cure. There's still a big fallout to come too. Could be next year before we can go to sporting events or concerts.

I think you are right.

I'm hoping Christmas won't be cancelled.

I'm worried about live event attendance across the board when this pandemic is over. There will certainly be a lot of people itching to get back out to the games and concerts but there will also be many who are going to more cautious about being in big crowds for a long time. I don't think ticket sales are going to be that great for a few years until some are absolutely sure the thing is over and feel safe going out again.

yep. the trickle down from this will suck

people may have less discretionary income to piss away on concerts and beer once the shit passes

an old saying paraphrased

concerts and beer will get you through times of no money

better than money will get you through times of no concerts and beer

Grin and beer it!

Hahahaha! "Grin and beer it!" I LOVE IT!

Tang, I agree with you. Although I already bought all my tickets, it will hurt those who are struggling financially. Hotel rooms, travel, gas, food, beer, concert swag.

It's going to be a long summer.

• Like 1

Abbath - was supposed to be today

Yob on March 23rd

Ooooh... I am sure Pat would loved to have seen Abbath. He got his name from "Black Sabbath." Pat is trying to get me into Black Metal. Can't do it. The music is fine. It's usually the voice that kills it for me.

• Like 1

Yob on March 23rd

Ooooh... I am sure Pat would loved to have seen Abbath. He got his name from "Black Sabbath." Pat is trying to get me into Black Metal. Can't do it. The music is fine. It's usually the voice that kills it for me.

He sure does put on a great show! i saw him back in october and i’ve been wanting to see him again ever since.

It took me a while to get into black metal. I think Satyricon were my gateway band.

• Like 1

I spent stupid money to see Rush from the front row on the Time Machine tour. Money stupidly well spent I would say.

Exactly!

I wasn’t in the front row at all- but still great seats, and a great experience; a night I will never forget.

Yob on March 23rd

He sure does put on a great show! i saw him back in october and i’ve been wanting to see him again ever since.

It took me a while to get into black metal. I think Satyricon were my gateway band.

Interesting! I am very intrigued by your passion for Black Metal. I have heard of Satyricon. I will try it. Pat will be proud. lol

• Like 1

Exactly!

I wasn’t in the front row at all- but still great seats, and a great experience; a night I will never forget.

It's why I'm divorced. Spent all of my disposable income on RUSH concerts and travel. Some say I was selfish, but whenever my ex and I would travel around the country to see RUSH I always booked excellent hotels, took her to wonderful restaurants and took her shopping often.

I did my best, and she never complained. But when she turned 40 it was like a switch went off in here head. She was done going to any concert with me. She wanted to just say home and watch tv. Go to the gym and eat kale. Was a soccer and school taxi for our girls.

Oh well. Life goes on. I have no regrets. I have thousands of wonderful memories in my mind.

• Like 1