The 2019-20 NHL Thread

blackhawkrush

Help me understand how the draft is going to work this year. The top spot is going to go to one of the teams eliminated from the playoffs? Why wouldn't it go to one of the teams that didn't make the playoffs?

I would bet my house the Penguins get the 1st pick in a process that makes absolutely no sense to me and can only be the product of a completely rigged process.

Help me understand how the draft is going to work this year. The top spot is going to go to one of the teams eliminated from the playoffs? Why wouldn't it go to one of the teams that didn't make the playoffs?

I would bet my house the Penguins get the 1st pick in a process that makes absolutely no sense to me and can only be the product of a completely rigged process.

The playoffs are being defined as the series that start tomorrow.

You don't think the Rangers are going to win the lottery?

• Like 1

Teams that were not involved in this tournament already had their draft lottery. No.1 pick was drawn for one of the losing teams in the qualifiers.

On the ticker during intermission, Panthers looking to give GM Dale Talon the boot.

As part of local tv news, Panthers and Fallon parting "by mutual agreement."

In the most surprising news since Stalin won his election in 1936, the Rangers have won the draft lottery.

In the most surprising news since Stalin won his election in 1936, the Rangers have won the draft lottery.

It's not like we didn't call it before the balls were dropped.

And the Rags can soon say hello to Lafreniere. Now they they're eliminated I have little doubt they'll end up winning the draft lottery.

Speaking of balls dropping, you notice how the guy who had the job of dropping the balls into the machine prematurely dropped the Rangers' ball? Of course that happened.

• Like 1

And the Rags can soon say hello to Lafreniere. Now they they're eliminated I have little doubt they'll end up winning the draft lottery.

Speaking of balls dropping, you notice how the guy who had the job of dropping the balls into the machine prematurely dropped the Rangers' ball? Of course that happened.

That conspiracy is hilariously all over Twitter. I wouldn't put it past Bettman and company, but eh.

The Blues got the Cup last year, and it's like all the anxiety and stress of 30 years of frustration built up within me was released. I can just enjoy hockey more now. It was always like going to war every night in front of my TV.

• Like 2

The New York Rangers were selected the number one draft pick. The official 2019/20 Playoffs begin, and start. Even though the two teams I root, and cheer for won't be continuing to play, I'll keep watching, and hoping other certain teams will advance, since the N.H.L. was able to return for finishing, and concluding the 2019/20 season. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 2

The two teams I don't want to play are the canes and the flyers.

Having said that the first few teams out of the next round are going to be Boston and Washington.

Thank God Rask's contract is up this year. Please, Cam, if you're reading this, move on from him. 2009, 2013, 2019. Haven't we seen enough of him when the rubber hits the road?

• Like 2

The two teams I don't want to play are the canes and the flyers.

Having said that the first few teams out of the next round are going to be Boston and Washington.

Thank God Rask's contract is up this year. Please, Cam, if you're reading this, move on from him. 2009, 2013, 2019. Haven't we seen enough of him when the rubber hits the road?

Indeed. He always seems to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
  • Like 1

That conspiracy is hilariously all over Twitter. I wouldn't put it past Bettman and company, but eh.

The Blues got the Cup last year, and it's like all the anxiety and stress of 30 years of frustration built up within me was released. I can just enjoy hockey more now. It was always like going to war every night in front of my TV.

Gotta have those conspiracy theories, people have to have something to do :eyeroll:. So you aren't stressed about the Blues trying to repeat? Guess time will tell. Now I just have to hope that the Blackhawks can steal a win or two. :popcorn:

• Like 1

Gotta have those conspiracy theories, people have to have something to do :eyeroll:. So you aren't stressed about the Blues trying to repeat? Guess time will tell. Now I just have to hope that the Blackhawks can steal a win or two. :popcorn:

Based on the Round Robin, I'm pretty convinced they won't. The Blues are a team that wins by out lasting and wearing down opponents. Now that everyone had months off to recuperate, the Blues lose their number 1 attribute. It's not like I think we'll do badly or anything, not particularly anyway. Just doesn't feel like our year. 2020 is maximum chaos mode.

Which is why I have the Coyotes winning the Cup on my bracket.

• Like 1

I couldn't speak for anybody else, but I'm not too stressed about the Blues trying to repeat. It is so hard to win back-to-back titles, I think it's a little unreasonable to expect it. What I do want is for the Blues to avoid flaming out in the playoffs. When that happens I always think it diminishes, just a little, the shine of the previous victory. Losing in the conference final would be understandable, losing in the Cup finals would be validation, too, I think. Losing in the first round to the Canucks? Not great. Gotta win at least one series; two is better yet. That stresses me a little.

Let's go Blues!

• Like 2

Based on the Round Robin, I'm pretty convinced they won't. The Blues are a team that wins by out lasting and wearing down opponents. Now that everyone had months off to recuperate, the Blues lose their number 1 attribute. It's not like I think we'll do badly or anything, not particularly anyway. Just doesn't feel like our year. 2020 is maximum chaos mode.

I like cheering for the underdog as much as anyone but that's going to be a stretch ;) Glad they made it this far, they are an up and coming team, like all those former Blackhawks too.

• Like 1

I like cheering for the underdog as much as anyone but that's going to be a stretch ;) Glad they made it this far, they are an up and coming team, like all those former Blackhawks too.

Honestly I think they're going to surprise. Through the Regular Season, they had a PP% + PK% over 100 and the 4th best GAA in the league. Special teams and defense are what wins Cups, and they're good enough with both.

Knocking out the Predators in the Play In is no small thing either in my mind. And they looked good doing it.

Plus that Kachina jersey... mwah, beautiful.

• Like 1

Now they are going into a 5th overtime and the Hurricanes and Bruins will have to play tomorrow. This game is insane, Korpisalo has 85 saves :drool:
  • Like 3

Why didn't Tortorella challenge that keep in off the face-off?

He probably knew it was good. Torts doesn't strike me as a bullshit time wasting kinda guy lol

Time wasting? It's the game winning goal. The Columbus station showed the Jackets bench in slow motion after the goal was scored. All the coaches started for the exit, not even bothering to look at the monitors.