"Let's Celebrate The 80's"

Lorraine

Hall & Oates need more love in this thread.

http://youtu.be/JsntlJZ9h1U

I always think of the 70's when I think of them, but they did have good songs in the 80's as well. Here's my all-time H&O fave:

http://youtu.be/XLYqTZKEpvs

That's quite the video. :unsure:

Time to listen to the "forget your troubles" band.

I just noticed he has a pack of cigarettes in his pocket. Oh for the good old days when they could do such things. :LOL: :smoke:

EDIT: Thanks for J2 for bringing them into this thread.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Judas Priest - Breaking The Law

BREAKING THE WHAT?

LAW!!!!

BREAKING THE WHAT??

LAW!!!!!!

BREA KING THE WHAAAAT????!

LAAAWWWW!!!!!

BREAKING THE LAW!!!!!!

*POP!*

*dun dun dun du dun dun du dun dun

dun dun dun du dun dun du dun dun*

• Like 3

I like this song!!!!!

:7up:

Rhyta, thanks for posting this. It's a great song. I really liked it. :)

You're right about it being catchy.

Thanks for putting up the video, I love the roller skating in it, so 80's :D

• Like 2

Judas Priest - Breaking The Law

BREAKING THE WHAT?

LAW!!!!

BREAKING THE WHAT??

LAW!!!!!!

BREA KING THE WHAAAAT????!

LAAAWWWW!!!!!

BREAKING THE LAW!!!!!!

*POP!*

*dun dun dun du dun dun du dun dun

dun dun dun du dun dun du dun dun*

Did you know if you sing "raking the lawn" instead it fits just the same as breaking the law?

• Like 1

The Replacements - America's Most Apathetic Rock and Roll Band.

It's certainly an endearing apathy. I'll have to add one of my favorite songs ever, The Replacement's I Will Dare

Along with Teenage Fanclub, my favorite band that worships at the feet of Alex Chilton

• Like 1

Wow the 80's. Lots of songs to celebrate. The Church - Under The Milky Way, is one of many.

Oh, man, what a great and trippy song. Haven't heard that for years. Off to Apple Music . . .

Invisible Airwave, love Weird Al. My favorite by him is Dog Eat Dog...great Talking Heads sound alike.

I got to see him in concert a couple of times, what fun :D

• Like 2

Invisible Airwave, love Weird Al. My favorite by him is Dog Eat Dog...great Talking Heads sound alike.

Weird Al is great and him and his band are phenomenal live performers. Seen him live four times and dare I say his last few albums have some of his best work. It seems the crappier modern pop becomes the better he gets.

• Like 3

Anyone remember the show Night Flight? I found a lot of funky and different videos on that show. I believe it was on the USA network and on the weekends.

Fever by Juluka was a cool one, a South African group with a white singer. Pretty brave in the era of apartheid.

Edited by Rhyta

Despite listing a couple Tones on Tail tracks, I overlooked Bauhaus, one of my favorites from the early '80s. Two standouts for me, the incomparable Bela Lugosi's Dead and the amazing Brian Eno classic, Third Uncle.

Bad audio but has the great opening scene from The Hunger:

Great cover:

Edited by Rutlefan

Weird Al is great and him and his band are phenomenal live performers. Seen him live four times and dare I say his last few albums have some of his best work. It seems the crappier modern pop becomes the better he gets.

Case in point, regarding Robin Thicke and crappy pop, Word Crimes. Funny and educational.

• Like 2

Anyone remember the show Night Flight? I found a lot of funky and different videos on that show. I believe it was on the USA network and on the weekends..........

I do, late 70s/early 80s and yeah it was on USA and yeah Saturday nights I believe. Watched it pretty regularly, usually stoned. First place I ever saw the Hendrix concert "Jimi Plays Berkeley" a concert in which he did a fire hot version of the Chuck Berry song Johnny B. Goode.

Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 1

Anyone remember the show Night Flight? I found a lot of funky and different videos on that show. I believe it was on the USA network and on the weekends..........

I do, late 70s/early 80s and yeah it was on USA and yeah Saturday nights I believe. Watched it pretty regularly, usually stoned. First place I ever saw the Hendrix concert "Jimi Plays Berkeley" a concert in which he did a fire hot version of the Chuck Berry song Johnny B. Goode.

Bet that was good. I found some great stuff on there. Saw this video of a Jean Luc-Ponty track and went out and bought the CD. I had been a fan of his for years but hadn't ever seen a video.

http://youtu.be/hZm85q6zt6s

Edited by Rhyta

Fever by Juluka was a cool one, a South African group with a white singer. Pretty brave in the era of apartheid. Got the vid now

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1