"Let's Celebrate The 80's"

Lorraine

For anyone who doesn't know, Bryan Adams and Billy Idol are touring together this summer. Should be a fun show for 80s nostalgia.

That's right - Run To You debuted in the 80's - 1984 I think.

Bryan Adams had a lot of big ones in the 80s.

Cuts Like A Knife

Somebody

Heaven

Summer Of 69

Heat Of The Night

It's Only Love

I'm sure there's a few I'm forgetting.

• Like 4

For anyone who doesn't know, Bryan Adams and Billy Idol are touring together this summer. Should be a fun show for 80s nostalgia.

Cuts Like A Knife

Somebody

Heaven

Summer Of 69

Heat Of The Night

It's Only Love

Straight From The Heart
  • Like 4

Hall & Oates need more love in this thread.

The trio of albums from Voices to H2O had some fun songs. And at one point as a 5th grader in ‘82, my top 3 bands were Rush, Journey, and Hall & Oates. I don’t really listen to Hall & Oates anymore but when one of those early 80s classics crosses my path, it takes me back to all the song-associated, fond memories.

• Like 2

The trio of albums from Voices to H2O had some fun songs. And at one point as a 5th grader in ‘82, my top 3 bands were Rush, Journey, and Hall & Oates. I don’t really listen to Hall & Oates anymore but when one of those early 80s classics crosses my path, it takes me back to all the song-associated, fond memories.

I'm a few years younger than you. I was in kindergarten around the time this song hit it big. Being a kid back in the 80s my whole life was MTV and Nintendo. Hall & Oates, Huey Lewis & the News, Def Leppard and Bon Jovi were my favorite bands back then.

• Like 2

I'm a few years younger than you. I was in kindergarten around the time this song hit it big. Being a kid back in the 80s my whole life was MTV and Nintendo. Hall & Oates, Huey Lewis & the News, Def Leppard and Bon Jovi were my favorite bands back then.

Daryl Hall can out sing anyone. A great singer. Robert Fripp agrees.

• Like 4

Cuts Like A Knife

Somebody

Heaven

Summer Of 69

Heat Of The Night

It's Only Love

Run To You

Kids Wanna Rock

• Like 1

http://youtu.be/JsntlJZ9h1U

Why do you say that? Not challenging you, just curious as to what would make him such a great singer.

• Like 1

Why do you say that? Not challenging you, just curious as to what would make him such a great singer.

He is a very strong vocalist and has great range. Pop, soul, rock. He's very versatile and sings effortlessly.

• Like 4

Cuts Like A Knife

Somebody

Heaven

Summer Of 69

Heat Of The Night

It's Only Love

Run To You

Kids Wanna Rock

Lorraine already mentioned Run To You, that's why I didn't. Forgot about Kids Wanna Rock. It was a hit but it was a few notches below how massive the rest of those songs were.

• Like 2

I always think of the 70's when I think of them, but they did have good songs in the 80's as well. Here's my all-time H&O fave:

http://youtu.be/XLYqTZKEpvs

That's quite the video. :unsure:

I guess it depends on how old you are. Obviously if you were alive in the 70s you would think of them as that. But as a kid in the 80s songs like Private Eyes and Maneater were my introduction to them. They transitioned into the MTV age quite well and used it to get songs that probably would have been hits anyways to become even bigger.

• Like 2