What Made You Do A Facepalm Today??

Principled Man

“It is with deep embarrassment that only after what regrettably happened did I learn of the antiquity of the monument.”  :facepalm:

-- Ivan Dimitrov, a 27-year-old man from England, who carved his and his girlfriend’s names into an internal wall of the 2,000-year-old Coliseum in Rome.

Dimitrov is being investigated for damaging a cultural heritage asset and, if convicted, faces a fine of between €2,500 and €15,000 as well as a prison sentence of two to five years.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, invisible airwave said:

Narcissists attract narcissists.  Not the flex this example of Dunning Kruger thinks it is.  Go away, you punk poser.

https://consequence.net/2023/07/machine-gun-kelly-punches-fan/

I'm a cynic so I think the punched guy was looking for a lawsuit, lol............

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, invisible airwave said:

I would have just spilled hot McD's coffee on my leg.  Remember that one?

On a lighter note McDonald's coffee is the Literal Best. If I don't have time to brew a pot at home I get my morning cup there. Wal Mart carries canisters of it too, it's soo good.

IMO I feel the McDonald's coffee lawsuit was legit but the public didn't want to hear more than the sound bites about the case. 

Today's facepalm- being too lazy to be productive today. Ugh. Bad me. Bad bad.

Looking at his face and his other tweets, it's no surprise he's asking for scorn.  Calling Robbie, McAdams, Theron et al mid is flat Earther malarkey.  Of course, he has the "I'm right because I say so" mentality so he doubles down.  They always do.

He should stick to Kartrashians.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3473751/the-internet-has-been-calling-margot-robbie-mid-ahead-of-the-barbie-release-and-weve-officially-lost-as-a-society

4 hours ago, BastillePark said:

Hearing a Congressman speaking on the floor use the word "colored" when talking about African Americans. 

Is he from Kentucky?  I have some cousins in Kentucky who do the same thing.   :facepalm:

2 hours ago, Apollo was astonished said:

Doesn't the NAACP stand for "National Association for the Advancement of Colored People"?

You answered your own question.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Apollo was astonished said:

Doesn't the NAACP stand for "National Association for the Advancement of Colored People"?

This was from a while ago but the then head of that organization was asked about the name and this is what he said. As with many words "colored" in relation to Blacks is derogatory at best. I suspect you know that but are stirring the pot.

Great question. To be quite honest, there has been some internal wrestling with the name, but one reason it hasn’t been changed is out of respect for history and the founders.

In 1909, when the organization began, “colored” was one of the more respected identifications used by the larger society when compared with all the other grotesque names used to refer to African-Americans.

Another reason however, is that the NAACP was founded as a multi-ethnic organization by whites, blacks, Jews, Christians, male, female, etc. In fact, the majority of the founders were white. The first chair was a white woman. So, in a sense, it was a “colored” organization dedicated to the eradication of racism and legalized racial discrimination and disparity.

Even today, our mission is broad and covers all minorities: “The mission of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is to ensure the political, educational, social and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate racial hatred and racial discrimination.”

15 minutes ago, BastillePark said:

Arizona. The Kentucky of the West.

Wisconsin is often called the Mississippi of the North....:biggrin:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BastillePark said:

This was from a while ago but the then head of that organization was asked about the name and this is what he said. As with many words "colored" in relation to Blacks is derogatory at best. I suspect you know that but are stirring the pot.

Not stirring the pot.   Just pointing out that their racist organization by its very existence (the advancement of one particular race over other races, the very definition of racism) should consider changing their name since it is a no-no to call a black person "colored" in this day and age.  Lead by example...

On 7/14/2023 at 7:23 PM, BastillePark said:

Idaho is the Alabama of the northwest but with way more Mormons (which is why they're so politically backward).

Considering progressivism is mostly about killing, mutilating, and trafficking children these days, along with a healthy dose of MMT to kill the country economically, maybe what we need is more of what bigots like you refer to as being politically backwards.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2023 at 5:45 PM, Principled Man said:

Wisconsin is often called the Mississippi of the North....:biggrin:

I lived in Wisconsin for 20 years and never once heard it called the Mississippi of the North.

1 hour ago, laughedatbytime said:

Considering progressivism is mostly about killing, mutilating, and trafficking children these days, along with a healthy dose of MMT to kill the country economically, maybe what we need is more of what bigots like you refer to as being politically backwards.

I don't know what MMT is. By chance have you watched the new movie "Sound of Freedom"?

1 hour ago, laughedatbytime said:

:rolleyes:  Let's keep riding that hobby horse, we care about life so much...please give it a rest.  The hypocrisy is too much. There are many children that are in need of help but because they live in the wrong zipcodes get ignored but we have to force 10 year olds to give birth. :sad:

• Like 1