Did the Counterparts Messageboard blow up?

chemistry1973

Slandering the band and it's management is also frowned upon in these parts. I'm sure that if I went on one of my Bricking Rants, or started talking about Suckfest 75' (COS), I'd be out on my fracking ass.

You've already said too much aaaannnd you are reported.

You clowns know nothing of our ways. We slander Neil all the time here. Some more, some less, those that complain get bitch slapped. Next is Ray Daniels who also gets some. We don't slander Alex or Geddy...that's cray-cray stupid. BTW Starbuck is a MAN!

Oh yeah!?!? Well Boomer is a man too and they dressed him up as a hot Asian!

Slandering the band and it's management is also frowned upon in these parts. I'm sure that if I went on one of my Bricking Rants, or started talking about Suckfest 75' (COS), I'd be out on my fracking ass.

You clowns know nothing of our ways. We slander Neil all the time here. Some more, some less, those that complain get bitch slapped. Next is Ray Daniels who also gets some. We don't slander Alex or Geddy...that's cray-cray stupid. BTW Starbuck is a MAN!

Look at you Mormons acting all tough while the cool neighbors are over. As soon as we leave it'll be this...

We have a few around here that believe in the Lords of Kobol, they have thick skins and can defend themselves.

We’re a salty bunch ‘round here, like a mouthful of salty nuts. So best you check yo self.

The denizens of CP have plenty of experience with salty nuts in their mouth, I'm sure.

I'm interested in knowing why they named their site after such a shitty album, though.

Salty vs. no salt? Absolutely salty!

Look at you Mormons acting all tough while the cool neighbors are over. As soon as we leave it'll be this...

We have a few around here that believe in the Lords of Kobol, they have thick skins and can defend themselves.

We’re a salty bunch ‘round here, like a mouthful of salty nuts. So best you check yo self.

The denizens of CP have plenty of experience with salty nuts in their mouth, I'm sure.

I'm interested in knowing why they named their site after such a shitty album, though.

Because music is wildly subjective and some folks like Counterparts, or at least some of it. I'll listen to that before I will Caress of Steel.

Not a fan of either album, really, but at least COS has Bastille Day.

hey, you DICKS, we have VISITORS! Stop behaving like the SNOTS you're behaving like, and SHUP!

GNo5Obt.gif

You can always go back with that Counterparts Caravan after the aliens are repelled like bed bugs from a Chicagoland hotel.

No, why don't you go and start up your OWN site, with all your little smart ass friends so you can all be arseholes TOGETHER!

RLpq5D8.gif

Don't worry about him, he comes from a place people can't even be trusted to pump their own gas.

All we have are self serve gas stations in Saline, Welcome to the new Milleniium, chumpo...

Most of the developed world has since the 70s.

Our last full service gas station, was a Standard gas station which is now only there to fix disabled vehicles. Has been for over 20 years now.

While you chumps are pumping gas in all sorts of inclement weather I’m comfortably sitting in my car browsing Facebook.

If I wanted I'd have that option, but I guess that's too much freedom for the citizens of New Jersey.

• Like 1

CP's Facebook page posted about the server issue 1/25, no news since. I'm another former and current member, though I do most of my posting here since I joined when CP blew up in 2013. Each board has its own unique crowd, and for the most part, I'm good with both of them.

I'm neutral on the swear filter issue; some boards I'm on have filters that have generated a new word list to get around the filter that would put the OED to shame. Fook, chit, and bish are particular favorites. :tongue:

• Like 2

hey, you DICKS, we have VISITORS! Stop behaving like the SNOTS you're behaving like, and SHUP!

GNo5Obt.gif

You can always go back with that Counterparts Caravan after the aliens are repelled like bed bugs from a Chicagoland hotel.

No, why don't you go and start up your OWN site, with all your little smart ass friends so you can all be arseholes TOGETHER!

RLpq5D8.gif

Don't worry about him, he comes from a place people can't even be trusted to pump their own gas.

All we have are self serve gas stations in Saline, Welcome to the new Milleniium, chumpo...

Our last full service gas station, was a Standard gas station which is now only there to fix disabled vehicles. Has been for over 20 years now.

While you chumps are pumping gas in all sorts of inclement weather I’m comfortably sitting in my car browsing Facebook.

If I wanted I'd have that option, but I guess that's too much freedom for the citizens of New Jersey.

Oh please, if we had anymore freedom governor Murphy would find a way to tax it.

• Like 1

GNo5Obt.gif

RLpq5D8.gif

While you're sitting in your cramped car, I'm sitting in my livingroom in uncramped domicile watching NCIS and typing on my Comp. and eating breakfast. My car is sitting with a 3/4 full tank of gas, which probably won't need refilling Til MARCH. So OSCULATE MY POSTERIOR!

euJUCvy.jpg

I don't know where I'm posting from at the moment. Ever since I turned it on, I've been phasing in and out of at least 3 different realities.
  • Like 1

I don't know where I'm posting from at the moment. Ever since I turned it on, I've been phasing in and out of at least 3 different realities.

I know what you mean! i'm there also!

4rEQmqU.png

• Like 1

4rEQmqU.png

Yeah, I know. I'm trying to stay off your lawn, ORFromancer. ;)

• Like 1

4rEQmqU.png

Yeah, I know. I'm trying to stay off your lawn, ORFromancer. ;)

I live in an apartment complex, 8 apt. in my building.....lOTS of people use this lawn...Haven't seen any cannabis plants though!

2Gf5agG.jpg

You been at my triple strength catnip again, dude...? ;) :P

• Like 1

Can we start like a Go Fund Me to finance getting their forum back up. Like a welfare program. Then rid ourselves of these pests.

What's the financing model for TRF? Generous members?

• Like 1

They're having server issues. Why would you want a fellow message board about RUSH to go away? Maybe you are 1 of those that can't handle their version of message boarding, allowing all the bad words and stuff. :cheerleader:

The more the better, and CP has too much history to just dismiss them.

Meh, they don’t have me.

EGO much?

0DD52Py.gif

I provide valuable content that you can't get over there.

Yeah... right...

• Like 1

They're having server issues. Why would you want a fellow message board about RUSH to go away? Maybe you are 1 of those that can't handle their version of message boarding, allowing all the bad words and stuff. :cheerleader:

Meh, they don’t have me.

EGO much?

0DD52Py.gif

CP provides a 'less safe' environment that some prefer. Content and knowledge are one thing, and everyone is grateful (or should be) to those who provide it. However, an environment with looser rules is appealing to some. Myself included. I never could color inside the lines. ;)

I got banned there after one warning so I tbh imo wouldn't call it looser.

Been banned from 5 websites including TRF for a week and it isn't fun tbh.

Edited by Permanent-Rush

Can we start like a Go Fund Me to finance getting their forum back up. Like a welfare program. Then rid ourselves of these pests.

https://m.youtube.co...e&v=bM_QDyr5NaM

I embedded this for you because apparently you don't know how to do that. lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=bM_QDyr5NaM&app=desktop

I’ve been on here for over a decade and have embedded hundreds of vids. But for some reason it doesn’t allow me to do it on my phone which is what I usually use for TRF these days

Let me preface this by saying I really don't know a lot about how TRF is run by its admins on a daily basis. Light touch? Heavy handed? Somewhere in-between? Probably a light touch, I'm guessing, with a like-minded, self-policing membership. I also want to say I've mostly been just screwing around in this thread if that's not already obvious,

I don't presume to speak for other CPers. This is all just my opinion.

If TRF wants to be a safe haven from trolls, more power to them. They can run it anyway they see fit. But there's a difference between a permissive posting environment, which CP employs, and simply letting trolls run roughshod over your board.

I can't stand trolls either. But since CP has traditionally promoted free speech it's been sometimes, in the past, a tough call on what's acceptable speech and what's straight up abuse. It can be even tougher when a debate erupts amongst the membership on what actually constitutes trolling when a purported trolling event occurs. Spamming multiple threads, randomly insulting members without cause, making threats, defaming someone's character are all grounds for banning in my book if the behavior takes place on a continual basis. That said. there is a greater permissiveness in our political forum for insults to fly but only a few current members engage each other in this way nowadays and there seems to be an understanding that the insults stay in politics and not spill over into the general threads. So this is not considered trolling on our board. It can even be fun to witness these back-and-forths and you get the sense they're putting on a show for us. They're awfully good at what they do. lol.

CP ain't perfect admittedly and free speech ain't always pretty. Past real trolls have often played the free speech card in an attempt to take advantage of CP's permissiveness. It can be especially difficult on an admin when a clique of formerly upstanding members turns against the board for some imagined slight or no slight at all and starts trolling the board in, what seems to me, a weird hive-mindededness and in an often very take no prisoners way. How long do you let members who were friendly perhaps just the day before continue this kind of behavior before hitting the ban button? It's a tough call. You hope they return to being civil but sometimes they don't. And understand these member-turned-trolls often still have a lot of friends and allies on the board lobbying for them so it can start becoming a very politically divisive thing that can actually lead to years long tension among the remaining members. And to this day there still could be differing opinions on who the actual trolls were during our hostile intra-community outbreaks.

Our Brit-trolls, on the other hand, who cheekily own that title, are not actual trolls. They can be tenacious, suffer-no-fools debaters, are often contrarian, and tend to abhor fanboyism. They will criticize the band's music and the band itself as much as they please, thank you very much. But none of this is what actual trolls do because there's usually a thought-out reason for their criticisms. At one time, I'll admit they weren't everyone's cup o' tea but, dare I say it, they've mellowed quite a bit over the years.

The rest of the membership is not a lot different than you guys, really. CP is a lot smaller now and that's helped us a lot when it comes to us getting along with each other. General assholeishness is way down. :blush: But we still like a bit of edginess, memeyness, and a little bit of just-for-fun ball-busting in our posting style but, hey, I bet this board is no stranger to that stuff either. And while we think it's perfectly fine to criticize Rush and their music, no one should be mindlessly spamming every thread with it. You really are a troll in that case.

But I love that CP has always had a light touch with the ban button and censorship. The freedom we've had over the years has been worth the strife, imo. We're not as young as we used to be so I reckon most of us don't want to involve ourselves in flame wars anyway. Outside the politics forum, we mainly just engage in a lot of cheekiness.

CP still might not be for everyone but I'm hoping this helps to dispel the myth that we're all just jerks.

:rush:

Speak for yourself, c***sucker. :eyeroll:

I did, dummy.

What, just because you used words like "I'm"? Put your hat back on, "we're" tired of looking at your third eye. :finbar:

So much for the olive branch but I guess you're bound to come up against at least one toothless, dumb, mean, squinty-eyed yokal when trying out a new board. :)

Deliverance.png

:LOL:

• Like 1

under-microscope-scary-bug.jpg

That is exactly how I imagine you guys.

• Like 1

Meh, they don’t have me.

EGO much?

0DD52Py.gif

CP provides a 'less safe' environment that some prefer. Content and knowledge are one thing, and everyone is grateful (or should be) to those who provide it. However, an environment with looser rules is appealing to some. Myself included. I never could color inside the lines. ;)

I have a very hard time believing that. Unless you personally attack someone, you can get away with basically anything. If you did personally attack someone, you deserved to be banned.

• Like 1

Meh, they don’t have me.

EGO much?

0DD52Py.gif

I have a very hard time believing that. Unless you personally attack someone, you can get away with basically anything. If you did personally attack someone, you deserved to be banned.

It was because I had access to the "adult" thread.

Oh-oh, better build a wall to keep these displaced souls out.

maxresdefault.jpg

"Who let all of this riff-raff into the room? There's one smoking a joint!"

Oh-oh.

:smoke:

You're starting to mimick POTUS.....that SCARES ME!37uog3w.gif

I was mimicking Roger "fun-and-games" Waters. But you're right: that scares me too! :LOL:

As a Canadian, I don't know what POTUS is. Doesn't it have something to do with pee? :huh:

• Like 1