Did the Counterparts Messageboard blow up?

chemistry1973

They're having server issues. Why would you want a fellow message board about RUSH to go away? Maybe you are 1 of those that can't handle their version of message boarding, allowing all the bad words and stuff. :cheerleader:

The more the better, and CP has too much history to just dismiss them.

• Like 9

They're having server issues. Why would you want a fellow message board about RUSH to go away? Maybe you are 1 of those that can't handle their version of message boarding, allowing all the bad words and stuff. :cheerleader:

Server issues are kinda part of CP's "charm" though this time it's been especially bad - it's been maybe 5 days or more.

Meh, they don’t have me.

• Like 1

As the new guy in our IT department, I pointed out 'hey isn't the flashing orange light on the server a sign of a hardware issue?'. Experienced guy responded...'huh, didn't even see that...good catch.'

Moral of the story...servers with orange flashing lights are bad mmm k?

• Like 1

Meh, they don’t have me.

EGO much?

0DD52Py.gif

• Like 5

Meh, they don’t have me.

EGO much?

0DD52Py.gif

Ah ORF this where you’ve been all this time. Hope you are well.

• Like 2

Roody's revenge?

Dude - what happened over there? Any word?

I hit up FJ about it a few days ago on Facebook. He said the hosting company has been unresponsive to his inquiries, which is unusual because they normally are. But then he went on to say "they just need to bounce the site. I don’t expect it to be a big deal." Not exactly sure what that means, to be honest. He said he has backups and will move the site if necessary but he'd rather not do that. Says he'll continue to wait for their response at least until the end of the week before he does anything radical.

• Like 2

Meh, they don’t have me.

EGO much?

0DD52Py.gif

I provide valuable content that you can't get over there.

• Like 4

Meh, they don’t have me.

EGO much?

0DD52Py.gif

Ah ORF this where you’ve been all this time. Hope you are well.

Yes, This was a place that was MUCH more Inviting when I came here for good in Nov. of 2015. I'd been here off and on for over 10 years, and finally stayed. I am still quite happy with MOST of the Counterparts folks I know....just a few who seemed a bit snotty! I can't remember if you were there, Chem1973. but my memorie is getting worse these days....I noticed GREP is here to! Mithrandir has been here for a long time also, from back in the days he and I were both on The Solar Federation board that Resistor ran...just before we both came to Counterparts when Ken and Julie started it. This is a much better place for my mentality. I've been fine, and I still go back once in a while to see who's still there. Hope you guys are OK there! Seems Joe is having the same problems we did back in the day, huh? Hope it all turns out fine!

NAGAdFC.gif

• Like 3

Meh, they don’t have me.

EGO much?

0DD52Py.gif

Their NOT DEAD because you're not there. They have yet again found a bad server company that obviously can't do their jobs adequately. that's all. I Hope Joe can find a competent company to do so.

RLpq5D8.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

Meh, they don’t have me.

EGO much?

0DD52Py.gif

CP provides a 'less safe' environment that some prefer. Content and knowledge are one thing, and everyone is grateful (or should be) to those who provide it. However, an environment with looser rules is appealing to some. Myself included. I never could color inside the lines. ;)

Edited by grep
  • Like 2

Meh, they don’t have me.

EGO much?

0DD52Py.gif

Their NOT DEAD because you're not there. They have yet again found a bad server company that obviously can't do their jobs adequately. that's all. I Hope Joe can find a competent company to do so.

RLpq5D8.gif

I had a feeling it's a hosting issue ORF. Since FJ has taken the lead on admin duty, the backups and board workings have been great. No more of those kind of software/patch derived stability issues that we'd seen in the past.

Edited by grep

Meh, they don’t have me.

EGO much?

0DD52Py.gif

CP provides a 'less safe' environment that some prefer. Content and knowledge are one thing, and everyone is grateful (or should be) to those who provide it. However, an environment with looser rules is appealing to some. Myself included. I never could color inside the lines. ;)

Interesting...

You guys really need to drop the swear filter. Saying f**k is practically mandatory on the Internet now. I mean even the Pope drops a few F-bombs every time he addresses the College of Bishops.

That's been brought up a number of times over the years that I have been here. They don't seem to want to waiver on censoring certain words. Which really doesn't make any sense to me these days. In the early days of the internet it was more appropriate. But now that everyone has access to everything seeing the word "f**k" written out is far from the worst thing someone can come across while browsing the internet. Kids say worse than that in middle school.

• Like 2

You guys really need to drop the swear filter. Saying f**k is practically mandatory on the Internet now. I mean even the Pope drops a few F-bombs every time he addresses the College of Bishops.

That's been brought up a number of times over the years that I have been here. They don't seem to want to waiver on censoring certain words. Which really doesn't make any sense to me these days. In the early days of the internet it was more appropriate. But now that everyone has access to everything seeing the word "f**k" written out is far from the worst thing someone can come across while browsing the internet. Kids say worse than that in middle school.

Why the f**k does anyone (on either side) care about this? Everyone knows what's being said.
  • Like 3

Yeah!

Time to make some changes around here!

• Like 2