Geddy: 'There Are Zero Plans To Tour Again'

zappafrank

My read is Neil's decision is final and Gedy would like to consider to continue as a working musician somehow. He just has to think whether a Lee/Lifeson Project is a viable thing or go it alone. I think a certain amount of Rush fans would be interested in a solo Lee touring but it would have to be scaled down considerably. Lee/Lifeson I imagine could play 2 500 seaters throughout NA.

Oh and treeduck..who is that angel in your sig?

It's Neil's new girlfriend and the REAL reason that RUSH won't tour again, Peart hasn't got any energy left after wrestling with her all night long...

Whoa, you got a new signature. Who is the skirt?

Strangely it's you before you ate a Snickers...

:(

• Like 1

How are we full of shit though? The band doesn't have it in them to tour much anymore, and they called it quits.

We can talk about anything OTHER than this annoying topic.

He probably doesn't mean as a band, probably just as friends or special events or something. Rush called it quits, there done, it's over, Rush is done, stop this nonsense.

You're full of sh*t when you say you wouldn't see Rush if they toured again.

The rest of it, you didn't read closely......Al and Ged have already said it's likely they'll work on SOMETHING next year. My speculation is that if out of nothing else than a sense of duty, they'll give Neil a chance to be a part of it. If -- or likely WHEN -- he says "no", then they should feel free to do whatever they want. If that included touring and playing Rush songs, I'm saying it would be great by me, and that there are a number of drummers who could easily do the job.

• Like 1

I'm on Team Let Them Retire Already, BUT

I also think that in this sentence: “I would say there’s no chance of seeing Rush on tour again as Alex, Geddy and Neil."

the keywords are on tour.

Which could mean they're open to doing more recording, just not touring. And if Geddy and Alex do decide to tour, they may get someone to fill in for Neil.

Hologram...book it.

Even if they do play together again, I wouldn't care in the slightest.

Besides they should just enjoy retirement, after all they are in there 60's or so now, not much time left.

I'd rather see them in good health then see them live anyways.

Anyone with a set of ears noticed Alex flubbing lines more than usual on the R40 tour and Geddy's already weak voice getting worse.Not metioning Peart's elbow problems. Why 3 years later any fan would not only want them to play live again but expect them to not sound cringe-inducing is beyond me.

Guys, it's over. It's been over. Accept it.

Several reactions to this:

1. You guys saying you wouldn't see them again are full of sh*t.

Not true across the board. I left early on the CA tour and couldn’t be bothered to go to any R40 shows. I was done with Rush before they were done with themselves.

• Like 1

Even if they do play together again, I wouldn't care in the slightest.

Besides they should just enjoy retirement, after all they are in there 60's or so now, not much time left.

I'd rather see them in good health then see them live anyways.

Anyone with a set of ears noticed Alex flubbing lines more than usual on the R40 tour and Geddy's already weak voice getting worse.Not metioning Peart's elbow problems. Why 3 years later any fan would not only want them to play live again but expect them to not sound cringe-inducing is beyond me.

Guys, it's over. It's been over. Accept it.

Several reactions to this:

1. You guys saying you wouldn't see them again are full of sh*t.

Not true across the board. I left early on the CA tour and couldn’t be bothered to go to any R40 shows. I was done with Rush before they were done with themselves.

:eh:

Rolling Stone just published this today.

Could There Be Life for Rush Without Neil Peart?

If Journey can play stadiums without Steve Perry, Rush can certainly carry on without Peart.

A horrible analogy. :boo hiss: :boo hiss:

Journey is a shell of itself, and the infighting is an embarrassment.

• Like 2

If Journey can play stadiums without Steve Perry, Rush can certainly carry on without Peart.

It's actually a great analogy. Ask anyone who the greatest singer in rock is and you'll hear one of two names: Freddie Mercury or Steve Perry. And honestly, more people key in to how the singer sounds than anyone else.

It's actually a great analogy. Ask anyone who the greatest singer in rock is and you'll hear one of two names: Freddie Mercury or Steve Perry. And honestly, more people key in to how the singer sounds than anyone else.

The analogy is horrible because of the bands and their respective egos, how they played together and got along with each other, how they broke up and how they get along today. The two bands couldn't be any more different from each other. Steve Perry's voice is irrelevant.

• Like 1

lol

• Like 1

The analogy is horrible because of the bands and their respective egos, how they played together and got along with each other, how they broke up and how they get along today. The two bands couldn't be any more different from each other. Steve Perry's voice is irrelevant.

Bullsh*t......go read Neil's odious "Middle 8" section of his last book, while thinking back to how he let the Rush organization know he was retiring (via the press via his daughter) and really consider whether your fantasy of "no controversy in the Rush camp" is really that realistic.

If Geddy and Alex decide to keep going, they'll just do the 'best that they can'! :)

Got an itchin' to rock, a hate for small talk

I'm funny that way

Don't like long rests, I must confess

I'm an impatient cat

You can tell me that I got no class

Look around, you'll see who's laughin' last

Don't give me speeches 'cause they're oh so droll

Leave me alone and let me rock and roll

Won’t let good times pass me by

They’re all I’ve got

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLYQBBWoITc

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 2

Anyone with a set of ears noticed Alex flubbing lines more than usual on the R40 tour and Geddy's already weak voice getting worse.

Not this person. I saw them at MSG for R40 and they were in fine form, as always.

So tired of these blanket ":EVERYONE agrees they've lost it" statements. You don't speak for everyone.

• Like 1