Name some songs that should have been hits but weren't

Texas King

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - A Woman In Love (It's Not Me)

It probably would have been a hit had it not been for Stop Draggin' My Heart Around, which came out a week later

I remember the documentary where Mike mentioned that he joked to Stevie that it’s the reason it wasn’t a hit. Odd now since he replaced Buckingham this year.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

My choice: Thin Lizzy - Rosalie

Give your examples.

So you think a cover should have been a hit for them instead of one of their own songs?

You seem to have issues with covers...some of my favourite songs are covers whilst the originals do NOTHING for me

• Like 1

Give your examples.

So you think a cover should have been a hit for them instead of one of their own songs?

Rosalie as a cover is one of Thin Lizzy's signature songs, whilst Bob Seger's original version is far from his signature songs. And Lizzy's version is vastly different than original.

• Like 1

Queen - Staying Power

Actually it probably would've been the death of the band if this had been a real hit, but I love the song so much! Dat synth bass! Doze horn blasts!

Give your examples.

Rosalie as a cover is one of Thin Lizzy's signature songs, whilst Bob Seger's original version is far from his signature songs. And Lizzy's version is vastly different than original.

That's true.

I don't mind when a band covers a lesser known song and makes it their own. I just prefer if a band is known for songs that they actually wrote.

Mandocello, By Cheap Trick, and also Can't Hold On, by Squeeze that Cheap Trick covered for the Budokan concerts and released on "Found All The Parts" EP in 1980. LIVE

Y8qmio0.jpg

0JQwrL0.jpg