There Truly Is One Thing To Learn After Watching The 2018 Grammy Award Show Of Pure SHITE! "ROCK IS TRULY DEAD!"

RUSHHEAD666

Personally I don't give a f**k if Sabaton or Lacuna Coil never ever win a Grammy. They're too good for it anyway.

Rock isn't dead, it's just too good to be mainstream

I LOVE SABATON!

I would say I agree but Mastodon just won and they are amazing.

Mastodon is solid.

I remember buying their first few records. They were label a raw heavy metal Rush sounding band.

Good for them.

Saw them once.

Once is enough.

Let´s hope their next album is a bit better, because the last one was a MastoDON´T for me.

The mainstream music business sickens me these days. All this American Idol, The Voice etc BS!! Some of the greatest singers of all time would never get past round one on these crap shows! Whatever happened to musicians learning to play an instrument?? Every freaking performer at these shows has to surround themselves with a bunch of contorting, writhing loser "dancers". Why?? Because it distracts from the lack of talent! And if no one is actually playing an instrument, and it is all backing tapes, then something has to take up all of that stage space. It is unbelievable. What is that new contest show?? Someone gets picked to record a single and it automatically goes to number one. No one "earns" it anymore. Look pretty, have a good singing voice and the "formula" takes over. The average fan / listener is a sheep.

Look at this crap! These aren’t young “talents” looking for contracts. These are established, well-known, j-pop idols continuing to release singles/albums.

AKB48

Perfume

Just mimicking what the west does as it’s often seen as cool.

I saw part of Perfume’s show at a music festival a few years ago. They lip synced their performance (as they seem to do with all of their tv performances). Unfortunately for them, the third song in the backing tape (with vocals and everything...so I guess that means it’s not ‘backing tape’ as it’s EVERYTHING) f***ed up and they were onstage looking embarassed. That sucks and they suck!

I just bought the new Eric Johnson album! "Collage!" AMAZING!!!

I will be anyone of you 10 million dollars Eric Johnson will never win a Grammy.

I bet you 10 million dollars Eric Johnson has already won a Grammy!

Come on bet me!

:blaze:

Damn you JB! Good job!

You called my bluff.

Of course he won a Grammy for "Best Rock Instrumental." "Cliffs Of Dover."

I saw that tour.

Blew my fukking mind.

I did too. And then I went to a Blues Fest in Dallas that (if I can recall) had Collin James, Buddy Guy, Eric Johnson, B.B. King and the Allman Brothers. I was wondering why the Allman Brothers were the headline. Five minutes into their set, I knew. One of the top five bands I've ever seen.

Oh great, another Fraroc thread...

So now you're saying I'm now Yosemite Sam on crystal meth?

Holy Diver, I mean Holy Shit!

I can't believe you just wrote that.

I think that goes way back on here.

"Yosemite Sam on crystal meth."

That is epic.

Who coined that term?

Johnny Blaze?

Nope, not mine.

I’d say you’re more like a spastic Tasmanian Devil on steroids.

The mainstream music business sickens me these days. All this American Idol, The Voice etc BS!! Some of the greatest singers of all time would never get past round one on these crap shows! Whatever happened to musicians learning to play an instrument?? Every freaking performer at these shows has to surround themselves with a bunch of contorting, writhing loser "dancers". Why?? Because it distracts from the lack of talent! And if no one is actually playing an instrument, and it is all backing tapes, then something has to take up all of that stage space. It is unbelievable. What is that new contest show?? Someone gets picked to record a single and it automatically goes to number one. No one "earns" it anymore. Look pretty, have a good singing voice and the "formula" takes over. The average fan / listener is a sheep.

Look at this crap! These aren’t young “talents” looking for contracts. These are established, well-known, j-pop idols continuing to release singles/albums.

AKB48

Perfume

I saw part of Perfume’s show at a music festival a few years ago. They lip synced their performance (as they seem to do with all of their tv performances). Unfortunately for them, the third song in the backing tape (with vocals and everything...so I guess that means it’s not ‘backing tape’ as it’s EVERYTHING) f***ed up and they were onstage looking embarassed. That sucks and they suck!

How can you criticize performers who go out onstage and actually do something when you are entertained and support some of the crappiest capeshit movies ??

Honestly JB, you are way too emotionally invested with these chicks who just are entertainers, and never claim to be anything but ..

Is it high art ?? No ... it's camp, and it's fun and I would think that someone who likes comic books and still wears superhero tshirts would at least understand that ..

And AKB performs live at the concerts ..... Like most musical acts, TV is a different story

This is not canned, and Marty's guitar is live

jesus Christ, give it a break ... You sound like someone from the Westboro Baptist Church sometimes

Edited by Lucas

AKB48

Perfume

How can you criticize performers who go out onstage and actually do something when you are entertained and support some of the crappiest capeshit movies ??

Honestly JB, you are way too emotionally invested with these chicks who just are entertainers, and never claim to be anything but ..

Is it high art ?? No ... it's camp, and it's fun and I would think that someone who likes comic books and still wears superhero tshirts would at least understand that ..

And AKB performs live at the concerts ..... Like most musical acts, TV is a different story

This is not canned, and Marty's guitar is live

jesus Christ, give it a break ... You sound like someone from the Westboro Baptist Church sometimes

Westboro Baptist Church? Get the hell out of here.

Why does it piss you off that much that I think it’s shit?

I’m not talking about the entertainment itself. I never was. I’m talking about the music behind it.

Also, as I told you before too, the popularity of j-pop IDOL music out here is misleading. Most people don’t actually think of it as music. Most j-high schoolers and junior high kids out here that I’ve spoken to (and that’s hundreds) over the years here don’t think of these groups as anything other than background sound or mood. Distraction.

Once after asking one 15 year old junior high student of mine what she thought of j-pop idol music, her reply was, “Is it music?”

I think j-pop idol music is canned shit. So what? This isn’t a minority thought. And even if it was, so what?

Sounds like you’re emotionally invested yourself.

Personally I don't give a f**k if Sabaton or Lacuna Coil never ever win a Grammy. They're too good for it anyway.

I LOVE SABATON!

Mastodon is solid.

I remember buying their first few records. They were label a raw heavy metal Rush sounding band.

Good for them.

Saw them once.

Once is enough.

Let´s hope their next album is a bit better, because the last one was a MastoDON´T for me.

In my opinion, the bands worst album but it was so bland everyone loved it. I will say I respect modern, post-CTS Mastodon, but I will always miss the fire of the early years.

I guess I can now truly understand how Rush fans must have felt when they went synth after years of explosive hard rock and prog.

Bit of an extreme comparison there, Lucas. :LOL: You guys should get naked and hug it out.

That wouldn't be the first time

JB knows me well enough to know that this is all to be taken with a grain of salt

Anyways, I could give a frog's fat ass who likes what and who doesn't like it and the high brow relevance of any of this ..

There was some article in a Japanese newspaper about the suggestion of AKB48 performing at the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo, and the uproar that the idea caused ... The outcry was that AKB would be an embarrassment to not only the country but the entire Olympic tradition ..

And that made me love them even more ..

Going all the way back to The Ronettes I've always loved girl vocal groups ... I really don't need to make it any more important than it is, chicks just have a certain energy and power when they all get to doing something in unison

To each their own, but I'm good with the fact that I'm on the side of enjoying something as opposed to the alternative ...

In fact, I know exactly what the guy in the blue vest is feeling

Kendrick losing album of the year and record of the year to Bruno is embarrassing. Like, Bruno's songs were good, and I heard good things about the album, but Kendrick was obviously the biggest thing anywhere in music this past year. Critically acclaimed, publicly adored, played everywhere, four huge hits in one album, not even all of them being the best songs on the album. The man deserved it way more than Bruno. But the Grammys suck so they never pick the right people. Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

Oh yeah and the fact that they don't care about rock anymore enough to find the good stuff is more reflective of just modern music mass culture in general, but also that's a dumb excuse because they aught to be holding music up to its highest standards as an awards show and they just don't understand that they're even supposed to do that so yeah they suck and the need to reevaluate how they look at rock music anymore.

I believe it was the great philosopher flavor flav who said

Who gives a f**k about a m***********ing grammy....

Just like....

"WHO GIVES A FUKKK ABOUT THE MUTHAFUKKKING ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME!"

Even though RUSH is finally in.

"Sin After Sin"

Amen to the Priest

I LOVE SABATON!

SABATONOFSHITE

I find it fascinating that all those celebs took time away from their rape culture to actually hold an awards show.

Sorry 67!

I wanted to respond the morning you wrote this. My eyes were still blurry. I actually thought your wrote "rap culture" instead of "rape culture."

I know you don't post much here but man you wrote a hit man.

BRAVO!

Bit of an extreme comparison there, Lucas. :LOL: You guys should get naked and hug it out.

JB knows me well enough to know that this is all to be taken with a grain of salt

Anyways, I could give a frog's fat ass who likes what and who doesn't like it and the high brow relevance of any of this ..

There was some article in a Japanese newspaper about the suggestion of AKB48 performing at the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo, and the uproar that the idea caused ... The outcry was that AKB would be an embarrassment to not only the country but the entire Olympic tradition ..

Going all the way back to The Ronettes I've always loved girl vocal groups ... I really don't need to make it any more important than it is, chicks just have a certain energy and power when they all get to doing something in unison

To each their own, but I'm good with the fact that I'm on the side of enjoying something as opposed to the alternative ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3Ds4uRSr6M

From your many posts on this board I concluded that you're a huge Japanophile. Am I right?

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3Ds4uRSr6M

From your many posts on this board I concluded that you're a huge Japanophile. Am I right?

Although though that vid is Korean...