There Truly Is One Thing To Learn After Watching The 2018 Grammy Award Show Of Pure SHITE! "ROCK IS TRULY DEAD!"

RUSHHEAD666

jesus Christ, give it a break ... You sound like someone from the Westboro Baptist Church sometimes

Bit of an extreme comparison there, Lucas. :LOL: You guys should get naked and hug it out.

That wouldn't be the first time

JB knows me well enough to know that this is all to be taken with a grain of salt

Anyways, I could give a frog's fat ass who likes what and who doesn't like it and the high brow relevance of any of this ..

There was some article in a Japanese newspaper about the suggestion of AKB48 performing at the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo, and the uproar that the idea caused ... The outcry was that AKB would be an embarrassment to not only the country but the entire Olympic tradition ..

And that made me love them even more ..

Going all the way back to The Ronettes I've always loved girl vocal groups ... I really don't need to make it any more important than it is, chicks just have a certain energy and power when they all get to doing something in unison

To each their own, but I'm good with the fact that I'm on the side of enjoying something as opposed to the alternative ...

In fact, I know exactly what the guy in the blue vest is feeling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3Ds4uRSr6M

From your many posts on this board I concluded that you're a huge Japanophile. Am I right?

Although though that vid is Korean...

North?

I prefer Peter North.

His missile could blow up that piece of shit "Rocket Man."

Signed,

Elton John

jesus Christ, give it a break ... You sound like someone from the Westboro Baptist Church sometimes

Bit of an extreme comparison there, Lucas. :LOL: You guys should get naked and hug it out.

JB knows me well enough to know that this is all to be taken with a grain of salt

Anyways, I could give a frog's fat ass who likes what and who doesn't like it and the high brow relevance of any of this ..

There was some article in a Japanese newspaper about the suggestion of AKB48 performing at the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo, and the uproar that the idea caused ... The outcry was that AKB would be an embarrassment to not only the country but the entire Olympic tradition ..

Going all the way back to The Ronettes I've always loved girl vocal groups ... I really don't need to make it any more important than it is, chicks just have a certain energy and power when they all get to doing something in unison

To each their own, but I'm good with the fact that I'm on the side of enjoying something as opposed to the alternative ...

From your many posts on this board I concluded that you're a huge Japanophile. Am I right?

Going back to Meiko Kaji and Hako Yamasaki all the way up to AKB48, yes ... I also really like some Kpop performers too - Sistar, Kara, 4Minute ..

The girl group has always had a place in my heart ... The Ronettes, The Pearls, Shirelles, etc

I hear a plaintive, sad tone though out a lot of the songs from the Japanese females ... There is also that quality in the horror films ( a totally different topic ), but it is something that appeals to me in a way that a lot of Western music doesn't ..

An exception to that is The Carpenters, as no matter what the song subject, Karen Carpenter seemed to have a added dimension to her delivery ..

The songwriting for AKB can be flawless, and in many cases the influence from the 60s and 70s is obvious

The composition and arrangement here is pretty incredible for a modern pop song ..

Edited by Lucas

I believe it was the great philosopher flavor flav who said

Who gives a f**k about a m***********ing grammy....

:yes:

But the full quote is:

“Who gives a f**k about a m***********ing grammy! Yeah, boyeee!!!”

http://cdn22.funscrape.com/Images/6/6902867287215710.jpg
  • Like 1

Personally I don't give a f**k if Sabaton or Lacuna Coil never ever win a Grammy. They're too good for it anyway.

Rock isn't dead, it's just too good to be mainstream

I LOVE SABATON!

I would say I agree but Mastodon just won and they are amazing.

SABATONOFSHITE

I'm surprised you don't like their over the top metal cheesiness and their insanely catchy songs. Then again, they did have the unmitigated gall to form as a band and release albums after 1990. So I can see why you wouldn't like them ;)

Personally I don't give a f**k if Sabaton or Lacuna Coil never ever win a Grammy. They're too good for it anyway.

I LOVE SABATON!

SABATONOFSHITE

I'm surprised you don't like their over the top metal cheesiness and their insanely catchy songs. Then again, they did have the unmitigated gall to form as a band and release albums after 1990. So I can see why you wouldn't like them ;)

They are so bad. I would rather listen to LORDI. Pure CHEESE.

Although you would be impressed J21. I just bought my ROSS THE BOSS ticket. MANOWAR guitarist hitting the road.

I love MANOWAR!

Sabaton is like The Village People on HGH cross dressed with well Manowar.

"Primo Victoria" is an excellent video. Very ACCEPT but where the fukk is the guitar solo? NO BUENO!

I LOVE SABATON!

SABATONOFSHITE

LMAO could not have said it better myself!

I'm finished with watching award shows. If I don't know who anyone is or care to know - no point :codger:
  • Like 1

Rock And Roll will be dead in North America in ten years.

A given.

At least Japan will still reissue all the good shit on cd when America just depends on compressed shite downloads.

When Apple Music and all that iTune shite crashes one year. I will still have my useless cds and something called a five cd disc changer.

Thank God for Yamaha.

Grammys died for me when Celine Dion won album of the year over Odelay, Mellon Collie and The Score. Today’s “rock” is wimpy Disney pop with pro tool bands like Maroon 5 and One Republic. Rock ain’t supposed to be safe and for soccer moms. Doesn’t matter if it’s hard or folk. Classic folk rock had grit compared to crap like Sheeran and Bon Iver.

Although though that vid is Korean...

I had to watch that with the sound off. Did I miss anythjng?

Grammys died for me when Celine Dion won album of the year over Odelay, Mellon Collie and The Score. Today’s “rock” is wimpy Disney pop with pro tool bands like Maroon 5 and One Republic. Rock ain’t supposed to be safe and for soccer moms. Doesn’t matter if it’s hard or folk. Classic folk rock had grit compared to crap like Sheeran and Bon Iver.

Ed Sheeran is not rock and every generation has had superstar blandness leading the mainstream. Nothing new.

Even the seventies had some god awful pop music that I think is a lot worse than a lot of modern music (Gary Glitter comes to mind).

I think the genres that most of us grew up with and loved are truly dying a slow death.

I was so excited to see STYX, JOAN JETT and TESLA last night, yet at the end of the night I wasn't digging it. I was bored for the first time seeing STYX, granted I see them once a year and the set was very much the same.

The compact disc is dying too. Yet vinyls are surging. That's a good thing.

I have no idea what I'm going to do in ten years from now.

Maybe I will take up underwater basket weaving.

Become a sailor.

Lick stamps for a living.

Chase butterflies.

Search for that last bit of sunshine in my stomach.

Become a monk.

Move to Maui.

Swim with the fishes..........