Brian May or Eddie Van Halen?

Texas King

Brian May or Eddie Van Halen?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Brian May or Eddie Van Halen?

Obviously, I love both. But Brian is much more of an influence on my personal style Edited by Your_Lion
  • Like 2

Dr. Brian May is the best freaking guitarist ever! He is the god on guitar! He beat every other guitar players, Van Halen, Jimi Hendrix, Lita Ford, Tony Iommi, Jimmy Page and yes, even Alex Lifeson! And anyone else you can think of!

So hail the god Dr. Brian May!

Now this shit he does with Queen + Adam Lambert, that is another question....

Edited by YYZumbi

But if you guys want a bit of both, then listen to the album called Star Fleet Project. Its a jam EP album made by Brian May AND Van Halen. At first it was not meant to be released, but Roger Taylor and some other people convinced Brian to release it, and it is probably my favorite Brian May solo album!

You can hear on one of the songs that Van Halen break a string but he continues to play.

This album only exist on vinyl record tho (at least if you want a official release), never been released on CD!

Dr. Brian May is the best freaking guitarist ever! He is the god on guitar! He beat every other guitar players, Van Halen, Jimi Hendrix, Lita Ford, Tony Iommi, Jimmy Page and yes, even Alex Lifeson! And anyone else you can think of!

So hail the god Dr. Brian May!

Now this shit he does with Queen + Adam Lambert, that is another question....

I respect your opinion, but I feel sorry that you can't enjoy Q+AL. They're brilliant and that concert will always be one of my most cherished memories.

Not close. May is a fine guitarist but he's not in my personal top 50. EVH is the greatest rock guitarist ever.

I really do agree with you. He was born to play that guitar.

The first 6 VH albums really illustrate how versatile he was. Compare Secrets with Unchained with Women in Love.

Not close. May is a fine guitarist but he's not in my personal top 50. EVH is the greatest rock guitarist ever.

I really do agree with you. He was born to play that guitar.

I know a lot of them who were born to play very powerful guitars. Eddie is not the only one.

EVH is the greatest rock guitarist ever.

I can't agree. What exactly makes him the greatest ever?

What makes him greater than Ritchie Blackmore, Jimmy Page or Stevie Ray Vaughan?

Well, I prefer him to all of them. But if you're looking for something "objective," in a sense of course, he basically inspired an entire decade of guitarists to copy him.

What makes him greater than Ritchie Blackmore, Jimmy Page or Stevie Ray Vaughan?

Well, I prefer him to all of them. But if you're looking for something "objective," in a sense of course, he basically inspired an entire decade of guitarists to copy him.

guys are still influenced and copying hendrix multiple decades after his death. can't top jimi.

guys are still influenced and copying hendrix multiple decades after his death. can't top jimi.

I see what you did there. :LOL:

Jimi and Eddie are really the two guys that completely turned electric guitar on its head.

Edited by goose

I agree they’re very different. Brian is more into artistic expressions on the guitar while Eddie is more into explosions and special effects. I don’t have a preference between these two. I love them both.

Jimi and Eddie are really the two guys that completely turned electric guitar on its head.

I remember when Van Halen released their debut album. Everything regarding rock guitar changed.

I remember when Van Halen released their debut album. Everything regarding rock guitar changed.

:yes:

I remember when Queen released "Hot Space."

Killed the Queen.

Hot Space is Queen's most underrated record, followed closely by The Miracle and Made In Heaven.

"Life Is Real (Song For Lennon)" is one of my absolute favorite Queen deep cuts.

I remember when Queen released "Hot Space."

Killed the Queen.

Hot Space is Queen's most underrated record, followed closely by The Miracle and Made In Heaven.

"Life Is Real (Song For Lennon)" is one of my absolute favorite Queen deep cuts.

Hot Space makes other albums look like limp lettuce and sound like gnats farts, such is it's imperious majesty.

• Like 1

Top Jimi does indeed swing. :)

• Like 2

Top Jimi does indeed swing. :)

He's the king. ;)

• Like 2