Lorraine

Everything I say is a lie

except that

and that

and that

and that

Edited by Your_Lion
  • Like 5

When I was a kid and well into teenagerhood, I was a good liar and quite prolific. I could come up with an excuse or story on the fly and thought it was no big deal. As an adult, I have serious regrets about that. I understand it's distant history, but that doesn't mean it's forgotten.

As for liars I know personally, luckily none spring to mind, except people that are just acquaintances. No friends that I'm aware of. Then again, they might be good liars...

The biggest liar whom I know personally is a former co-worker named George. He was/is one of the most well-liked guys - on duty and off duty.

The trouble is that he is the biggest bullshitter I know. His routine is to frequently give over-the-top compliments and praise - all with the classic patronizing, paternalistic tone. Almost every single day, he has to tell you how you're the "most valuable player" or that "you should be paid more", and that you're "the best I've ever seen".......yada yada yada.....

You can't have a normal adult conversation with the guy. He has to keep up the BS....as if you're some insecure child, who needs to have his self-esteem fluffed up every day. :facepalm:

• Like 2

I had a friend throughout my teens and early 20's who was a compulsive liar. Just made shit up constantly. About where he went to school, where he worked, etc..pretty much lied every day to some degree. I haven't seen him in almost 30 years.
  • Like 2

There's nothing wrong with lying then since "everyone" does it?

And you don't mind being lied to?

Do you trust anyone in your life?

I don't think anyone said they were OK with it just because everyone does it.

Whether or not I'm bothered by the lie depends on who tells it and how big the lie is.

Sure, there's people I trust but complete strangers I'm cautious of.

• Like 4

doesn't mean we're all OK with it.

and people you trust can lie......they're not immune just cause i might trust them.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Have you never lied? I'm assuming the answer is you have lied. Can you still be trusted? I'll assume the answer is yes so what's the difference between the us that lie and can't be trusted and the us that lie and can be trusted?

Do you know any?

I'm always amazed at their amazement that they aren't trusted. :facepalm: :unsure: :huh: :LOL:

The friend that lived next door throughout my adolescence was a MONDO liar, but it was so obvious, I can't believe he didn't know all his friends knew it! LOL

:banana:

Do you know any?

I'm always amazed at their amazement that they aren't trusted. :facepalm: :unsure: :huh: :LOL:

The friend that lived next door throughout my adolescence was a MONDO liar, but it was so obvious, I can't believe he didn't know all his friends knew it! LOL

I work with a guy that has the most absurd stories that he seems to believe are true that aren't. One he likes to tell is the time he came outside from a bar and found Ted nugent sitting inside his jeep. Ted loved his jeep and wanted to buy it. Mark told Ted to get out of his jeep or he was going to get his ass kicked. Ted begged him to sell him his jeep but mark said now way. Pointless and bullshit.

• Like 2

Do you know any?

I work with a guy that has the most absurd stories that he seems to believe are true that aren't. One he likes to tell is the time he came outside from a bar and found Ted nugent sitting inside his jeep. Ted loved his jeep and wanted to buy it. Mark told Ted to get out of his jeep or he was going to get his ass kicked. Ted begged him to sell him his jeep but mark said now way. Pointless and bullshit.

This type of tale was not as blatantly assinine as my friend told, he just told stories that could be true, but his delivery sucked. He was easily readable! :16ton: