Happy Anniversary Feedback

Permanent-Rush

I thought they did good by Seven and Seven Is. A hidden gem. Summertime Blues and Seeker are cool. Beyond those three I never listen to the rest. And is it technically an album? I always call it an EP.
  • Like 2

I thought they did good by Seven and Seven Is. A hidden gem. Summertime Blues and Seeker are cool. Beyond those three I never listen to the rest. And is it technically an album? I always call it an EP.

It's 13 minutes less but has one more song than Moving Pictures. It's a mere 10 minutes less than Fly By Night. However that helps to define it

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

I've been listening to it a lot lately, and it's aged well to my ears. It's a great sounding album, and Alex kills it throughout.
  • Like 3

I actually like Feedback more than a couple of their official albums. Nice to hear the boys kick back and just jam without layers of overdubs and overthought lyrics. "The Seeker" kicked ass on R30 tour.
  • Like 3

I actually like Feedback more than a couple of their official albums. Nice to hear the boys kick back and just jam without layers of overdubs and overthought lyrics. "The Seeker" kicked ass on R30 tour.

Agreed on all accounts.

Interesting perspectives; thanks to all for sharing. While I've never particularly sought these tunes out for listening, I've always appreciated the effort. I mean, these were the songs that they allegedly loved as young musicians. Here's some of the chord progressions that helped form their musical synapses. And then, on the EP, here's how they interpreted those songs, many years later. That's damn cool. Even if the songs don't grab you, the sentiment should.

Plus, the Who totally kicks ass, the Ox (and Geddy) inspired my brother, He Plays Bass, to pick up a bass, and my brother totally rocks on stage, so The Seeker rocks (<--purely emotional sentiment fed by Glenmorangie; ignore at your leisure).

• Like 2

"Feedback" is an absolutely disaster.

"Vapor Trails 2.0"

Those sterile soulless covers ruined R30 for me.

At least I was able to time my urination with the false fantasy of Rush cover fascination................

What an abomination for RUSH NATION.

I loved Feedback and i saw it as the guys stepping back ,bashing out a few of their old faves,just like Metallica did with Garage Days.NOTHING ABSOLUTELY WRONG with bashing out The Who,Blue Cheer,Love,Springfield,etc.I consider their take on Crossroads a masterpiece.Alex rips.It's just a bitof serious fun.Any band getting together try and find some common ground and get on down with something like Crossroads or (more often)Johnny B. Goode.We all know Rush can do their high brow stuff but it was a great little stop gap.
  • Like 4

I loved Feedback and i saw it as the guys stepping back ,bashing out a few of their old faves,just like Metallica did with Garage Days.NOTHING ABSOLUTELY WRONG with bashing out The Who,Blue Cheer,Love,Springfield,etc.I consider their take on Crossroads a masterpiece.Alex rips.It's just a bitof serious fun.Any band getting together try and find some common ground and get on down with something like Crossroads or (more often)Johnny B. Goode.We all know Rush can do their high brow stuff but it was a great little stop gap.

I get it and I respect your opinion. I love the songs the boys chose. It just fell flat for me.

Great post.