Pair or Team Up TRF Members

Lorraine

Brucey and me.

Few realise it's actually a hilarious double act

Shhhhhhh

I don't see it, but if the two of you say so...

Despite me coming across as a retarded, autistic misanthrope on here, me and him are fam, totes.

I had to look up the word "totes" in urban dictionary.

The second sentence made me laugh:

"The word is most commonly used by..."

http://www.urbandict....php?term=Totes

:16ton:

Ah well there you go then, I'm a girl, not a man. You better start referring to me as "they".

We are they and we do so with strong male tendencies because actually our biology dictates we are hes...

STILL can't believe your fanny was the target of a ninja tiger.

That goodness the gay frog was there to save the day!

I don't know WTF most of that means so I'm "liking" it just in case! :LOL:

• Like 1

Brucey and me.

Shhhhhhh

Despite me coming across as a retarded, autistic misanthrope on here, me and him are fam, totes.

You can be very biting, but you don't don't across as a retard. Babe.

• Like 1

J2112YYZ, treeduck, Earl and I will join forces and create another Google feature, the Google Metal. Log in to have your mind blown, your face melted and your ears exploded!!!!
  • Like 1

Each morning I get up, I die a little

Can barely stand on my feet

Take in the look in the mirror and cry,

"Lord, what you're doing to me!"

I spent all my years in believing you

But I just can't get no relief, Lord!

Somebody, somebody

Can anybody find me somebody to love?

Edited by Disk98
  • Like 1

Earl, Toymaker and Eagle can form a band - Earl on the drums - Toymaker on lead guitar -Eagle on bass.

My nickname would soon become "Weakest Link" just before they fired my ass.

• Like 1

Brucey and me.

Shhhhhhh

Never thought I'd get called "Babe" by Lorraine. I am....honoured, I think? :eh:

Brucey and me.

Shhhhhhh

Never thought I'd get called "Babe" by Lorraine. I am....honoured, I think? :eh:

Protect fanny and don't be distracted by flattery.

I'm not sure we want to be using the R word guys. Just saying.

Are you serious or joking?

Look at the "likes".

That word is unacceptable.

I'm stunned. Maybe I live a sheltered life, but this is the first I've ever heard of anyone being offended by that word. Hard to keep up on all of the words that give offense these days.

Look at the "likes".

I'm stunned. Maybe I live a sheltered life, but this is the first I've ever heard of anyone being offended by that word. Hard to keep up on all of the words that give offense these days.

In the UK "retard" and "spastic" are used a lot as bully terms and are particularly cruel.

I didn't know until I was about 14 that spastic is meant to be a correct term. It was always used as an insult and it's pretty offensive in this country.

Look at the "likes".

I'm not personally offended it's just not an appropriate word to use. To me it's of a similar ilk to the N Word.

Look at the "likes".

I'm not personally offended it's just not an appropriate word to use. To me it's of a similar ilk to the N Word.

Right.

At least as far back as '96 when I first started working in mental health, the R word wasn't used. "Developmentally disabled" or "mentally impaired" were generally preferred. From '96-2001 when I did those jobs I absolutely NEVER heard any mental health pro use the R word in any capacity whatsoever. It was not in any document or client records/files either.

I don't know what's used in the field anymore as I'm not in it.

Look at the "likes".

Tony is a leftie PC maniac. He's desperate to become famous enough to earn the full title of leftie luvvie.

Let me get this straight, and I'm not trying to be a wise-ass.

Brucey using "retarded" is fine.

Me using "retard" in response to something he wrote isn't.

Is that correct?

I'm saying it as a matter of fact that the word was never used in mental health/special ed circles.

At most, the acronym "MRDD" was used but the word itself was never uttered or written.

Neither word "is fine" IMHO but, like Tony, I'm not personally offended by it. I probably should be though.

Is that correct?

I think Tony R was referring to Brucey and acknowledging a perceived agreement his use of the word was off.

• Like 1

Look at the "likes".

Right.

At least as far back as '96 when I first started working in mental health, the R word wasn't used. "Developmentally disabled" or "mentally impaired" were generally preferred. From '96-2001 when I did those jobs I absolutely NEVER heard any mental health pro use the R word in any capacity whatsoever. It was not in any document or client records/files either.

I don't know what's used in the field anymore as I'm not in it.

I'm not in mental health but I know that in local schools they have coordination with this national organization to "stop using the R-word" and have a day to promote stopping use of the R word. http://www.r-word.or...word.aspx

I found promotion by the school somewhat ironic just because of all the over 100 teachers my kids had there was only one I didn't like, even before this incident. And really didn't like afterward. She got very frustrated with her 8th grade math class one afternoon and yelled "You are all a bunch of stupid retards!" at them. My daughter didn't tell me until the end of the year (probably with good reason!)

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

Oh Brucey look what you started...

No amount of gay frogs will be able to save you from this situation.

I was corrected a couple of years ago here at TRF when I used retarded to describe myself. I refuse to fully remove it on principle but it's on the naughty list.

Is that correct?

No. I used the plural "guys"