If Geddy and Neil want to carry on....

ragz06

No.

Rush is Geddy, Alex and Neil. If you replace any of them, it is not Rush.

Geddy's voice is done anyway, so they would be smart to let it end this way.

Done voice or not...as if you wouldn't buy a new Rush album with Geddy, Alex, and drummer (x). And as if you wouldn't go to a new Rush gig either.

No.

RUSH is whatever Geddy and Alex say it is. The miserable prick drummer is nothing more than a business partner now. Get a new drummer, tour as Rush, pay the old bastard his third share to sit on his ass, and move on. Or buy him out.

• Like 1

No.

RUSH is whatever Geddy and Alex say it is. The miserable prick drummer is nothing more than a business partner now. Get a new drummer, tour as Rush, pay the old bastard his third share to sit on his ass, and move on. Or buy him out.

I can't believe I read that. He's not that old actually. :P

• Like 1

No.

Sorry. After reading part of one his books (all I could stomach) I've always thought he was a pretentious dickhead.

I'm not interested in ANY member of RUSH doing anything if it is not good. Neil decided it was time to retire . I can accept that. Alex and Geddy want to continue to create music and tour in some manner then they have several options. It will be interesting to see what they finally decide as their first project.

Bring in Carl Palmer, he has nothing to do, All of his former bandmates are Dead. (To Soon?) yeah probably.

Nothing to do except tour with his own band and Asia.....

Edited by ytserush

Bring in Carl Palmer, he has nothing to do, All of his former bandmates are Dead. (To Soon?) yeah probably.

And he is notoriously difficult to get along with.

No.

Can't say I disagree with EH

And if Neil isn't to be considered old, his act sure is .. I sure as hell have no interest in hearing / seeing any musician who has to be coaxed into performing or creating ..

I look at great music like a conversation - not just between band members, but between the band and the fans ..

The genius of any musician is worthless if not for the impact it has on the people experiencing it .. Music is a form of communication , a bond, and a linking of people though the performances ..

It would be a joy hearing Rush again, and at this point, preferably with a drummer who is actually into it

Dude, ASIA is done. When the tour with Journey is over theyre most Likely Through. Geoff Downes will leave to go perform with YES.

No.

You don't have to be old to be an old bastard.

• Like 1

Dude, ASIA is done. When the tour with Journey is over theyre most Likely Through. Geoff Downes will leave to go perform with YES.

Urrrghhh. And then hopefully THAT band will be done.

No.

You don't have to be old to be an old bastard.

That's true. Look at us! :P

No.

And if Neil isn't to be considered old, his act sure is .. I sure as hell have no interest in hearing / seeing any musician who has to be coaxed into performing or creating ..

I look at great music like a conversation - not just between band members, but between the band and the fans ..

The genius of any musician is worthless if not for the impact it has on the people experiencing it .. Music is a form of communication , a bond, and a linking of people though the performances ..

It would be a joy hearing Rush again, and at this point, preferably with a drummer who is actually into it

Yeah I don't care what some say about Neil. If I did I wouldn't have made a joke.

And you've probably read already that I'm not bothered by the idea of Geddy & Alex getting a new drummer and still calling it Rush. I don't think it'll happen BUT the idea doesn't bother me.

Besides, as I've said before, I think it's MORE nuts that many TRFers don't think Geddy/Alex/John was Rush. Of course it was. It's ALL been Rush. And it still CAN be if they let it. Even without Peart. Is that blasphemy? Wouldn't be my first time. ;)

• Like 2

No.

Sorry. After reading part of one his books (all I could stomach) I've always thought he was a pretentious dickhead.

None of what you said bothers me.

I read his first 4 books...well, 3.5 books. The first two I liked. The third I plodded through to finish. The fourth I couldn't finish. I was just bored. I can see why some like reading his books as they provide a little bit of inside scoop to Rush and Neil. But I also see what you're saying too.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

No.

Yeah I don't care what some say about Neil. If I did I wouldn't have made a joke.

And you've probably read already that I'm not bothered by the idea of Geddy & Alex getting a new drummer and still calling it Rush. I don't think it'll happen BUT the idea doesn't bother me.

Besides, as I've said before, I think it's MORE nuts that many TRFers don't think Geddy/Alex/John was Rush. Of course it was. It's ALL been Rush. And it still CAN be if they let it. Even without Peart. Is that blasphemy? Wouldn't be my first time. ;)

BLASPHEMY !!!

http://edtech.mcc.edu/~spainter/comw100/finalproject/images/John/John%20Rutsey.jpg

• Like 1

No.

BLASPHEMY !!!

http://edtech.mcc.edu/~spainter/comw100/finalproject/images/John/John%20Rutsey.jpg

Rush is better with Neil no doubt in my mind.

However, the Rutsey years weren't "proto-Rush" or whatever else has been written on TRF in regards to that time. Whether or not the debut is the worst or best or whatever is the debatable part. But it's not like Working Man was written and performed by a band that wasn't Rush.

I think I'm preaching to the choir with this post. :)

• Like 1

No.

BLASPHEMY !!!

Rush is better with Neil no doubt in my mind.

However, the Rutsey years weren't "proto-Rush" or whatever else has been written on TRF in regards to that time. Whether or not the debut is the worst or best or whatever is the debatable part. But it's not like Working Man was written and performed by a band that wasn't Rush.

I think I'm preaching to the choir with this post. :)

Neil has had his time and obviously has nothing more to say musically. I'm all for them playing with other musicians. I would love to hear it. They've played together so long that it would be nice to hear them doing something a little different.

• Like 2

All there really is

The two of us

And we both know why we've come along

Nothing to explain

It's a part of us

To be found within a song

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Rush+Honored+Hollywood+Walk+Fame+TA9ebxVd7T0l.jpg

• Like 1

I assume everyone in favor of this thinks that the debut is one of the band's best albums? Or thinks that the lyrics to the songs aren't as important as the music? Or that Geddy sounds as good as he did 15 years ago?

They're not young men. They're hanging it up. There are lots of albums and boots you can still listen to.

• Like 2

No.

I very much agree. Why would GedAl want to waste time trying to coax that pseudo-intellectual sourpuss into playing? Plenty of other drummers (and, ahem, other singers) out there that want to make music. Move on. He wants left alone so I say leave him alone.

• Like 2