Texas King

Your favorite metal mascot?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Your favorite metal mascot?

• Eddie (Iron Maiden)
    • Vic Rattlehead (Megadeth)
    • Murray (Dio)
    • Snaggletooth (Motörhead)

Serious Texas, give it a break with these polls.....

Can you give me a good reason for that?

What he's really saying is that he wants a Lita Ford poll of some sort. :yes:

IMHO, I think your polls are fine. They've generated pages and pages of conversation. We can choose the ones we'd like to post in so yeah, I think you're doing well :hail:

• Like 9

Texas King is the king of polls. Don't listen to the naysayers. This is the best one yet. EDDIE!!!!!!

Quick story, in my band playing days we had a nice metal scene here (savatage, nasty savage, and morbid angel all came from here) and during a really big show at a place called rocky creek my band played with several others. I can remember the show was in 1986 the week that master of puppets was released because they played the album in its entirety before the first band went on. One band was named oblivion and played decent nwobhm/thrash. They had a mascot named boner that was a guy in a big black hooded cape with a skeleton mask and Skelton hands and arms coming out of the sleeves that looked like they were made of broom sticks and papier machê. Me and my friends tried not to be dicks but we were laughing our asses off at their lame attempt at a mascot.

• Like 5

Keep doing polls. If you stop, then I'd be making polls.

Eddie, of course, for his versatility. I like Vic, too. I like my metal mascots doing a variety of things.

No Not man?

I love this pic:

http://i.imgur.com/iHMzOuY.jpg?1

• Like 6

IMHO, I think your polls are fine. They've generated pages and pages of conversation. We can choose the ones we'd like to post in so yeah, I think you're doing well :hail:

With no hard feelings towards zumbi, agreed. I mean, the constant polls are maybe a bit tiresome for some, but usually only when they have no interest in posting in the newest ones. Maybe it's just me, but when I see a poll I'm really interested in I don't care if it's the first one in years or the fifth one you've made today, I'm posting.

Plus I've done worse. My old best guitar album thread had a reboot recently, but what even I forgot was that it was one of like twelve I made in the same day listing off all the possible sonic components on Rush albums. Lotta folks got tired of that real quickly.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 1

With no hard feelings towards zumbi, agreed. I mean, the constant polls are maybe a bit tiresome for some, but usually only when they have no interest in posting in the newest ones. Maybe it's just me, but when I see a poll I'm really interested in I don't care if it's the first one in years or the fifth one you've made today, I'm posting.

Plus I've done worse. My old best guitar album thread had a reboot recently, but what even I forgot was that it was one of like twelve I made in the same day listing off all the possible sonic components on Rush albums. Lotta folks got tired of that real quickly.

People getting tired of a thread is fine. I've said this before: If a thread is crap, it'll die as it deserves to. But Texas King's polls USUALLY don't die SOOOOO it shows that there's a definite interest from several people to post in there (and often multiple times).

• Like 1

In fairness to both sides, those of us happy to see more polls and those of us tired of the, why not make a separate section for polls (Rush has one, after all).

Then those tired won't see threads get buried quickly that they have interest in, and the rest of us can keep the conversations going.

I love logging in and seeing new polls, I'm even love the ones that puzzle me (Bolt Thrower vs. Bee Gees sort of thing. Love that stuff.)

• Like 2