split from Thinking of Lorraine

YYZumbi

Who really cares to be honest...? People coming and going on the internet all the time.

People think that just because you chatting with people online, they are your friends. But thats not the case. Sure, some people you might enjoy talking to and think is nice. But they are never your real friends. Just someone you chat with online.

Edited by YYZumbi
  • Like 1

Who really cares to be honest...? People coming and going on the internet all the time.

People think that just because you chatting with people online, they are your friends. But thats not the case. Sure, some people you might enjoy talking to and think is nice. But they are never your real friends. Just someone you chat with online.

Online friends being real or not is debatable. I get it.

But "Who really cares?" is just a straight up dick thing to say especially given everything Lorraine has gone through. For REAL.

I can't actually say Lorraine's my friend but I CAN say that she seems like a nice person. I CAN say that I hope things work out for her and her husband despite not knowing her. Bad things happen to people I don't know all the time...and at least SOME of those things make me feel sad for those people that I DON'T actually know.

"Who really cares?" --- Apparently, everyone in this thread except you.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 25

Yes... apparently...

Yes... apparently...

And you have no clue as to how classless your first post was.

• Like 11

Yes... apparently...

Do not really care to be honest...

Yes... apparently...

Hey everybody... This is a thread avoiding negativity. It's about sending out love to a member many of us cherish. So please refrain from participating in this thread unless you can meet that criteria. Thank you.

• Like 9

Yes... apparently...

Well, either start caring, or stay out of it. Learn to recognize that there are topics that you just don't need to participate in if you have nothing positive or useful to add.

• Like 19

Yes... apparently...

Well, either start caring, or stay out of it. Learn to recognize that there are topics that you just don't need to participate in if you have nothing positive or useful to add.

I get it also...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Minion%20banana.gif

Zumbi, I enjoy talking to you on chat, man...but you´ve clearly overstayed your welcome here in this topic. Please get out - with no detriment to our other chats or interactions. But please get out.

Fixed, but to elaborate…

Look Zumbi, I know this is an online forum and not real life. But when you (using the general "you" here) participate on an online forum enough, you develop a sense of camaraderie with some members. Lorraine is one of this forum's most beloved members, and she's going through a very hard time. Does it affect us in any real way? No, but being the decent human beings we are, we want to let her know that we care about her and wish her the best. I'm not one to swear, but you're acting like an insensitive asshole. I mean, would it kill you to just be kind enough to wish a fellow human well? And if so, why the hell would you be so insensitive as to ask, "Who cares?" Think before you post.

Edited by Disk98
  • Like 9

But "Who really cares?" is just a straight up dick thing to say especially given everything Lorraine has gone through. For REAL.

I can't actually say Lorraine's my friend but I CAN say that she seems like a nice person. I CAN say that I hope things work out for her and her husband despite not knowing her. Bad things happen to people I don't know all the time...and at least SOME of those things make me feel sad for those people that I DON'T actually know.

I haven't met Lorraine in person. She means a lot to me.

Wow... you really must be lonely outside of this forum if someone online means a lot to you...

That's a despicable post, and probably 100% untrue.

I've made lifelong friends on here & other platforms, guess what, I have TONS of friends "offline".

I don't claim to know Lorraine well, but we bonded over a mutual love of Queen, and that means something to me.

Stop digging.

• Like 11

Wow... you really must be lonely outside of this forum if someone online means a lot to you...

If anything, it's probably quite the opposite. Segue seems like he'd easily be able to make friends ------> which would lead to him being able to sympathize and empathize with people not immediately in front of him. This is something you don't seem to be able to do.

The world extends past your room.

• Like 6

You couldn't be more wrong. I'm going on a week long family vacation this august with 2 couples and there children. I met them on TRF. I have known these people over 10 years, and they are very close friends. We see each other quite often, and don't live in the same state.These are real and important relationships. My daughter is best friends with one of there daughters and spends a couple week each summer with her.

I have personal relationships with many people on this board! Strong relationships with many, and have met in person at least 100 members of this board.

Johnny B and I have met and hung out and he is in this thread right now.

Edited by Tick
  • Like 9

I have an awful lot of friends. A lot. My social circle is wide and I have a lot to be thankful and happy about.

When I was low and depressed and housebound my friends were anmazing.

And I include Mick, Blue J and Lorraine, amongst others, in that category.

• Like 4

I have an awful lot of friends. A lot. My social circle is wide and I have a lot to be thankful and happy about.

Besides petty arguing over a DT album, you are ok in my book.

• Like 2

I was a total bitch

• Like 1

I was a total bitch

No biggie. Sometimes passion for something goes farther than need be. I could have let it all slide off me but I didn't.

In any event, Lorraine is beloved for a reason! She is a caring soul!

• Like 2

I was a total bitch

Past tense? :LOL:

Zumbi, we've talked a lot in the chat for a few years now, and in that time I think I've seen a side of you that others here perhaps haven't. Other people are seeing you in this thread now, and will think that you're not very nice, and I know full well deep down that you are a decent guy who has the potential to be better.

I haven't met Lorraine, I've not spoken to her that much on here even, but when you've talked to someone on here even just a little bit, bonded over something (Rush), and you regularly see their posts, you do find yourself giving at least a bit of a damn when you hear that they're not going through a great time at the moment. I'd of course be lying if I said that it's all I think about at night, but that doesn't mean I don't think about it at all.

To use us two as a bit of an example, I know you care at least ever so slightly about me, an internet person, because you tried to encourage me to not commit suicide a month or two ago, in fact you sent a couple of personal messages so you went out of your way to try and stop me from doing something really stupid. And I'm very thankful for that.

I'm not too sure what my overall point is with this, but basically I think Zumbi is wrong here and it's a shame, because I think he's giving a false impression of himself with his posts on this thread.

• Like 6

Zumbi, I enjoy talking to you on chat, man...but you´ve clearly overwelcomed your stay here in this topic. Please get out - with no detriment to our other chats or interactions. But please get out.

That's good advice.

Zumbi, you've been a pain in the ass at times over the past few years, but in this thread, every post you make makes you look like more of an ass, and you're disrupting what was supposed to be a positive thread. Just because you've (apparently) failed to forge any meaningful relationships here doesn't mean it's not possible. Way too much evidence to the contrary in this thread, and all over this board. People have gotten MARRIED after meeting here.

So now I'm strongly advising you to take Rod's advice and and stay out of this thread.

• Like 8

You couldn't be more wrong. I'm going on a week long family vacation this august with 2 couples and there children. I met them on TRF. I have known these people over 10 years, and they are very close friends. We see each other quite often, and don't live in the same state.These are real and important relationships. My daughter is best friends with one of there daughters and spends a couple week each summer with her.

I have personal relationships with many people on this board! Strong relationships with many, and have met in person at least 100 members of this board.

Then you can be friends, since you have met each other. I am talking about people that never see each other outside of a computer and call each other for friends.

Zumbi, I enjoy talking to you on chat, man...but you´ve clearly overwelcomed your stay here in this topic. Please get out - with no detriment to our other chats or interactions. But please get out.

That's good advice.

Zumbi, you've been a pain in the ass at times over the past few years, but in this thread, every post you make makes you look like more of an ass, and you're disrupting what was supposed to be a positive thread. Just because you've (apparently) failed to forge any meaningful relationships here doesn't mean it's not possible. Way too much evidence to the contrary in this thread, and all over this board. People have gotten MARRIED after meeting here.

So now I'm strongly advising you to take Rod's advice and and stay out of this thread.

If people keep quoting me, then I have to answer. :S I was done in this thread after my first post in this thread. But then people keep quoting me, and then I have to write back...

That's good advice.

If people keep quoting me, then I have to answer. :S I was done in this thread after my first post in this thread. But then people keep quoting me, and then I have to write back...

If an admin quotes you, then tells you to stay out of this thread, then no, you don't have to answer back. And you don't have to answer this one.

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1
  • Like 1

Then you can be friends, since you have met each other. I am talking about people that never see each other outside of a computer and call each other for friends.

But isn't that what you do? Check my instagram and Facebook. I am always surrounded by loved ones. Have friends in various cities. Have never been alone my entire life. I came to this forum and other forums to chat music as my friends don't share interests. I since found friends. Everyone here gets along and uses their spare moments to check up on each other and at times spice up the chat with music debate and other things.

You come on here, boast about your boring music collection, call out others for not doing things the right way, condescend others, say rude things to others and justify it only to then take a huge dump on anyone who ever calls you out or confronts you for being a jerk.

Now I am sure you are a respectable human being. I'm saying this through gritted teeth as I don't think you are but you only ever seem to show one side of yourself and it's not very pleasant. Criticised ones like GNP and Fraroc show lovely sides to themselves often and it's obvious they are both fragile. But you just come across totally pig headed and I am not sure I believe you are anything other than that.

You can be unkind about me all you like but I think I've shown enough evidence on this forum I mean well and like people and when I put a foot wrong, whether or not at the time my health is bad, I always try and resolve a matter. And I am like that in real life too.

You are so jerk like I don't even know why you come on this forum. Do you even like anybody? Is it possible for you to be endeared by people?

• Like 3