Thinking of Lorraine

RushCanuck

Never mind. I posted here before I saw the other thread and thought better of feeding the troll. Edited by catherine
  • Like 2

Who really cares to be honest...? People coming and going on the internet all the time.

People think that just because you chatting with people online, they are your friends. But thats not the case. Sure, some people you might enjoy talking to and think is nice. But they are never your real friends. Just someone you chat with online.

You couldn't be more wrong. I'm going on a week long family vacation this august with 2 couples and there children. I met them on TRF. I have known these people over 10 years, and they are very close friends. We see each other quite often, and don't live in the same state.These are real and important relationships. My daughter is best friends with one of there daughters and spends a couple week each summer with her.

I have personal relationships with many people on this board! Strong relationships with many, and have met in person at least 100 members of this board.

Johnny B and I have met and hung out and he is in this thread right now.

And you're talking about none other than Pags/George who I've never met yet always seemed like a nice family type dude.

Look, here we are now (or rather, in '06) with the superfriendly, supercool SlackaBob who happens to be yet ANOTHER TRFer who is just one DAMN FINE human being. :yes:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/andrewq2112/IMG_6328.jpg

Yes, a REAL vacation with Pags, Owlswing, Sundog, and Digital Man.

Before finding this place, I also may have thought you can't forge real relationships from a fan board. Boy would I have been wrong!

^^^^

:hail: :D

• Like 2

Who really cares to be honest...? People coming and going on the internet all the time.

People think that just because you chatting with people online, they are your friends. But thats not the case. Sure, some people you might enjoy talking to and think is nice. But they are never your real friends. Just someone you chat with online.

You couldn't be more wrong. I'm going on a week long family vacation this august with 2 couples and there children. I met them on TRF. I have known these people over 10 years, and they are very close friends. We see each other quite often, and don't live in the same state.These are real and important relationships. My daughter is best friends with one of there daughters and spends a couple week each summer with her.

I have personal relationships with many people on this board! Strong relationships with many, and have met in person at least 100 members of this board.

Johnny B and I have met and hung out and he is in this thread right now.

And you're talking about none other than Pags/George who I've never met yet always seemed like a nice family type dude.

Look, here we are now (or rather, in '06) with the superfriendly, supercool SlackaBob who happens to be yet ANOTHER TRFer who is just one DAMN FINE human being. :yes:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/andrewq2112/IMG_6328.jpg

Yes, a REAL vacation with Pags, Owlswing, Sundog, and Digital Man.

Before finding this place, I also may have thought you can't forge real relationships from a fan board. Boy would I have been wrong!

^^^^

:hail: :D

Funnily, Bob kind of looks like Spicoli in that pic. Must be the bloodshot, squinting eyes :P

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 2

Well if I took a break from TRF for any reason, "personal nature" or not, the last thing I'd want is a thread where people were talking about me and asking for personal info about me through PMs .. send her a message and if she doesn't respond then be decent and give her space. Lorraine seems like one of the more genuine people around here (no offence to anyone else) and definitely deserves that.
  • Like 3

Well if I took a break from TRF for any reason, "personal nature" or not, the last thing I'd want is a thread where people were talking about me and asking for personal info about me through PMs .. send her a message and if she doesn't respond then be decent and give her space. Lorraine seems like one of the more genuine people around here (no offence to anyone else) and definitely deserves that.

:yes: http://gomiblog.com/gomipress/wp-content/sp-resources/forum-smileys/smiley-signs064.gif

Never mind. I posted here before I saw the other thread and thought better of feeding the troll.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Insults/FunnyPictures-DoNotFeedtheTroll.jpg

Yeah, I had a couple posts that were deleted, and I soon realized that NEITHER of them would matter at all to the person they were meant for....Thanks, for the split off, 73!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Happy%20glasses%20dancing%20banana.gif

• Like 1

Lorraine. Sending positive thoughts your way. I wish you much strength and good health to you and your husband. I also wish you peace :hug2:
  • Like 3

Praying for Lorraine and her family.
  • Like 3

Never mind. I posted here before I saw the other thread and thought better of feeding the troll.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Insults/FunnyPictures-DoNotFeedtheTroll.jpg

Yeah, I had a couple posts that were deleted, and I soon realized that NEITHER of them would matter at all to the person they were meant for....Thanks, for the split off, 73!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Happy%20glasses%20dancing%20banana.gif

Iit's nice to know some folks are a little bit quicker than I am on 'picking things up' Catherine! ;) :LOL:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Minion%20banana.gif

• Like 2

http://i63.tinypic.com/a307qw.jpg

Love the Clint Quote!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/sniper%20banana.gif

• Like 1

I think you are being overly critical of our interest in Lorraine. We are legitimately concerned for several reasons but mainly because we hope she is ok and her husband's health has improved. Thanks for the update Mick, I have thought about her a lot recently and was going to try another PM. Glad she has been in contact. Keep us posted.... :hug2: Lorraine

• Like 2

Online friends being real or not is debatable. I get it.

But "Who really cares?" is just a straight up dick thing to say especially given everything Lorraine has gone through. For REAL.

I can't actually say Lorraine's my friend but I CAN say that she seems like a nice person. I CAN say that I hope things work out for her and her husband despite not knowing her. Bad things happen to people I don't know all the time...and at least SOME of those things make me feel sad for those people that I DON'T actually know.

"Who really cares?" --- Apparently, everyone in this thread except you.

I haven't met Lorraine in person. She means a lot to me.

Wow... you really must be lonely outside of this forum if someone online means a lot to you...

Some of the people on this forum mean the world to me.

When my wife was dying in the hospital, the people on here were constantly listening and providing support.

Also, I received tangible gifts, spontaneously, and unrequested.

Also, one of the most beautiful flowers at the funeral came from posters on here.

Ergo, I reject wholeheartedly your claim that internet posters don't care or aren't worth caring for. Regardless of the fact that we've never met, Lorraine,band her husband, are real people for whom we all care very deeply.

• Like 8

I always liked lorraine and I would/will/do miss the people that have frequented this board over these many years....yes even those I disagree with. Edited by Tom Sawyer
  • Like 1

Online friends being real or not is debatable. I get it.

But "Who really cares?" is just a straight up dick thing to say especially given everything Lorraine has gone through. For REAL.

I can't actually say Lorraine's my friend but I CAN say that she seems like a nice person. I CAN say that I hope things work out for her and her husband despite not knowing her. Bad things happen to people I don't know all the time...and at least SOME of those things make me feel sad for those people that I DON'T actually know.

"Who really cares?" --- Apparently, everyone in this thread except you.

I haven't met Lorraine in person. She means a lot to me.

Wow... you really must be lonely outside of this forum if someone online means a lot to you...

Some of the people on this forum mean the world to me.

When my wife was dying in the hospital, the people on here were constantly listening and providing support.

Also, I received tangible gifts, spontaneously, and unrequested.

Also, one of the most beautiful flowers at the funeral came from posters on here.

Ergo, I reject wholeheartedly your claim that internet posters don't care or aren't worth caring for. Regardless of the fact that we've never met, Lorraine,band her husband, are real people for whom we all care very deeply.

Aiken probably didn't realize that most of that conversation was split off into a separate thread and closed (I kept a few of those posts in here because Tick and Blaze posted cool pics of TRF meetups). Just pointing this out in case any of the combatants quoted here felt like picking this up where it was left off, which they are discouraged from doing.

• Like 3