Why is it selfish to want to see them perform just one more time....

fraroc

as opposed to making them write and record a whole new LP, which is somehow not selfish? To me, if wanting to see Rush tour again or at least perform just one last farewell concert in their hometown of Toronto one last time is selfish, then guess f***ing what? A wanting them to go out of their way to come up with new ideas for songs, compose them and record them is selfish too.

Peart has quit the band, not only that he's quit being a drummer. For good. He may never be seen again in public. Geddy and Alex says there's no RUSH without Neil. End of Story.

So basically you admit that Neil broke up the band.

From the looks of things, Neil really doesn't want to do anything anymore. Forget about touring, from what I've heard about Time Stand Still, the guy never wants to pick up another drumstick or write another lyric ever again for as long as he lives.

So I'll ask again, if what I stated is accurate, how is it less selfish to want to see them do one last farewell gig as opposed to spending numerous months or even years trying to do another album?

fraroc, how would you feel about Geddy and Alex finding a new drummer and continuing as Rush ??

I'd see them.

Might not agree with them using the Rush name, but it sounds like it would be a great show. Especially with someone like Dave Lombardo or Mike Mangini on drums.

Edited by fraroc
  • Like 2

as opposed to making them write and record a whole new LP, which is somehow not selfish? To me, if wanting to see Rush tour again or at least perform just one last farewell concert in their hometown of Toronto one last time is selfish, then guess f***ing what? A wanting them to go out of their way to come up with new ideas for songs, compose them and record them is selfish too.

Peart has quit the band, not only that he's quit being a drummer. For good. He may never be seen again in public. Geddy and Alex says there's no RUSH without Neil. End of Story.

I've been saying it for months!

Because they are dying, and they don't want to die playing some shitty fan favorite song.

And that's exactly what frackle dackle here would rather have based on his OP than for them to bow out gracefully on their own terms.

• Like 1

Aaaand...if some :rush: "fan" such as the OP here hates Neil over not touring ever again because he wants to spend more time with his family among other things then I say to fraroc aka Snap Frackle Dackle Pop:

resytt.gif

Yep. This, fra-boy, is why you're selfish. Not because you want more Rush content (lots of Rush fans would like this), but because you disparage Neil at any given opportunity for retiring at 63 years old.

Yes. What are you going to do? Call him a bad band mate or a bad friend to Geddy/Alex again?

Edited by Mr. Not
  • Like 1

Wanting or hoping that Rush will do another tour or another album isn't selfish. Demanding that they do either would be. Not that they would be influenced by anyone demanding anything of them.

Neil's age isn't what is holding him back. Buddy Rich pounded the shit out of his drums way into his old age. It's Neil's health that is stopping him. His health is more important, and last I saw of Neil - which was the "Time Stand Still" film - he's not looking all that healthy. Oh, and his family is more important, too.

You know why. Neil doesn't even live in Canada anymore and he's the main one that doesn't want to do it. He sure as he'll isn't going to want to go to Toronto, practice for 2 months and play one show.

HAHAHA! No shit! So tired of this hypothetical crap. RUSH IS DEAD!

Hey, I live in California! My new plates just came to my local DMV and I picked them up! Black with yellow letters! N PEART!

I'm the real psycho.

I will drive to Santa Monica in my silver Audi and stalk the retired fat cigarette smoking red candy apple faced fail. LOVE HIM!

Too bad he will be in Alberta on his BMW motorcycle! Oh well!

We are all crazy!!

It's the normal people you have to watch out for!!!

RUSH ON!!!!

AND...

MOVE THE FUCKK ON!

You people who are too young or just too late to see RUSH live move on and find a new hobby.

I've done 60 shows in 30 years. That's twice a year if you can do your simple math.

There is always a cost to the price to pay to see your band.

I never remodeled my kitchen.

I am divorced.

Yes, RUSH was part of it.

Yet on my travels around North America I have met men and women who have seen RUSH over 100 times.

I've never seen RUSH live until 1984.

It still bugs me, but THAT'S LIFE!!!!

GET OVER IT!

Life goes on!!!

I have no regrets!!!

BECAUSE!

I still have my GIRLS!

I still have my HOUSE!

FUCKK THE KITCHEN! I SAW RUSH 60 times! I saw their last show!

I can always remodel the kitchen now!

I can't feel sorry for you so called Rush fans who bitch about never seeing them enough.

You can't go back.

MOVE FORWARD!

You less fortunate souls should be thankful that 73 hasn't pulled the plug on the RUSH FORUM YET!

Be thankful.

Be happy.

Life could be a lot worse.

HAPPY NEW BEER!

I hear King Crimson is coming to America this year.

GO SEE THEM!

fraroc, how would you feel about Geddy and Alex finding a new drummer and continuing as Rush ??

I'd see them.

Might not agree with them using the Rush name, but it sounds like it would be a great show. Especially with someone like Dave Lombardo or Mike Mangini on drums.

That would be amazing having Lombardo on drums, he seems such an affable chap, I can imagine he would want to do it.

Edited by condemned2bfree

I'm pretty sure I couldn't come up with someone less fitting as a drummer for Rush than Dave Lombardo. Tom Araya on vocals then? Lol.

rather have a new album anyday. find it hard to believe the lyrics for new stuff not popped into neil's head over these years, that's what he does. if it's going to happen wouldn't be surprised if we hear something soon.

• Like 1

rather have a new album anyday. find it hard to believe the lyrics for new stuff not popped into neil's head over these years, that's what he does. if it's going to happen wouldn't be surprised if we hear something soon.

Maybe.

Or you can look at it this way:

After Snakes & Arrows was released in mid-2007, Peart has written just the lyrics for 12 Rush songs. And that was between 2010-2012. Is that THAT prolific? 12 songs in 10 years? I'm sure he's thinking about the world, current events, etc. because that's what he does. But that doesn't necessarily mean he'll be thinking about it all in the scope of rock lyrics.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure I couldn't come up with someone less fitting as a drummer for Rush than Dave Lombardo. Tom Araya on vocals then? Lol.

Better choice than Lars Ulrich, am I right?

Aaaand...if some :rush: "fan" such as the OP here hates Neil over not touring ever again because he wants to spend more time with his family among other things then I say to fraroc aka Snap Frackle Dackle Pop:

resytt.gif

Yep. This, fra-boy, is why you're selfish. Not because you want more Rush content (lots of Rush fans would like this), but because you disparage Neil at any given opportunity for retiring at 63 years old.

Yes. What are you going to do? Call him a bad band mate or a bad friend to Geddy/Alex again?

I'm not disparaging Neil because he retired at 63.

I'm disparaging Neil because he forced Geddy and Alex to retire too, even though both of them had made it clear in post-R40 interviews that they're not done with music.

This whole thing is reminiscent of when Sabbath broke up with RJD for a second time in 1992, except then, Dio put his foot down when Tony and Geezer tried to force him to do something he didn't want to do.

Edited by fraroc

resytt.gif

I'm disparaging Neil because he forced Geddy and Alex to retire too, even though both of them had made it clear in post-R40 interviews that they're not done with music.

This whole thing is reminiscent of when Sabbath broke up with RJD for a second time in 1992, except then, Dio put his foot down when Tony and Geezer tried to force him to do something he didn't want to do.

He forced Al and Ged to retire about as much as you forced me to quote your post here. That makes no sense..

• Like 3

resytt.gif

He forced Al and Ged to retire about as much as you forced me to quote your post here. That makes no sense..

He forced them to retire like you forced me to take a piss 5 minutes ago. It's your fault! It's Peart's fault!

resytt.gif

He forced them to retire like you forced me to take a piss 5 minutes ago. It's your fault! It's Peart's fault!

Now I gotta tinkle. And I didn't even fix any posts yet this year. Thanks for nothing Blaze!

• Like 2

Lombardo has played in many different bands taking on and playing many different styles, than the limited perception you have of him in Slayer.

He adapts very well to the music around him.

• Like 1