What did you previously love that you now don't care for?

x1yyz

Segue- the only thing I can suggest is that different people deal with their experiences in different ways. And I know that may come across as a weak sort of rationale...but it may have been something that your friend felt that she 'needed' to do, just as with any other kind of therapy.

It certainly does not mean that you have to watch it, nor that you should have to be supportive of her endeavor at all. You don't.

But 'live and let live' is the best credo that I can offer. I think that's all that it comes down to.

I was so angry last night...and...erm...drinking...

I woke up this morning with this exact mind set.

Odd how sleep soothes out these things...

I'm glad to hear that a good sleep has helped you, Segue!

I agree with Blue J, and would like to add that sometimes people really don't know how to present their experiences or theories related to trauma in a non-graphic manner. The act itself is sometimes the only way they imagine to open a dialogue or even to describe the aftermath of their experience. I know that may sound strange but I've witnessed it countless times.

Hopefully that is the case in your situation, and not that she was exploiting your experience for her film as it sounded like you were suspecting.

:hug2:

I've contacted her. I've cooled so much I think I was in a bit of a frenzy last night.

Things trigger me at times and it sends me into a manic spiral and had I not fallen asleep I think I would likely have been bad last night.

I do think she is brave. But to make this film whilst helping others and not letting them no feels like an odd sort of betrayal.

The film is called Selling Isobel.

I feel ashamed really that I felt she was being an exhibitionist. We have had similar experiences...mine was longer and more intense and involved more complexity (I was really tormented mentally and actually paid for real modelling and actually had a career whilst being groomed behind the scenes in ways that sadly she experienced).

I'd ay he suffered more as I had lost the plot and found myself accepting of terrifying ordeals whilst she was in constant terror. But all the same...it was a shock and it will be a while before I can feel proud of her.

I guess I should be though.

Sorry I'm being so open...it's dominating my mind again atm and I find this selfishly therapeutic.

I don't think that you should apologize for being open. There are folks here who care about you and are always willing to listen/help.

Do take good care, and try to go easy on yourself--you've been through (and are dealing with) an awful lot, after all.

It all goes right back to what Blue J was saying: different people have different ways of healing :)

I appreciate this.

I'm not a very kind forum member atm. I don't think I'm going to be the nicest version of me for a while but I will try.

It's up and down...I see others here have low moments as well so it's kind of you and Blue J to be so nice.

• Like 2

Segue- the only thing I can suggest is that different people deal with their experiences in different ways. And I know that may come across as a weak sort of rationale...but it may have been something that your friend felt that she 'needed' to do, just as with any other kind of therapy.

It certainly does not mean that you have to watch it, nor that you should have to be supportive of her endeavor at all. You don't.

But 'live and let live' is the best credo that I can offer. I think that's all that it comes down to.

That has increasingly become my credo over the years...."Live and LET Live"...it causes a LOT less problems as life goes on... I've come to the conclusion that I LOVE to ELIMINATE stress in my live in ANY WAY I can.....Good luck, my friend!

:banana:

Live and let live is a very easy thing to say when you aren't in my shoes.

But I know what you mean.

But you don't just leave stuff like this in your past like a bad argument.

You can if you really want to. I was Raped by a classmate in High school. And that was REALLY HARD to get over...but I did, and was actually sad when I heard that he'd died of AIDS.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Crying%20banana.gif

That has increasingly become my credo over the years...."Live and LET Live"...it causes a LOT less problems as life goes on... I've come to the conclusion that I LOVE to ELIMINATE stress in my live in ANY WAY I can.....Good luck, my friend!

You can if you really want to. I was Raped by a classmate in High school. And that was REALLY HARD to get over...but I did, and was actually sad when I heard that he'd died of AIDS.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Crying%20banana.gif

:hug2: I know you had mentioned this once before, ORFie, but what a difficult thing for each of you to have to deal with. I'm glad you were able to become a survivor, ORFie. Segue, I'm glad you can open up here and let stuff out as you heal.

• Like 1

I used to love flying.

Now, it's a pain. Crying babies always right by me, frequent trips to the toilet, delays....... YUK!!

• Like 1

You know I feel awful for you.

But these are two very different circumstances.

But I appreciate the sentiments.

• Like 1

You know I feel awful for you.

But these are two very different circumstances.

But I appreciate the sentiments.

It must be 'disconnecting' on its way to my brain, but I know that you are a great person, and it will work itself out for you in the end. {gratuitous RUSH reference}

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Joyful%20bouncing%20banana.gif

:hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

• Like 1

Formula 1

Yeah.

A lot of sports for me, really. Racing, boxing, pro American football, pro baseball...even pro bowling. I really lived it all as a kid, and now I'm only occasionally interested. Too much exposure, hype and over-analysis these days, I think.

• Like 2

Board games. About two years ago a friend showed me that the ones carried by major retailers are generally really bad compared to some of the amazing stuff that exists. Suddenly my LAN parties have changed to board game days with a LAN component in the evening.
  • Like 1

TRF

Ya know what? This reminds me of a thing my Mother told me when I was young. "If someone doesn't like the way you look, tell them 'There's a thousand dirctions you can look! One of them doesn't have to be ME!'" In that vein, there are thousands of other band boards you can become a member of, why don't you check all THOSE boards out....just sayin'.....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Bananaghettosign.gif

• Like 1

Formula 1

Yeah.

A lot of sports for me, really. Racing, boxing, pro American football, pro baseball...even pro bowling. I really lived it all as a kid, and now I'm only occasionally interested. Too much exposure, hype and over-analysis these days, I think.

They've changed too much. Used to loved ncaa basketball and then one and done became the rule, yawn. Nfl is killing itself with replay and rule changes. Defensive pass interference is called too much and the penalty is too severe. You can take someone's head off and get 15 yards. Touch a receiver and you might get a 40+ yard penalty. Baseball had the steroid era but starting to get back into that more.

• Like 1

Formula 1

Yeah.

They've changed too much. Used to loved ncaa basketball and then one and done became the rule, yawn. Nfl is killing itself with replay and rule changes. Defensive pass interference is called too much and the penalty is too severe. You can take someone's head off and get 15 yards. Touch a receiver and you might get a 40+ yard penalty. Baseball had the steroid era but starting to get back into that more.

It's almost that bad with college football as well...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana_gun.jpg

• Like 1

Formula 1

Yeah.

It's almost that bad with college football as well...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana_gun.jpg

Also, if the nfl was serious about reducing injuries they wouldn't allow offsides to offset a personal foul. Every personal foul should be accepted and override all other penalties except other personal fouls.

• Like 1

And I just noticed this year, that a 'touchback' in college brings the football out to the 25, instead of the 20 yrd. line. when the heck did THIS change?

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20can%20opener.gif

Mostly bands, because I've 'outgrown' them.

Number of them from my high school days.

Everclear

Live

Our Lady Peace

Eve 6

Marcy Playground

Fastball

Third Eye Blind

Harvey Danger

I will forever hold dear that first Third Eye Blind album. And to a lesser extent, Blue.