TRF Racism And Profanity Hypocrisy

ghostworks

Being offended is one thing

Finding something disturbing is entirely something different

Not sure why that SPAM thread even exists - freedom of speech - well, you tell me if this is something that should or shouldn't be of concern:

( keep in mind that Surrender claims to be a 15 y/o girl )

http://www.therushfo...00#entry4125650

That spam thread is the one festering sore on this forum.

And the beautiful thing about the SPAM thread is that you never, ever, need to go into the thread if you don't want to. :)

Today was maybe the second time (that link) I went in after all this time. And I look around GD every day

It's understandable that most people don't understand tost but I really do suggest that the members on this forum practice the tolerance they so dearly preach for a mostly silly thread in a containment board that you never need to visit.

I understand censorship on a family-friendly forum but I can't help but find it totally outdated. It doesn't surprise me that some words are automatically censored and some lines of speech are corrected but you can be completely offensive without ever using words naughty enough to use a filter, and these things can quite routinely bypass any moderation. Most forums have a more straightforward set of rules and no filters.

The forum members here are comfortable with each other and for the most part do not immediately report any slightly risky line of discourse--nor do they go out of line on their own. Doing so would go against the general atmosphere and enjoyment of the forum. With that in mind it isn't really hard to figure out why ghostworks is irked with the inequitable approach to moderation of topics and language.

• Like 2

Not sure why that SPAM thread even exists - freedom of speech - well, you tell me if this is something that should or shouldn't be of concern:

Don't forget about SOCN!

:eyeroll: There's nothing wrong with SOCN. I've learned a lot banging heads with others in there. :)

Yeah don't knock it if you haven't tried it honey. We may throw sharp elbows and get loud on occasion but for the most part It is sharp conversation among deverse views. We don't have safe spaces, trigger warnings or micro aggressions yet enjoy each other's company.

Who's knocking it?

And the beautiful thing about the SPAM thread is that you never, ever, need to go into the thread if you don't want to. :)

Do you realize that Surrender is a kid - a female - who claims to be 15 but is probably a few years younger ?

There's not a whole lot a person can do in regards to anonymous users on an internet forum, but I see that you list your kids as an interest, so I would hope that as a dad, this example in TOST would concern you ..

I could care less what adults do with their spare time, or how the waste it away .... But if this is a kid in there with grown men, it's not something to turn a blind eye to

• Like 4

Do you realize that Surrender is a kid - a female - who claims to be 15 but is probably a few years younger ?

There's not a whole lot a person can do in regards to anonymous users on an internet forum, but I see that you list your kids as an interest, so I would hope that as a dad, this example in TOST would concern you ..

I could care less what adults do with their spare time, or how the waste it away .... But if this is a kid in there with grown men, it's not something to turn a blind eye to

Not disagreeing with that but where would you go from here?

• Like 1

It's understandable that most people don't understand tost but I really do suggest that the members on this forum practice the tolerance they so dearly preach for a mostly silly thread in a containment board that you never need to visit.

I understand censorship on a family-friendly forum but I can't help but find it totally outdated. It doesn't surprise me that some words are automatically censored and some lines of speech are corrected but you can be completely offensive without ever using words naughty enough to use a filter, and these things can quite routinely bypass any moderation. Most forums have a more straightforward set of rules and no filters.

The forum members here are comfortable with each other and for the most part do not immediately report any slightly risky line of discourse--nor do they go out of line on their own. Doing so would go against the general atmosphere and enjoyment of the forum. With that in mind it isn't really hard to figure out why ghostworks is irked with the inequitable approach to moderation of topics and language.

DOL, it not a matter of understanding anything .... Surrender is a kid - probably younger than the 15 she claims to be

When a girl who claims to be 15 but acts like she is 7 or 8 posts page after page about performing oral sex, and the thread is filled with grown men, that is f***ed up and disturbing ..

I worry about what brings a child to write that, but I'm also infuriated with grown men who encourage it

• Like 7

Not disagreeing with that but where would you go from here?

I am not tech savvy, but is it possible to find out the ISP numbers of some of the members here ?? .. Just to see if Surrender happens to be who she says she is, or, if the "Surrender" ID is just a sock puppet created by someone else

Again, this is an issue for me because of the kid's age and maturity level ..

• Like 2

When a girl who claims to be 15 but acts like she is 7 or 8 posts page after page about performing oral sex, and the thread is filled with grown men, that is f***ed up and disturbing ..

I worry about what brings a child to write that, but I'm also infuriated with grown men who encourage it

She's a teenage girl and it's pretty normal for teens to start getting interested in the naughty sex stuff, difference is it should have been between her and the teen boys in her town.

It was awkward as hell, I don't remember any of the men encouraging it.

If it makes you feel any better I remember girls saying stupid dirty shit like that all the way back in junior high - ages 13...

DOL, it not a matter of understanding anything .... Surrender is a kid - probably younger than the 15 she claims to be

Nobody in that thread encouraged it and I don't think that 74 fully understood what she was saying. She seeks attention. Suspending her and talking to her about it is one way to fix the problem, and it has been done.

I mean, I'm still new to this stuff, but all I've seen in this thread is negative comments about tost, and not a whole lot of them have to do with 74's inappropriate comments--most are, I would assume, disapproving because close to nothing that is posted there is structured in a formal way. But it's a conversation thread. It serves a valid purpose for the people that post in it, so I don't see why it should attract hate in the same way that I don't see why any other thread should attract hate.

I mean, I'm still new to this stuff, but all I've seen in this thread is negative comments about tost, and not a whole lot of them have to do with 74's inappropriate comments--most are, I would assume, disapproving because close to nothing that is posted there is structured in a formal way. But it's a conversation thread. It serves a valid purpose for the people that post in it, so I don't see why it should attract hate in the same way that I don't see why any other thread should attract hate.

Because the thread also contains spam, it's not just a running conversation.

And most of the conversations in the thread are pretty low forms of it.

Because the thread also contains spam, it's not just a running conversation.

And most of the conversations in the thread are pretty low forms of it.

I agree. From what I've seen, most of it is just to increase post count, like that matters, but some people seem to be competitive about it for some reason.

• Like 1

tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.gif

Is it bad that I know his name? I'm a mom, after all . . . . .

Absolutely not a bad thing at all .... I hope his TV show at least put some fear into the predators

Don't even know who or what that is

A guy named Chris Hansen, from a documentary type show called "To Catch a Predator." Somewhat controversial because it is a sting type thing but not law enforcement, although it is run by an agency that works with law enforcement and the cops wait outside to catch the perverts. The organization/show gets a petite college girl with a kid voice to respond to gross people in emails and chat rooms that want to have sex with a 13 yr old and then she invites the guy to "her parents house." They always show up with beer and condoms; the girls yells "come in" and this Chris Hansen guy is waiting in the kitchen instead. I watched it like twice. Pretty scary and not technology's finest moment.

• Like 2

Dude, all that I'm saying is that if you don't like a thread, then don't go in it.

Go direct your self righteousness somewhere else.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.gif

Is it bad that I know his name? I'm a mom, after all . . . . .

Absolutely not a bad thing at all .... I hope his TV show at least put some fear into the predators

Don't even know who or what that is

A guy named Chris Hansen, from a documentary type show called "To Catch a Predator." Somewhat controversial because it is a sting type thing but not law enforcement, although it is run by an agency that works with law enforcement and the cops wait outside to catch the perverts. The organization/show gets a petite college girl with a kid voice to respond to gross people in emails and chat rooms that want to have sex with a 13 yr old and then she invites the guy to "her parents house." They always show up with beer and condoms; the girls yells "come in" and this Chris Hansen guy is waiting in the kitchen instead. I watched it like twice. Pretty scary and not technology's finest moment.

Yeah I think I can skip that show.

Thanks for the synopsis.

• Like 2

Dude, all that I'm saying is that if you don't like a thread, then don't go in it.

You're a coward

• Like 1

So Surrender really got suspended? Or banned?

I hope she is OK if she goes to another forum. DOL hit the nail on the head when she said " I don't think that 74 fully understood what she was saying. She seeks attention."

I honestly think (if you read this sometime, Surrender, I would say it right to you as well, hun) she has a little bit of some type of developmental disorder. She reminds me SO much of a neighbor girl that has one. The huge obsession over one interest. The being oblivious to social cues (granted, less of those on the internet than face to face, but still . .),, like not getting that everyone disliked getting a string of one word answers, or that we didn't love her self congratulation thread. I think that is what made her seem so much younger than she is. I hope she stays safe.

• Like 6

I hope she is OK if she goes to another forum. DOL hit the nail on the head when she said " I don't think that 74 fully understood what she was saying. She seeks attention."

I honestly think (if you read this sometime, Surrender, I would say it right to you as well, hun) she has a little bit of some type of developmental disorder. She reminds me SO much of a neighbor girl that has one. The huge obsession over one interest. The being oblivious to social cues (granted, less of those on the internet than face to face, but still . .),, like not getting that everyone disliked getting a string of one word answers, or that we didn't love her self congratulation thread. I think that is what made her seem so much younger than she is. I hope she stays safe.

I agree

And Surrender, if you happen to see this, my harsh take on this is not directed at you - it is about the environment that has been created - an environment that is not conducive to healthy online interaction ..

Surrender had a lot to offer - the drawings, the opened minded approach to music - but the ease of drowning in that SPAM thread was unfortunate ..

With an adult, it is different ... But for a kid who is still developing socially and emotionally, no one in there seemed to care ..

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 2

You're a coward

No, he's right. First, you're prolonging an issue which was already dealt with just because it makes you uncomfortable. No one's saying they like the idea of what was going on with her posts there, and that's why she was talked to by 73 and suspended or banned (I don't know which). Second, you're also harping on a thread you don't like (again) when you can just ignore it.

Front to back this thread is filled to the brim with purposeless bitching :)

• Like 1

You're a coward

No, he's right. First, you're prolonging an issue which was already dealt with just because it makes you uncomfortable. No one's saying they like the idea of what was going on with her posts there, and that's why she was talked to by 73 and suspended or banned (I don't know which). Second, you're also harping on a thread you don't like (again) when you can just ignore it.

My self righteousness goes wherever I go

And I'm staying right here on this forum

You're a coward

My self righteousness goes wherever I go

And I'm staying right here on this forum

Cool

• Like 1

Sounds more like high functioning autism, perhaps Aspergers, rather than a developmental disorder. OCD and being oblivious to social cues being the main symptoms.

People with Aspergers are quite intelligent and vary in their sensitivity. Generally thinking differently, their reactions, or lack of, are confusing to people.

Anyhow, just my two cents.

• Like 2