TRF Racism And Profanity Hypocrisy

ghostworks

What a silly thread.

When did getting butt hurt over bullshit become such a popular hobby. :|

By the way, I live the way this forum is run. If someone steps out of line, the community usually lets the offender know.

This is a thread about a non-existent issue. Like a Seinfeld episode.

• Like 1

Being offended is one thing

Finding something disturbing is entirely something different

Not sure why that SPAM thread even exists - freedom of speech - well, you tell me if this is something that should or shouldn't be of concern:

( keep in mind that Surrender claims to be a 15 y/o girl )

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/100032-the-only-spam-thread-v15/page__st__5800#entry4125650

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 2

Not sure why that SPAM thread even exists - freedom of speech - well, you tell me if this is something that should or shouldn't be of concern:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/100032-the-only-spam-thread-v15/page__st__5800#entry4125650

That spam thread is the one festering sore on this forum.

• Like 5

informal poll

how many members here are ok with racist and profane hypocrisy at TRF

specifically:

expletive descriptions of female body parts = not allowed

racial slurs against dark-skinned people = not allowed

expletive descriptions of defecation = totally acceptable

racial slurs against light-skinned people = totally acceptable

thoughts?

Are you the same 'ghostworks' that's over at Counterparts RUSH message board? If So, and you don't like the rules here, go BACK! If you LIKE to say whatever you want to, THAT'S the place you NEED TO BE. I LIKE being able to 'keep it PG' so a younger set can participate. it's simple. You can't abide by the rules, leave.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/bananadanceOrig-1.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan

http://www.therushfo...00#entry4125650

I agree.

• Like 3

And the beautiful thing about the SPAM thread is that you never, ever, need to go into the thread if you don't want to. :)
  • Like 2

What a silly thread.

When did getting butt hurt over bullshit become such a popular hobby. :|

By the way, I live the way this forum is run. If someone steps out of line, the community usually lets the offender know.

This is a thread about a non-existent issue. Like a Seinfeld episode.

il_fullxfull.380160499_gd9j.jpg
  • Like 2

And the beautiful thing about the SPAM thread is that you never, ever, need to go into the thread if you don't want to. :)

Or come out of it.

• Like 2

That's true. But that doesn't mean a few of the TOST regulars have permission to post inappropriate content. That content is what makes that thread a "festering sore" to some of the members here.

• Like 4

A long time ago, I concluded that I could be the most polite, open minded person possible and still offend or piss someone off. So I stopped worrying about it. Hell, I'm sure someone is offended that this is in italics. That being said, I don't personally say anything on the forum that I wouldn't say in real life. Racial things are a definite nono. Sexual references really shouldn't bother anyone over the age of 14. Same with occasional foul language. The thing is...use them in small quantities or you start to sound like an unpleasant jerk to be around. I hope most people know me enough that I just say stupid shit to be funny. Oh shit, I said shit. I'm doomed. :o
  • Like 2

I'm not sure what the OP is referring to, but I do have to say that racism or other forms of hate have no place here (or anywhere, for that matter). Yes, it is fine for people to have differences of opinion - that's just life. Discussions are great, and context is everything. But hate talk is not acceptable.

I've got pretty thick skin

and I was personally offended by none of the words or comments that prompted the thread

what irks me most is the arbitrary double standard of what is and what is not 'offensive/censored' here

imo this arbitrary line is childish and silly, and though 99% of this forum - and my time here - is spent passively and enjoyably, sometimes that 1% needs a voice

I'm thankful this place allows that

I've vented, everyone's moved on - the company line shall remain arbitrary, childish and silly

TRF™ - Use at your own discretion

Your opinion is noted. Now if you want to be COMPLETELY HAPPY, you know where to go eh?

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Suave%20Banana.png

Edited by OldRUSHfan

A long time ago, I concluded that I could be the most polite, open minded person possible and still offend or piss someone off. So I stopped worrying about it. Hell, I'm sure someone is offended that this is in italics. That being said, I don't personally say anything on the forum that I wouldn't say in real life. Racial things are a definite nono. Sexual references really shouldn't bother anyone over the age of 14. Same with occasional foul language. The thing is...use them in small quantities or you start to sound like an unpleasant jerk to be around. I hope most people know me enough that I just say stupid shit to be funny. Oh shit, I said shit. I'm doomed. :o

I'm just as obnoxious in real life as I am in this place. Life's two short to give two shit what other think. Live for yourself....there's no one else more worth living for. ;)
  • Like 1

I'm not sure what the OP is referring to, but I do have to say that racism or other forms of hate have no place here (or anywhere, for that matter). Yes, it is fine for people to have differences of opinion - that's just life. Discussions are great, and context is everything. But hate talk is not acceptable.

and I was personally offended by none of the words or comments that prompted the thread

what irks me most is the arbitrary double standard of what is and what is not 'offensive/censored' here

imo this arbitrary line is childish and silly, and though 99% of this forum - and my time here - is spent passively and enjoyably, sometimes that 1% needs a voice

I've vented, everyone's moved on - the company line shall remain arbitrary, childish and silly

How about instead of complaining about the way this forum is run you go and start your own Rush forum and run it the way you think a forum should be ran. While you are setting it up you may feel free to ask me any questions you like and I will help you as best I can. When you have it all ready to go, come back here and tell everyone that you're open for business. Let everyone decide for themselves and if your way really is better then soon your forum will be outperforming this one. I promise you I am not being a smartass at all, I am 100% serious.

a moment's inequity here certainly doesn't require such extreme action

I know the double standards will continue here, but the more members that know that's how administration runs the ship, the better chance things have for refinement and progress

knowledge is power

But you seem to think "STUPIDITY is POWER!" You're sounding more and more like the "ghostworks" I used to know at Counterparts RMB, ya know? Consider me one of the people your 'opinions' will not 'suck me in' to agreeing with you!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20skipping%20rope.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan

Don't forget about SOCN!

Don't forget about SOCN!

:eyeroll: There's nothing wrong with SOCN. I've learned a lot banging heads with others in there. :) Edited by ILSnwdog
  • Like 4

Hard to ignore a huge festering pustule.

Don't forget about SOCN!

I wouldn't know. I haven't been in there, and you can't see it which it sounds like a good idea.

• Like 2

How about instead of complaining about the way this forum is run you go and start your own Rush forum and run it the way you think a forum should be ran. While you are setting it up you may feel free to ask me any questions you like and I will help you as best I can. When you have it all ready to go, come back here and tell everyone that you're open for business. Let everyone decide for themselves and if your way really is better then soon your forum will be outperforming this one. I promise you I am not being a smartass at all, I am 100% serious.

a moment's inequity here certainly doesn't require such extreme action

I know the double standards will continue here, but the more members that know that's how administration runs the ship, the better chance things have for refinement and progress

knowledge is power

I was honestly hoping for a better response from you than that.

It's action, pardner. Action, not words, solves problems. Regardless, my offer to help will stand indefinitely.

Don't forget about SOCN!

:eyeroll: There's nothing wrong with SOCN. I've learned a lot banging heads with others in there. :)

Yeah don't knock it if you haven't tried it honey. We may throw sharp elbows and get loud on occasion but for the most part It is sharp conversation among deverse views. We don't have safe spaces, trigger warnings or micro aggressions yet enjoy each other's company.

• Like 1