Favorite Vocalists

Bigbobby10

Geddy Lee, Jack Blades, Anthony Kiedis, Rob Halford, Dennis DeYoung, Joe Elliot, Alex Gaskarth, Eric Bloom, Billy Joe Armstong, Brad Delp, R.J. Dio.

How could I forget Billy Corgan?

How could I have forgotten Brad Delp and Phil Collins

The beauty of Phil's voice is apparent on Carpert Crawlers. When he comes in with "Mild mannered supermen...", it just takes that song to another level. And Brad Delp...just, wow. The intro vocals on Something About You...
  • Like 2

Bruce Dickinson x 1000000000

John Bush

Glenn Hughes

Eric Martin

Corey Glover

Eddie Vedder

Glenn Hughes! I never knew he was so old...once again you somehow reminded me to check out his past work!

• Like 1

Myles Kennedy (Slash, with Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators)

Just tidied that up for you. ;)

Eugh no. Myles sounds awful with Slash, everything that makes him such a modern great is ruined by Slash's obvious insistence he has a Axl-replicant every gig he plays.

Fans of Myles since his days in The Mayfield Four through to Alter Bridge know what suits him best. Plus, his unreleased solo album apparently has a lot of blues and soul influence, this shrill 80's hair metal thing he has going on with Slash is thankfully only one aspect of his talent.

Not one single song written with Slash measures up to the likes of Blackbird or Wonderful Life.

Myles Kennedy (Slash, with Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators)

Just tidied that up for you. ;)

Eugh no. Myles sounds awful with Slash, everything that makes him such a modern great is ruined by Slash's obvious insistence he has a Axl-replicant every gig he plays.

Fans of Myles since his days in The Mayfield Four through to Alter Bridge know what suits him best. Plus, his unreleased solo album apparently has a lot of blues and soul influence, this shrill 80's hair metal thing he has going on with Slash is thankfully only one aspect of his talent.

Not one single song written with Slash measures up to the likes of Blackbird or Wonderful Life.

I disagree. I've never heard the The Mayfield Four stuff though. Alter Bridge is like having a hard boiled egg and plain white toast for breakfast. I like it, but there's nothing special about it.

It's all good what side of his voice/career you prefer! The dude is diverse, and I definitely think it is a compliment to his versatility that he has wide support for both major (and different) sides of his career!

Slash is not for me, never has been. I prefer Myles and Tremonti's work. I think they play off each other with style.

• Like 1

Matt Heafy from Trivium has a very distinctive tone. Love his cleans and his screams!

Also really adore Rihanna. Her voice can be an ugly, harsh mess (but intentionally), or hypnotic and otherworldly. Admire her a lot.

Since I'm now into metal:

In rough order of favoritude

Rob Halford

Ozzy Osborne

Dave Mustaine

Bruce Dickenson

Joey Belladonna

Dio

The guy from Queensryche

occasionally James Hetfield...

Aretha

/thread

No seriously there are a lot of great singers out there but my God she was unreal in her heyday. I also love

Ann Wilson

Daltrey

Halford

Dickinson

Lennon

McCartney

Henley (underrated singer)

Al Green

Marvin Gaye

Benetar

etc.

etc.