Clockwork Angels

Na na na

Not surprising that those who like Clockwork Angels would post in this thread and those who love to bash it come here to put in their 2 cents. This just like the VT threads of a couple of years ago, so many people getting riled up because it was either the worst thing Rush did or was a triumph because the band got back together. As Neil would say plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose (more things change, the more they stay the same).

Rush has such a varied catalog that we all have our favorites, it is threads like this where we can discuss their merits or what we dislike, doesn't make it wrong. So relax and have a cupcake :LOLsign:

• Like 4

I'd go with Goose, can live without all those songs in the middle; Carnies, The Wreckers, 7 Cities of Gold and Headlong Flight. Headlong Flight sounds more like Headlong Fight, to me it's a mess, starts off great.

Not surprising that those who like Clockwork Angels would post in this thread and those who love to bash it come here to put in their 2 cents. This just like the VT threads of a couple of years ago, so many people getting riled up because it was either the worst thing Rush did or was a triumph because the band got back together. As Neil would say plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose (more things change, the more they stay the same).

Rush has such a varied catalog that we all have our favorites, it is threads like this where we can discuss their merits or what we dislike, doesn't make it wrong. So relax and have a cupcake :LOLsign:

Totally agree with your post here.

You also get extra points for including the proper accent marks (the cedille and the...carat? I don't know the French word for that one) in the French words of that quote from Circumstances. How did you do that??

(Je ne prends pas des accents a mon clavier!). :( :rage:

:)

• Like 1

Agree that it is good to discuss differences. Only issue is a few seem to take disagreement very personally.

• Like 1

You also get extra points for including the proper accent marks (the cedille and the...carat?

Accent circonflex (circumflex in English).

• Like 2

Remember when Spaghetti used to refer to it as "Crapwank Arseholes"?!!

:LOL:!!

I actually interviewed the real Spaghetti Lee...it was fun

Video or it never happened.

Part III? :cool:

• Like 2

Honest...his wife/girlfriend as well. I actually asked her how long it took to get her hair done

Honest...his wife/girlfriend as well. I actually asked her how long it took to get her hair done

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/man%20women_zpsbzzcgylq.jpg

• Like 6

You really want that list? I'll write it up for you. It will be a long one.

Yep, I do really want that list.

My list is up. Has been for days.

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/93956-the-synth-era-essential-greatness/#entry3588613

You also get extra points for including the proper accent marks (the cedille and the...carat? I don't know the French word for that one) in the French words of that quote from Circumstances. How did you do that??

(Je ne prends pas des accents a mon clavier!). :( :rage:

:)

I did it the easy way, cut and paste :laughing guy: Yes most keyboards don't have those accent keys, I can only see the ~ on mine :)

• Like 1

You also get extra points for including the proper accent marks (the cedille and the...carat?

Circonflex! That's it!

Learned that for the first time when I was thirteen years old...after five years of French instruction through high school and college, you'd think I might remember it, but... :huh:

:codger:

• Like 1

Circonflex! That's it!

Learned that for the first time when I was thirteen years old...after five years of French instruction through high school and college, you'd think I might remember it, but... :huh:

This little conversation is stimulating

• Like 1

Circonflex! That's it!

This little conversation is stimulating

I'm always happy to be of service.

• Like 1

Circonflex! That's it!

I grew up with a French speaking mother, but she stopped teaching me French when I was three, and I never learned it :rage: So I don't remember much more than that.

The most overrated Rush album by far. A few good songs, the rest is meh or decent at best.

I like the concept and return to epic storytelling but I get about a minute into the songs and lose interest once Geddy and his aging voice kick in and skip to the next track. I appreciate the effort they clearly made for CA,but seems to me that Rush is way better at coming up with riffs and parts but not so good at making them into cohesive memorable songs. And there are so many songs that I can't understand a single word Geddy is singing. There's a part in the title track where he sounds like he's singing though a speaker phone (like the verses in the studio How It Is) and it's pretty offputting.

"Lean not upon your own understanding, ignorance is well and truly blessed. Trust in perfect love and perfect planning and everything will turn out for the best..."

I wasn't sure what it was at first either but I do love this part of the song.

Circonflex! That's it!

I grew up with a French speaking mother, but she stopped teaching me French when I was three, and I never learned it :rage: So I don't remember much more than that.

My kids will say that about me in regards to Spanish.

Circonflex! That's it!

My kids will say that about me in regards to Spanish.

I was in Mexico three months ago, and with the few Spanish words and phrases that I used with the locals, a bunch of them thought I spook the language, fluently. :huh: But I don't...

...yet.

• Like 1

The most overrated Rush album by far. A few good songs, the rest is meh or decent at best.

I like the concept and return to epic storytelling but I get about a minute into the songs and lose interest once Geddy and his aging voice kick in and skip to the next track. I appreciate the effort they clearly made for CA,but seems to me that Rush is way better at coming up with riffs and parts but not so good at making them into cohesive memorable songs. And there are so many songs that I can't understand a single word Geddy is singing. There's a part in the title track where he sounds like he's singing though a speaker phone (like the verses in the studio How It Is) and it's pretty offputting.

"Lean not upon your own understanding, ignorance is well and truly blessed. Trust in perfect love and perfect planning and everything will turn out for the best..."

I wasn't sure what it was at first either but I do love this part of the song.

The part they go into immediately after this is gorgeous, the way they sort of "clean up" Ged's vocals