New Muse song - Psycho, new album Drones coming out in June

A commenter pointed out that they really need to get off the anti-government subject matter because it'd be nice for them to explore new themes. I agree.

The riff in the song is good, the drill sergeant clearly sucks ass (the asses that are "his"), the lyrics are terrible (dude, cussing, lol!), the Marilyn Manson-ness of it all makes me want to kill myself...

This song's no real foretelling of whether this album will be good or not, but I don't have my hopes up.

I would like this post múltiple times if The forum allowed it. Spot on!!!

Edited by Rod in Rio
  • Like 2

Whats wrong with the drill sergeant everyone? Besides the blatant politics they are bringing into the song, I find it to be a great interlude in between each of the song's sections. Also heads up to whoever asked, yes the drill sergeant is in the actual track on the album (I assume) because the track that precedes it is called Drill Sergeant

As stated before, it ruins the pacing. It adds nothing good to the song, it simply isn't musical.

There's been a lot of bad spoken bits added into songs the past two years I've noticed (with the bands I like anyway), and in some cases it only serves to ruin what otherwise would have been a good song.

The only recent (recent enough...) song I can think of which is enhanced by it's spoken bit is Honor Thy Father

http://youtu.be/UqLRqzTp6Rk

Well I'm definitely happier with the Absolution-style direction they're going back to after going too weird on 2nd Law. Not a bad song!

This is absolute shit. Is this a Twisted Sister video for the modern day drone goth zombies?

What a fuckking joke.

Same fuckking drum beat in every song. I am so done with this cliche.

Used to love this band. Pure Pop Junk.

Dee Snider for President! "I WANNA ROCK!"

Wait! "WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT!"

f**k MUSE!

SELL OUT BOREDOM EMO COCK ROCK! THREE CHORD BORED!

• Like 2

Well I'm definitely happier with the Absolution-style direction they're going back to after going too weird on 2nd Law. Not a bad song!

This is absolute shit. Is this a Twisted Sister video for the modern day drone goth zombies?

What a fuckking joke.

f**k MUSE!

And here I was afraid you were going to like it! :LOL:

Edited by Mr. Not

What a fuckking joke.

f**k MUSE!

And here I was afraid you were going to like it! :LOL:

Hahaha! I was up real late last night after seeing a Y&T concert. Maybe I was too hasty in my judgement. Don't get me wrong, I love this band the song just sounds like all of the rest of the songs off their last couple of albums.

I saw them in Oakland about three years ago. They were incredible.

• Like 1

After further review, this song doesn't do it for me. Can we blame Kate Hudson? :huh: :LOL:

Every group lays an egg now and then. I still am a Muse fan. They kicked @ss when I saw them in Toronto.

I would venture to say any group, celebrity, sports team/star, and even politician has at least a 50 % dislike factor. Muse is no different. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

Don't let one song determine a whole album. Undisclosed Desires was one of the worst songs I've ever heard but the rest of that album was pretty good to my ears. The tour supporting that album was the most astounding and ostentatious concerts I've ever seen. I'll reserve judgement until the whole album can be heard.

I blame Kate Hudson for that song too. Maybe now that she's out of the picture they (Muse) can get back to having a harder edge.

• Like 1

Don't let one song determine a whole album. Undisclosed Desires was one of the worst songs I've ever heard but the rest of that album was pretty good to my ears. The tour supporting that album was the most astounding and ostentatious concerts I've ever seen. I'll reserve judgement until the whole album can be heard.

I blame Kate Hudson for that song too. Maybe now that she's out of the picture they (Muse) can get back to having a harder edge.

The first singles from Black Holes & Revelations and The Resistance were trash too, while the respective albums were good.

Edited by Mr. Not

Kate Hudson is a modern day Yoko Ono indeed...The Black Crowes were never the same after she started dating Chris Robinson. And now Muse seems more and more distant from their better days, judging by the new single.

Earl is right, the drum pattern is exactly the same as Uprising and a bunch of their other songs!

• Like 1

After further review, this song doesn't do it for me. Can we blame Kate Hudson? :huh: :LOL:

Every group lays an egg now and then. I still am a Muse fan. They kicked @ss when I saw them in Toronto.

I would venture to say any group, celebrity, sports team/star, and even politician has at least a 50 % dislike factor. Muse is no different. Just my opinion.

Well stated!

Kate Hudson is a modern day Yoko Ono indeed...The Black Crowes were never the same after she started dating Chris Robinson. And now Muse seems more and more distant from their better days, judging by the new single.

Earl is right, the drum pattern is exactly the same as Uprising and a bunch of their other songs!

Yoko Ono is the Devil with a vagina. No human comes close to her filth.

Yoko destroyed the Beatles and wrecked Julian Lennon.

So Kate is the new Yoko? No Way!!! Kate is talented and good looking. Yoko has zero talent and is one of the ugliest people on the planet. Inside and out.

Sorry JMO

Only two women on the planet I don't like. Yoko and Hilary.

Day 5: this song still isn't good.

i can say that for the band. they've lost their spark for me.

Mick

This. They used to be one of my favorite bands but they've gone steadily downhill since BHaR.

This song would be decent if it weren't for those cringeworthy lyrics. At least it's not dubstep though.

• Like 1

Mick

This. They used to be one of my favorite bands but they've gone steadily downhill since BHaR.

This song would be decent if it weren't for those cringeworthy lyrics. At least it's not dubstep though.

Coming soon, "Drones" - the new album from Muse

"At least it's not dubstep!"

• Like 3

Black Holes is the album that hooked me and Absolution sealed it. I like The Resistance. I was cool initially to The 2nd Law and now absolutely love that album. It has lot;s of brilliance on it. And live those tunes were incredible...just incredible.

One of the best live bands I have ever seen.....and I have probably seen well over 100 bands live in my life thus far.

This new tune is decent. I expect a great album as always though. One of the very best rock bands in the world right now.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 2

Mick

That's too bad Mick. I still think they are great and live are a joy to see. Not too many major rock acts I can say that about these days.

Please Steve Wilson....Please get Porcupine Tree back together for one last go around!

The moment i knew i was finished with them probably for good was on the 2nd Law.. Madness. That horrible Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-MAAAD MAAAAD MAAAD.

bye idiots, lol

Mick

I absolutely LOVE that song!

I had lost interest in Muse. Actually thought they were rubbish.

Then that song came out and I was hooked! The 2nd Law is my second favourite Muse album! And Th 2nd Law: Unsustainable, the most dub-step influenced track, is a beast, both on record and live.

• Like 1

The moment i knew i was finished with them probably for good was on the 2nd Law.. Madness. That horrible Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-MAAAD MAAAAD MAAAD.

bye idiots, lol

Mick

Then that song came out and I was hooked! The 2nd Law is my second favourite Muse album! And Th 2nd Law: Unsustainable, the most dub-step influenced track, is a beast, both on record and live.

Live the 2nd Law tunes were incredible. Especially Madness, Unsustainable (which opened the show) and The 2nd Law which was super intense live really come through better in that setting. Animals...I could go on and on about how good the 2nd Law came across live.

They are a live band all the way. I thought Madness was meh on the CD...and it started to grow on me. But after seeing it live it blew me away.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 2

bye idiots, lol

Mick

Live the 2nd Law tunes were incredible. Especially Madness, Unsustainable (which opened the show) and The 2nd Law which was super intense live really come through better in that setting. Animals...I could go on and on about how good the 2nd Law came across live.

They are a live band all the way. I thought Madness was meh on the CD...and it started to grow on me. But after seeing it live it blew me away.

I actually applaud a rock band that has the balls to toy around with a genre such as dubstep, and to use it to construct really intelligent sounds and wonderful songs!

Tge 2nd Law is a fantastic album, and proof that Muse do what they want, leaving fans behind and making new fans as they go along.

Not to dissimilar to what was going on with Rush, Queen and Yes in the eighties to be honest.

• Like 2

bye idiots, lol

Mick

I actually applaud a rock band that has the balls to toy around with a genre such as dubstep, and to use it to construct really intelligent sounds and wonderful songs!

Tge 2nd Law is a fantastic album, and proof that Muse do what they want, leaving fans behind and making new fans as they go along.

Not to dissimilar to what was going on with Rush, Queen and Yes in the eighties to be honest.

Spot on man. I love when bands experiment (and some have failed for me like Radiohead post Ok Computer). And Muse has been a natural progression from the riff laden Origin Of Symmetry to The 2nd Law. Each album going farther, exploring new sounds and rhythms. That is the definition of progressive rock music to me. Muse has plenty of Rush influence in them (as well as Queen and some others). It's great.

Porcupine Tree was the exact same process. From their early heady ethereal music on Sky Moves Sideways and Signify, to the more tighter melodic tunes on Lightbulb Sun and Stupid Dream to the brilliance and heavy riffing of In Absentia - The Incident. I love that band because they were always reaching higher.

The end result is subjective. But the process and desire to create different sounds is the heart and soul of progressive rock.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 2