Traveling to see Rush?

L. Wince

QUOTE (Digitallware @ Feb 6 2011, 01:34 AM)
Like 30 minutes to Madison Square Garden yay!

And you call yourself a "fan..." rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Just kidding...I wish it was only 30 minutes to a Rush gig for me! wink.gif

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Feb 6 2011, 01:01 AM)

Hey, luck's luck! Took fifteen minutes to go from my house to the venue last year. Really nice. And I felt kind of special since my high school is just a couple blocks away. laugh.gif

I'd travel to K.C. if I had to and Chicago if I could, but down the street is really convenient on a school night.

We traveled roughly 100 miles from Beatrice NE to see Rush in Omaha last year. Didnt really think to consider that traveling since its in the same state, but hey, its still quite a drive.

I am pumped to go to Chicago, especially now that there's a very good chance we will get to be on the floor. SWEET!

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Feb 6 2011, 02:01 AM)

Unless I make a significant move, I will ALWAYS be VERY far from a Rush Gig. confused13.gif

Traveling to the Vancouver show from Puget Sound... 165 miles or so. Then to the Gorge 2 days later which is 150 miles. We are staying in a hotel the second trip but I hear that there will be a big campfire jam at the Gorge Camping area after the show... cool.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Feb 6 2011, 03:21 AM)
Unless I make a significant move, I will ALWAYS be VERY far from a Rush Gig.  confused13.gif

I hear that Idaho is a well-kept North American secret... all first-hand accounts that I have heard is that Idaho is god's country. So very beautiful and the residents very well grounded, so I am told. Many moons ago, I knew a guy from Idaho and he was the salt of the earth.

I'd love to visit Idaho!

I have traveled to Cleveland (Blossom), Baltimore , Detroit (Joe) via airplane and stayed overnight.

I have also driven multiple hours to Charlotte , Atlanta and NJ.

I have also seen Rush close to where I was living in Raleigh, Jones Beach, NVMC, MSG, and LA.

For many of the travels I chose venues where the better seats could be had at more reasonable prices from Ticket Brokers. For example 1st row in Baltimore for VT was little over $300 and 2nd Row at Blossom (R30?) was under $300.

The better seats can be had for less outside of NY, Boston, Chicago etc.

This tour going to see them in Greensboro

I liked Idaho when I went there back in 1993. We spent a night in Pocatello. Very nice place.

Anyhow, back to the main topic, I am SO tempted to go to Ft. Lauderdale to see Rush this time. I saw them in Tampa when they came here last year. The place was sold out- wonder how many people traveled from far away to see Rush. Wonder if anyone flew to FL to see Rush as well. If it were not on a weeknight and I did not have to do so many programs every.single.day at work, I would certainly take a couple days off to see Rush again.

From my house, it's about a two-hour drive to the show. My friend drives a bit on the fast side! The two hours flies by because we talk and talk and listen to Rush. It's nice. We always drive back after the show. I've never camped at the gorge.

The extra time helps build excitement about the show.

QUOTE (IChoseFreeWill @ Feb 6 2011, 11:59 AM)
I liked Idaho when I went there back in 1993. We spent a night in Pocatello. Very nice place.

Anyhow, back to the main topic, I am SO tempted to go to Ft. Lauderdale to see Rush this time. I saw them in Tampa when they came here last year. The place was sold out- wonder how many people traveled from far away to see Rush. Wonder if anyone flew to FL to see Rush as well. If it were not on a weeknight and I did not have to do so many programs every.single.day at work, I would certainly take a couple days off to see Rush again.

Pocatello is about 110 miles east of where I live.

Where I live in Idaho is no great shakes. But, go north and you got yourself some gorgeous country. yes.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Feb 6 2011, 10:08 AM)

Where I live in Idaho is no great shakes. But, go north and you got yourself some gorgeous country. yes.gif

Rushchick I'll be passin' thru your neck of the woods on Wednesday on my way to McCall for 2 weeks.. Never been in that area of Idaho, love Salmon ID..

trink39.gif

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Feb 6 2011, 03:57 PM)
QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Feb 6 2011, 10:08 AM)

Rushchick I'll be passin' thru your neck of the woods on Wednesday on my way to McCall for 2 weeks.. Never been in that area of Idaho, love Salmon ID..

trink39.gif

Cool, drive safe! Roads seem to be pretty decent lately...no major storms since Christmas. trink39.gif

QUOTE (summer_sky @ Feb 5 2011, 09:17 PM)
okey dokey... will keep an eye on the Hershey thread to see what shakin'.
And, feel free to message me as we get closer to the show date, too.
It'd be cool to meet up with TRF members smile.gif

Will do! smile.gif

I'm going to the June 14th show in El Paso, TX, which is not too far from where I live.

I live in Albuquerque, NM, and that's about a five hour drive. So, we'd have to leave about 10 or earlier, since the show is at 7:30.

But, yes, I am very excited already.

Traveling to Hershey...maybe 5 miles! z7shysterical.gif

I traveled to Allentown last summer, that's about 50-60 miles....Other years I traveled to Scranton which is 100.

I used to have to travel to Philly since they never came here...but have been lucky...

About time they play Hershey again! icon_alienjig.gif

Instead of driving for huge distances could you not get a train instead? I usually use the train around the Uk when im there but I suppose the US could be different with train lines ect