What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

14632958_10205750747407351_7601922782727565034_n.jpg?oh=1e58f43879675c41ac1a0c448323b3a1&oe=5862A13E

Seeing this picture of home. Four weeks into a six-week road trip, I'm beginning to miss Nevada. Good to know that it's still beautiful!

That is quite pretty. And it's funny you said that, because I was wondering if either you or the lad were getting homesick. That's a long trip, especially for a little guy!

Yeah...it's still fun, but I'll be glad when we're home. Still lots to see though...Like Disney's Epcot ...and Goatnut, Tennessee! :dweez:
  • Like 3

Having a good time where I didn't expect to.

Seeing, reading people's interactions with ideas and what I wrote. :)

Nice!

What'd you write? :hail:

A huge post about Rush when I was asked what keeps me going on my personal appreciation.

...and other special stuff.

I won't post these because they're personal. :)

Thanks for asking.

Edited by rhyv
  • Like 2

Little Harrington. Fed him some bird food. Gamekeeper says mince, cat food, bread boiled eggs are all good stuff for him. Penny doesn't go in the one hedge so I will leave him some of that under that hedge. So glad he's around to stay :dweez:
  • Like 1

Cleaned my rain gutters prior to tomorrow's storm.

(Damn, if that made my day then that means I'm an adult :codger: )

Good for you, though; that is a pain in the butt job at our house!

• Like 1

Successfully negotiated my first raise ever, and was cleared for a lengthy winter vacation. Further, my boss told me I've been doing a great job, and that I am developing well professionally.

And further than that, another, heftier raise is scheduled when I'm brought on as salaried in a month. Rough numbers were discussed.

It was a good afternoon!

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 6

Successfully negotiated my first raise ever, and was cleared for a lengthy winter vacation. Further, my boss told me I've been doing a great job, and that I am developing well professionally.

And further than that, another, heftier raise is scheduled when I'm brought on as salaried in a month. Rough numbers were discussed.

It was a good afternoon!

Congrats! Sounds like that was one awesome afternoon!

• Like 1

It was a good afternoon!

Sounds like. Good for you, and congratulations! :cheers:

It was a good afternoon!

TOG, you're exercising your practical thoughts. One of your best features.

:cheers:

Edited by rhyv
  • Like 1

ok, a day late as this happened yesterday, but here goes:

I had to come back home after going to work because a package that was supposed to be delivered to work came to my house - and a signature was required ..

I figured that since I was right here at home, I'd go in and say HI to my dog, and bring some other CDs in the car ..

Anyways, while I was walking to my car to return to work, I hear "Excuse me, sir " and I saw a girl in a medical transport type van pulled to the side of the road across from my house ....

She looked exasperated, and asked "What town is this" ( usually a bad sign lol ) .... She said that her phone had died, and she has no idea where she is, or, how to get back ... At this point, she was in tears ..

I reassured her that no matter what, within an hour she would be back home or at least in familiar surroundings ..

She was trying to get back to Newark .. not only an hour and 20 minute ride from my house, but also a bunch of small roads and strange merges onto a few different highways ....

I reassured here that there was nothing to worry about, and to "follow me" ... I told her that I would point her to Rt 287, after which she would see signs for Rt 78 which would take her to Newark ......

I get in my car, she turns the van around and our parade begins, very slowly ..

We go down Main St, and when I begin to merge right onto a smaller highway, I see that she is continuing straight to a traffic light that will only allow left turns ..

I then realized the seriousness of this situation :D

I pull over, and see her making all kinds or illegal turns to get back behind me ..... When she pulls up next to me with a look of horror on her face, I said "ok, we're both going back to Newark .. I'll go slow, and just follow me" .. then I asked "Where in Newark ??" .. she said Broad St ..

So just over an hour later, traveling 35 MPH in the far right lane of Rt 78 ( with its 65 MPH speed limit ) we see the exits to Newark ....

We take the Broad Street exit and I pull over ... She pulls next to me, rolls the window down and say "God bless you"

I got back on Rt 78 - this time, heading west - with tears in my eyes

• Like 6

I had to come back home after going to work because a package that was supposed to be delivered to work came to my house - and a signature was required ..

I figured that since I was right here at home, I'd go in and say HI to my dog, and bring some other CDs in the car ..

Anyways, while I was walking to my car to return to work, I hear "Excuse me, sir " and I saw a girl in a medical transport type van pulled to the side of the road across from my house ....

She looked exasperated, and asked "What town is this" ( usually a bad sign lol ) .... She said that her phone had died, and she has no idea where she is, or, how to get back ... At this point, she was in tears ..

I reassured her that no matter what, within an hour she would be back home or at least in familiar surroundings ..

She was trying to get back to Newark .. not only an hour and 20 minute ride from my house, but also a bunch of small roads and strange merges onto a few different highways ....

I reassured here that there was nothing to worry about, and to "follow me" ... I told her that I would point her to Rt 287, after which she would see signs for Rt 78 which would take her to Newark ......

We go down Main St, and when I begin to merge right onto a smaller highway, I see that she is continuing straight to a traffic light that will only allow left turns ..

I pull over, and see her making all kinds or illegal turns to get back behind me ..... When she pulls up next to me with a look of horror on her face, I said "ok, we're both going back to Newark .. I'll go slow, and just follow me" .. then I asked "Where in Newark ??" .. she said Broad St ..

So just over an hour later, traveling 35 MPH in the far right lane of Rt 78 ( with its 65 MPH speed limit ) we see the exits to Newark ....

We take the Broad Street exit and I pull over ... She pulls next to me, rolls the window down and say "God bless you"

That's my New Jersey! :)

And she couldn't have happened upon a kinder soul to help her out! :cheers:

• Like 2

That's my New Jersey! :)

And she couldn't have happened upon a kinder soul to help her out! :cheers:

:D

Thanks Lorraine

As you know, there is something special about NJ

( all the crazy people here :D

• Like 2

:goodone: :notworthy: :notworthy: You are awesome, Lucas!

• Like 1

I'm in Portland and got to spend the day with one of my best and oldest friends (we met in 1993), then the two of us visited another old mutual friend (met her in 1994), and topped it off by seeing Ghost again in concert.
  • Like 5