What is your most hated movie?

• Please log in to reply
288 replies to this topic

#21 GeddyRulz

GeddyRulz

The Grammar Police

• Members *
  • 17345 posts
  • Interests:Unicycling, Internet surfing, TV and movies, Health and fitness, writing, reading, hard rock, classic rock, progressive rock, 80s New Wave, classical, jazz, sunshine pop, space age bachelor pad music.

Posted 31 March 2007 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (goose @ Mar 31 2007, 02:15 PM)
Pluto Nash. Thread officially re-opened.

How about the Bill Cosby movie "Leonard, Part Six"?  I heard he fought like hell to keep it from being released.

Sponsored Post

#22 softfilter

softfilter

The Professor

• Members
  • 3677 posts
  • Interests:Reading mostly military history & local Ohio history. Riding mountain bike on Ohio/Erie canal trail. Discovering new micro brews!

Posted 31 March 2007 - 11:55 PM

Theres plenty of them, But one I suffered thru close to 4hrs was "Gods and Generals"  War is hell and so was watching this tedious  garbage should of been a ABC mini series . schla03.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  

#23 alphseeker

alphseeker

Between The Two Wheels

• Members *
  • 8427 posts
  • Interests:All Things Cycling

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:39 AM

Every Steven Segal and Claude Van Dumb movie ever made -  

#24 steelcaressed

steelcaressed

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4014 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 03:50 AM

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Apr 1 2007, 02:39 AM)
Every Steven Segal and Claude Van Dumb movie ever made -

trink39.gif  

#25 rushgoober

rushgoober

Vapor Troll

• Members
  • 29999 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:37 AM

The worst movie I ever sat through is one that a lot of people love.

I remember seeing this movie with my sister and a friend of hers.  I was about 21 and her and her friend were around 16.  To me it was the worst crime a movie could commit, which is a personal pet peeve of mine, and that is when a movie is intentionally emotionally manipulative, trying to get you to cry because of melodramatic contrived attempts to pull at your heartstrings (E.T. anyone?).

Anyway, so I'm watching this movie and not ony is it incredibly emotionally manipulative, but the characters were BEYOND stupid, just agonizingly stupid people, which is another thing in movies I can't stand - unrealistic horrendously stupid characters.

So I'm watching this movie, an intensely painful experience, and I look over at my sister and her friend and they're bawling.  I was like, give me a f*cking break, but I kept my mouth shut.

Easily the worst movie I've ever seen.  What a piece of garbage!

Oh yeah, the movie was...

Edward Scissorhands  062802puke_prv.gif  

#26 Mustard Death

Mustard Death

*Explodes*

• Members *
  • 5669 posts
  • Interests:life.

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 1 2007, 10:37 AM)

I remember seeing this movie with my sister and a friend of hers.  I was about 21 and her and her friend were around 16.  To me it was the worst crime a movie could commit, which is a personal pet peeve of mine, and that is when a movie is intentionally emotionally manipulative, trying to get you to cry because of melodramatic contrived attempts to pull at your heartstrings (E.T. anyone?).

Anyway, so I'm watching this movie and not ony is it incredibly emotionally manipulative, but the characters were BEYOND stupid, just agonizingly stupid people, which is another thing in movies I can't stand - unrealistic horrendously stupid characters.

So I'm watching this movie, an intensely painful experience, and I look over at my sister and her friend and they're bawling.  I was like, give me a f*cking break, but I kept my mouth shut.

Try Big Fish. It's my favourite, and one of the only Tim Burton films I enjoyed.

#27 Mustard Death

Mustard Death

*Explodes*

• Members *
  • 5669 posts
  • Interests:life.

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:43 AM

Well... The Resident Evil movies for sure. I guess they're not all THAT bad, but since I was an RE fan, I was expecting the movies to at least TRY and be at all related to, you know... Actual Resident Evil stuff.

Oh well.

Oh, and The Guardian bored me to death. Don't ever try watching it.

#28 rushgoober

rushgoober

Vapor Troll

• Members
  • 29999 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Apr 1 2007, 07:42 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 1 2007, 10:37 AM)

I remember seeing this movie with my sister and a friend of hers.  I was about 21 and her and her friend were around 16.  To me it was the worst crime a movie could commit, which is a personal pet peeve of mine, and that is when a movie is intentionally emotionally manipulative, trying to get you to cry because of melodramatic contrived attempts to pull at your heartstrings (E.T. anyone?).

So I'm watching this movie, an intensely painful experience, and I look over at my sister and her friend and they're bawling.  I was like, give me a f*cking break, but I kept my mouth shut.

Easily the worst movie I've ever seen.  What a piece of garbage!

Edward Scissorhands  062802puke_prv.gif

Try Big Fish. It's my favourite, and one of the only Tim Burton films I enjoyed.

I liked Big Fish and I liked Ed Wood.

Most of his movies that I've seen I hate though.

#29 GeddyRulz

GeddyRulz

The Grammar Police

• Members *
  • 17345 posts
  • Interests:Unicycling, Internet surfing, TV and movies, Health and fitness, writing, reading, hard rock, classic rock, progressive rock, 80s New Wave, classical, jazz, sunshine pop, space age bachelor pad music.

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 1 2007, 09:37 AM)

Given your description, I thought for sure you were going to say "Titanic."

I hated the first half, with its cliched love story; the lovers had stupid, obvious dialogue throughout.  It got good in the second half, when the ship began to sink; good effects.  

Fans of Leo were upset he didn't get an Oscar nomination, but I think the film got what it deserved: wins for special effects and picture, but none for acting.  Leo's performance was nothing special; he phoned it in.  

#30 The Rocinante

The Rocinante

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 5905 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 02:09 PM

Worst Movie? Probably this one low budget C movie called Alien 51 (starring Heidi Fleiss  ohmy.gif  scared.gif ). As a horror movie, it's terrible, but it's probably the funniest movie I've ever seen.

For feature films, I'd have to go with Alone in the Dark or maybe Cheerleader Ninjas.

#31 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 54050 posts
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 01 April 2007 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE (skyswing @ Mar 31 2007, 04:56 PM)
I'm usually pretty easy on people who create things, like movies, but I'd say two of my least favorite movies are "Wing Commander" and "Mars Attacks!"

I love "Mars Attacks".

ph34r.gif  

#32 RockTheCradle

RockTheCradle

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 04:21 PM

Um, just about anything appearing on Sci-Fi on a weekend afternoon would qualify.

#33 rushgoober

rushgoober

Vapor Troll

• Members
  • 29999 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 1 2007, 09:54 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 1 2007, 09:37 AM)

I remember seeing this movie with my sister and a friend of hers.  I was about 21 and her and her friend were around 16.  To me it was the worst crime a movie could commit, which is a personal pet peeve of mine, and that is when a movie is intentionally emotionally manipulative, trying to get you to cry because of melodramatic contrived attempts to pull at your heartstrings (E.T. anyone?).

So I'm watching this movie, an intensely painful experience, and I look over at my sister and her friend and they're bawling.  I was like, give me a f*cking break, but I kept my mouth shut.

Easily the worst movie I've ever seen.  What a piece of garbage!

Edward Scissorhands  062802puke_prv.gif

Given your description, I thought for sure you were going to say "Titanic."

I hated the first half, with its cliched love story; the lovers had stupid, obvious dialogue throughout.  It got good in the second half, when the ship began to sink; good effects.  

Fans of Leo were upset he didn't get an Oscar nomination, but I think the film got what it deserved: wins for special effects and picture, but none for acting.  Leo's performance was nothing special; he phoned it in.

I love Titanic.  ph34r.gif  

#34 steelcaressed

steelcaressed

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4014 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 07:20 PM

The Terror of Tiny Town.  

BadMovies.org  

Enjoy!   trink39.gif  

#35 steelcaressed

steelcaressed

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4014 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 07:21 PM

Oh yeah.  

The Summer of Sam.  

That was a criminal act, Spike Lee.  

#36 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 54050 posts
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:37 PM

Whatever the Pierce Brosnen volcano movie was...it is on my list for sure. Horrible movie.

#37 The Owl

The Owl

Gary #2

• Members *
  • 13987 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 01:22 AM

Tim Burton's stuff is all alright with me (other than the Planet of the Apes remake, awful film), but the most overrated film maker in hollywood is M. Night Shamalyan.  I cannot enjoy any of his films.  He is too overrated.

#38 willowroolz

willowroolz

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1395 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 30 2007, 11:33 AM)
QUOTE (willowroolz @ Mar 30 2007, 05:49 AM)
Pearl Harbour. Loud, tedious and moronic. Even having Kate Becksinsale in the cast couldn't save that pile of shite. Hollywood at its very worst.

Oh, and Armageddon. There's a theme here.

Yes, the theme is "Ben Affleck."  Who also starred in the most maligned movie of the past few years, "Gigli."

Actually the theme I was going with was Michael Bay, but Affleck will do  laugh.gif  

#39 rushgoober

rushgoober

Vapor Troll

• Members
  • 29999 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 06:41 AM

QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 1 2007, 11:22 PM)
Tim Burton's stuff is all alright with me (other than the Planet of the Apes remake, awful film), but the most overrated film maker in hollywood is M. Night Shamalyan.  I cannot enjoy any of his films.  He is too overrated.

I LOVE his movies and will see anything he makes.  Lady in the Water was definitely not his best, but it was still interesting.  I think he's one of the most original writers and directors out there. yes.gif

#40 GeddyRulz

GeddyRulz

The Grammar Police

• Members *
  • 17345 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 2 2007, 06:41 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 1 2007, 11:22 PM)
Tim Burton's stuff is all alright with me (other than the Planet of the Apes remake, awful film), but the most overrated film maker in hollywood is M. Night Shamalyan.  I cannot enjoy any of his films.  He is too overrated.

I LOVE his movies and will see anything he makes.  Lady in the Water was definitely not his best, but it was still interesting.  I think he's one of the most original writers and directors out there. yes.gif

yes.gif

He's our Hitchcock.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users