Your favorite DISCO song?

Texas King

Not a disco fan, but I can't deny the ridiculous skill of Nile Rodgers so I'll say Le Freak
  • Like 2

Was over on the prog archives forums recently and someone claimed Siberian Khatru is disco and doesn't belong on Close To The Edge. :huh:

Side note, I would actually go to a disco if they were playing Siberian Khatru! :haz:

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 3

Was over on the prog archives forums recently and someone claimed Siberian Khatru is disco and doesn't belong on Close To The Edge. :huh:

Side note, I would actually go to a disco if they were playing Siberian Khatru! :haz:

Close to the edge came out before disco it seems to me?

Close to the edge, in particular the live renditions on yessongs are as funky as mainstream prog has ever got. imo

non mainstream funky prog is ozric tentacles all day long for me.

• Like 1

Close to the edge came out before disco it seems to me?

Close to the edge, in particular the live renditions on yessongs are as funky as mainstream prog has ever got. imo

non mainstream funky prog is ozric tentacles all day long for me.

Howe and Squire could get pretty funky.

• Like 1

Some modern pop artists are starting to incorporate disco elements into their sound, and some do it quite well.

• Like 1

This topic made me stop and think, a bit. Disco was never my thing, but a few years back we played Rock Band on Friday's and inevitably some disco songs made it into the catalogue. I think my wife had 200 songs or so purchased when we slowed down and stopped. But...

The Bee Gees, You Should Be Dancing was a popular one to play. There is a quick trumpet :musicnote: :musicnote: :musicnote: :musicnote: :musicnote: :musicnote: :musicnote: line throughout which is get-up-and-move worthy. The singing tone and music of it is hardly my taste, but those trumpets!

And on a more R&B note, a few years ago I was hooked on Candi Staton. Any fans? I'd Rather Be An Old Man's Sweetheart is a favourite. The lines about "An old man would just be grateful to sit and talk, while a young man is

out there...doing the camel walk...".

The Camel Walk - How disco is that?

The swagger, the platform shoes, the hollywood afro, nylon bell-bottom pants, butt rising high with every other step. Dudes be Cool. To me, that sums up Disco :)

Staying Power - Queen

Dancer - Queen

Back Chat - Queen

Body Language - Queen

Action This Day - Queen

Put Out The Fire - Queen

Life Is Real (Song For Lennon) - Queen

Calling All Girls - Queen

Las Palabras De Amor - Queen

Cool Cat - Queen

Under Pressure - Queen

that's 1, right?