Just One Rush Member and Why

Lorraine

Alex by far. I know he's an avid golfer as am I and would love to play a round of golf with him. I guarantee it would be a blast. I rarely drink anymore but would make an exception for him and have a couple 19th hole pops and just talk and joke.

Geddy seems cool but a bit to serious for me.

If you asked me this years ago I probably would have said Neil but I'll pass at this point. Talk about watching paint dry...

:LOL:

Golf with Alex was the first thing that came to mind for me. You, me, Mithrandir and Alex would be a fun foursome.

• Like 1

Alex by far. I know he's an avid golfer as am I and would love to play a round of golf with him. I guarantee it would be a blast. I rarely drink anymore but would make an exception for him and have a couple 19th hole pops and just talk and joke.

Geddy seems cool but a bit to serious for me.

If you asked me this years ago I probably would have said Neil but I'll pass at this point. Talk about watching paint dry...

:LOL:

Golf with Alex was the first thing that came to mind for me. You, me, Mithrandir and Alex would be a fun foursome.

A guaranteed great time for sure. It only takes one round to get to know someone real well has been my experience...
  • Like 2

Just thinking about this question: (As we all know in our fantasies that the boys are regular lurkers here), what TRF member would they like to hang out with...........

Back to the original question. Easy for me, Alex is the reason I wanted to pick up a guitar. And as many have already pointed out, he seems so easy going and fun.

• Like 2

Just thinking about this question: (As we all know in our fantasies that the boys are regular lurkers here), what TRF member would they like to hang out with...........

Alex and Geddy probably already told Neil how much fun it was to hang out with Earl (and Rod) on the train trip. Guessing Neil is feeling left out and longing for the opportunity to play a duel drum solo with him.

• Like 2

Alex and Geddy probably already told Neil how much fun it was to hang out with Earl (and Rod) on the train trip. Guessing Neil is feeling left out and longing for the opportunity to play a duel drum solo with him.

Like Anumal and Buddy Rich on the Muppet Show?

Back to the original question. Easy for me, Alex is the reason I wanted to pick up a guitar. And as many have already pointed out, he seems so easy going and fun.

Alex inspired me as well to play guitar. Another reason I would want to hang out with him.
  • Like 2

Neil if we could go on a nice, day long motorcycle ride together. I'm as avid a rider as he is. At the end of the day drinks (No McClellan for me, I'm an Irish drinker) and swapping travel on 2 wheel stories (I've traveled a LOT though not as much as he has).
  • Like 1

I would say Alex as well. It would be difficult to choose but I believe a day with Alex would leave me with a warm heart and a sore belly! Could you imagine the laughter!!! :LOL: :joker: :laughing yellow guy: :LMAO:
  • Like 1

I'd love to talk baseball with Geddy. He'd be my first choice, assuming he were able to loosen up.

Alex, I think, would be the most funny, especially if you got him drinking.

Really have zero desire to interact with Neil, which is perfect because I'm sure the feeling would be mutual.

Edited by TexMike
  • Like 1

Geddy, he plays bass (which I once dabbled with) and keyboards. Talk about bass, and keys, and wine, and dogs, and baseball. But I'd also like to throw him a curve - lock him in a room with a B3 and a Leslie and say "here ya go man, let's hear whatcha got."

In a fantasy reality, I'd love to meet Geddy Lee.

However I like to bring up the saying "Don't meet your heroes" here....

What if the guys in Rush aren't your heroes?

• Like 1

In a fantasy reality, I'd love to meet Geddy Lee.

However I like to bring up the saying "Don't meet your heroes" here....

What if the guys in Rush aren't your heroes?

They are. I didn't want to get all personal but meeting them might alter all the happy memories I have of enjoying/discovering their work. I realize other people can have totally valid different feelings about that.

I'd love to talk baseball with Geddy. He'd be my first choice, assuming he were able to loosen up.

Alex, I think, would be the most funny, especially if you got him drinking.

Really have zero desire to interact with Neil, which is perfect because I'm sure the feeling would be mutual.

Dude!

I talked to Geddy about baseball twice when I went on the wine train tour.

I'm an A's fanatic, he's a Jay's fanatic.

We had amazing conversation.

Geddy is so nice and a wonderful guy.

I was able to meet him again in a baseball environment.

That's all I will say.

I will actually keep this private.

GEDDY RULES!!

I'm just a Rushhead on here.

Yet you all don't really know "The Real Me."

I could write a book about my Rush Life.

But no one would read it. LOL

But my life is complete.

I have my awesome parents.

I have my amazing daughters.

I have my amazing friends.

I've met Geddy, Alex and Neil in my life.

I've seen RUSH 60 times since 1984.

That's a good average of seeing RUSH 2 times a year for 30 years.

I was talking to someone on the Rush Train. SRO management. She was so sweet and I will not type her name.

Even she told me that seeing RUSH 60 times in 30 years isn't that crazy.

She's met a lot of obsessive fans who are over the top. In the hundreds.

I am nothing.

You can ridicule me and think I'm insane.

But I must confess......

You can't take my memories from me......

I am so blessed.

Time for some rest......................

I will always be the "Best I Can"

Do you understand??????????

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 3

But my life is complete.

I was talking to someone on the Rush Train. SRO management. She was so sweet and I will not type her name.

I am nothing.

But I must confess......

I am so blessed.

You are very blessed, Earl. Be very grateful for everything.

• Like 1

For some reason I thought this thread was a "What If" thread. I was sure it said what if Eddie Van Halen had joined RUSH instead of Neil Peart? Could Eddie's drum skills be applied to RUSH and can he write lyrics?

Imagine RUSH with Alexandar Zivo, Geddy Lee Wine Ribs and Edward Lodewijk Van Halen?? Eddie could step down from his kit and jam on guitar with Alex for the encore.

But my life is complete.

I am nothing.

But I must confess......

I am so blessed.

I get it. My experiences are what I treasure the most. I have met Alex and Geddy as well. Gave Alex a dragon at the Snakes and Arrows concert because I was blessed with front row tickets. I played the acoustic singalong at Rushcon III, and I have seen the band 14 times. My life is far better because I am a fan of Rush, they turned me into an instant musician at age 14, when I saw them for the first time. Their songs are about idealism and the depth of creativity. They have inspired me greatly.