Just One Rush Member and Why

Lorraine

Along the lines of the other thread about which two musicians you would choose to spend time talking to----------------------------------------------

You can only choose one (1) Rush member to spend a day with.

Who would it be and why and why not the other two?

I would choose Alex because he has consistently (well, except for one interview when he was still a young snot) come off as the most personable of the three.

Neil would drive me batty within five minutes, and Geddy is too guarded. Nice, polite, but very guarded. Alex is just Alex.

The most important thing is that Alex and I would laugh and laugh and laugh.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 6

Along the lines of the other thread about which two musicians you would choose to spend time talking to----------------------------------------------

I would choose Alex because he has consistently (well, except for one interview when he was still a young snot) come off as the most personable of the three.

Neil would drive me batty within five minutes, and Geddy is too guarded. Nice, polite, but very guarded. Alex is just Alex.

I would choose Alex too, I met him once and he made feel like the rock star and Geddy kinda blew me off, this was at a meet and greet on The Vapor Trails tour. Although, he was much more personable on his book signing tour. Neil, I would love to talk too, but only if I met him in the diner and engaged him a topic such as a current event or literature. He gets upset when people recognize him.
  • Like 1

I would choose Alex too, I met him once and he made feel like the rock star and Geddy kinda blew me off, this was at a meet and greet on The Vapor Trails tour. Although, he was much more personable on his book signing tour. Neil, I would love to talk too, but only if I met him in the diner and engaged him a topic such as a current event or literature. He gets upset when people recognize him.

Then he should have stayed in the plumbing business with his Dad. ;) :LOL:

EDIT: That is farm equipment. Neil's daddy was in the farm equipment business. Thanks to JARG for the correction.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

I think I`m probably nearest to Neil. In terms of introspection, interest in literature, philosophy... happy to read, escape from people and busy-ness, and not engage much. I`d be exactly like him, if in a band. Doesn`t mean it`d be any fun to meet up though!
  • Like 2

I don't know if I would want to spend the day with any of them because it would probably feel forced and awkward, but let's just say I met one of them having a drink in a bar and started having a few drinks, then it would definitely be Alex because I think we'd have a lot of laughs together. Edited by snowdogged
  • Like 2

I would want to meet Alex and Ged together. Otherwise, probably just Ged. I respect Neil’s need for privacy so I’ll let him have it.
  • Like 3

It would be Al. I would intentionally call him Randy Bachman and then let the comedy routine ensue.

"hey it's so great to meet you Randy Bachman! I'm a huge fan of your band Bachman, Turner, Overweight!"

• Like 3

I would probably pick Geddy. I have the most respect for him, do not know why. But I think I enjoy the most talking to him. Even tho Alex seems to be a great and funny guy to hang out with, it would be the most interesting to hang out with Geddy, we can talk music and Rush. And he also love dogs as I do.

Neil, I would be to nervous to talk with. he seems to be way to private. So I would be afraid to ask him anything, in case he would just get pissed off.

• Like 2

It would be Al. I would intentionally call him Randy Bachman and then let the comedy routine ensue.

"hey it's so great to meet you Randy Bachman! I'm a huge fan of your band Bachman, Turner, Overweight!"

:LOL: :lol: :LOL:

Interesting Lorraine! I see your points on the boys. Geddy was very open with me on the train and at the winery because of our passion with baseball. So we had an instant connection. He wasn't guarded at all.

Alex is Alex. A wonderful funny dude! I love him too.

However and even though when I met Neil by his bus and it wasn't what I wanted to happen, I know for a fact that if I could spend the day with Neil there would be absolutely nod doubt that he would open up to me!

So no doubt about it! Neil Peart is my choice! I would make sure to get a bottle of wine in him to loosen him up! LOL

• Like 4

Ooh, ooh, are you going to make our wishes come true? It would be Alex for me. I agree with Lorraine that Geddy seems somewhat guarded, but many people have said that Alex loves to meet people. It would be difficult for me to spend a day with Neil. After reading some of his books, he strikes me as being judgmental. I don't think he means to be judging people, but he is, constantly. Alex seems very accepting and lots of fun as well! :ebert:
  • Like 2

Farm equipment.

And Alex, for the same reasons as you.

• Like 2

Farm equipment.

And Alex, for the same reasons as you.

Thanks for the correction! :)

• Like 1

Ooh, ooh, are you going to make our wishes come true? It would be Alex for me. I agree with Lorraine that Geddy seems somewhat guarded, but many people have said that Alex loves to meet people. It would be difficult for me to spend a day with Neil. After reading some of his books, he strikes me as being judgmental. I don't think he means to be judging people, but he is, constantly. Alex seems very accepting and lots of fun as well! :ebert:

Wish I could make all your wishes come true, but I got to thinking which one I would like to spend time with after that other thread in Music of the Spheres, so I decided to find out who other members would say they would like to spend time with and why. :Neil: :geddy: :Alex:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

For me it would be Geddy. I always imagined him as the "face" and "voice" of the band, and I think he had interesting stories to tell without having to be "on" all day, the way Alex might.

I'm sure Neil would be interesting, and I have many questions about the lyrics, but -- thanks to the books -- I feel like there's more to learn from Ged.

• Like 2

I think I`m probably nearest to Neil. In terms of introspection, interest in literature, philosophy... happy to read, escape from people and busy-ness, and not engage much. I`d be exactly like him, if in a band. Doesn`t mean it`d be any fun to meet up though!

Many people in bands are quite shy...on the stage you are a million miles away...so concentrated on your art.

• Like 3

Many people in bands are quite shy...on the stage you are a million miles away...so concentrated on your art.

You're right. That's why Eddie claims he drank so much before he went on stage, and I've read that about other musicians too. Freddie Mercury was another one who claimed to be a very shy man in private life yet on stage he took on another persona.

• Like 4

Alex by far. I know he's an avid golfer as am I and would love to play a round of golf with him. I guarantee it would be a blast. I rarely drink anymore but would make an exception for him and have a couple 19th hole pops and just talk and joke.

Geddy seems cool but a bit to serious for me.

If you asked me this years ago I probably would have said Neil but I'll pass at this point. Talk about watching paint dry...

• Like 2

Probably Geddy.

Fellow bass player, kinda understated when talking... I get it. I bet he has a wicked sense of humor, especially after a couple of drinks.

• Like 1

I would like to watch a baseball game with Geddy Lee.

Yeah, context would matter.

Baseball or wine-tasting with Geddy. Golf with Alex qould be a riot. Exploring some exotic place like Angkor Wat or the Amazon with Neil would be fun.

• Like 1