Jump to content


2019-20 College Football Thread


  • Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 68497 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 08 September 2019 - 02:13 PM

View PostPrincipled Man, on 07 September 2019 - 08:30 PM, said:

Wisconsin 110
Opponents 0 (2 games)


By golly, the Badgers just may have a quarterback!  Jack Coan is looking really good, although the competition has not been all that impressive.  

Posted Image
Too many cupcakes can give you a tummy ache

Sponsored Post

#42 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 79765 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:holidaying in Cambodia
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 21 September 2019 - 12:48 PM

View Postgoose, on 08 September 2019 - 02:13 PM, said:

View PostPrincipled Man, on 07 September 2019 - 08:30 PM, said:

Wisconsin 110
Opponents 0 (2 games)


By golly, the Badgers just may have a quarterback!  Jack Coan is looking really good, although the competition has not been all that impressive.  

Posted Image
Too many cupcakes can give you a tummy ache
Yep, three in a row seems a bit much.  On the other hand, the third is a conference game, so you can't be too harsh...

#43 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 12421 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    Packers, Brewers & Badgers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, Bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    The Universe!!

Posted 21 September 2019 - 03:20 PM

Wisconsin 35
Michigan 14


What a dominant first half!  The Badgers looked invincible against the stunned Wolverines.  The Michigan defense couldn't stop....well, anyone.  Not Jonathan Taylor, not QB Jack Coan, no one!  The Wolverine offensive line couldn't stop a ferocious rush by the Badgers' front seven.

Posted Image


Unfortunately, a great win was tarnished by a vicious cheap shot by Badger safety Reggie Pearson on QB McCaffrey.  He was rightfully ejected.  :boo hiss: :boo hiss:

Edited by Principled Man, 21 September 2019 - 03:27 PM.


#44 Nova Carmina

Nova Carmina

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 637 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Missouri USA
  • Interests:Rush, hiking, reading, golf, soccer

Posted 21 September 2019 - 03:36 PM

I tuned in and the Badgers were up 35-0 -- I thought "How weird, they're not updating Michigan's scoring," but there wasn't any! I then tuned out again. That's big win for your lot, and another stumble for Harbaugh.

#45 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

    The Sphere

  • Members *
  • 7720 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 September 2019 - 03:56 PM

View PostNova Carmina, on 21 September 2019 - 03:36 PM, said:

I tuned in and the Badgers were up 35-0 -- I thought "How weird, they're not updating Michigan's scoring," but there wasn't any! I then tuned out again. That's big win for your lot, and another stumble for Harbaugh.

I think, even if he manages a miracle and beats the Suckeyes, he's done at Michigan after this season.

#46 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 79765 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:holidaying in Cambodia
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 21 September 2019 - 04:14 PM

View PostFordgalaxy, on 21 September 2019 - 03:56 PM, said:

View PostNova Carmina, on 21 September 2019 - 03:36 PM, said:

I tuned in and the Badgers were up 35-0 -- I thought "How weird, they're not updating Michigan's scoring," but there wasn't any! I then tuned out again. That's big win for your lot, and another stumble for Harbaugh.

I think, even if he manages a miracle and beats the Suckeyes, he's done at Michigan after this season.
If he beats a certain Columbus based university, he's safe for one more year.

#47 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 12421 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    Packers, Brewers & Badgers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, Bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    The Universe!!

Posted 21 September 2019 - 06:23 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 21 September 2019 - 04:14 PM, said:

View PostFordgalaxy, on 21 September 2019 - 03:56 PM, said:

View PostNova Carmina, on 21 September 2019 - 03:36 PM, said:

I tuned in and the Badgers were up 35-0 -- I thought "How weird, they're not updating Michigan's scoring," but there wasn't any! I then tuned out again. That's big win for your lot, and another stumble for Harbaugh.

I think, even if he manages a miracle and beats the Suckeyes, he's done at Michigan after this season.
If he beats a certain Columbus based university, he's safe for one more year.

Badger fans cannot wait for the game against OSU.  This is gonna be the year!!

#48 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 12421 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    Packers, Brewers & Badgers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, Bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    The Universe!!

Posted 21 September 2019 - 06:28 PM

View PostNova Carmina, on 21 September 2019 - 03:36 PM, said:

I tuned in and the Badgers were up 35-0 -- I thought "How weird, they're not updating Michigan's scoring," but there wasn't any! I then tuned out again. That's big win for your lot, and another stumble for Harbaugh.

A third straight shutout looked pretty certain, but two targeting penalties gave Michigan 30 yards and set up their first score.  The first penalty was bogus, the second was spot on.

#49 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 68497 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 21 September 2019 - 11:01 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 21 September 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 08 September 2019 - 02:13 PM, said:

View PostPrincipled Man, on 07 September 2019 - 08:30 PM, said:

Wisconsin 110
Opponents 0 (2 games)


By golly, the Badgers just may have a quarterback!  Jack Coan is looking really good, although the competition has not been all that impressive.  

Posted Image
Too many cupcakes can give you a tummy ache
Yep, three in a row seems a bit much.  On the other hand, the third is a conference game, so you can't be too harsh...
Good win for Wisconsin...against a team that's showing how over-rated they actually are.

#50 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

    Loves that dirty water

  • Members *
  • 28251 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New England

Posted 22 September 2019 - 07:49 AM

I was arguing with a buddy about the best conference, so I’m trying to keep track of teams’ performances against other conferences.  He says it’s the SEC.  I think it’s the PAC-10.

Did the Miami Dolphins play anyone outside the SEC yesterday, and if so, how did they do?

#51 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 68497 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 22 September 2019 - 08:37 AM

View PostRick N. Backer, on 22 September 2019 - 07:49 AM, said:

I was arguing with a buddy about the best conference, so I’m trying to keep track of teams’ performances against other conferences.  He says it’s the SEC.  I think it’s the PAC-10.

Did the Miami Dolphins play anyone outside the SEC yesterday, and if so, how did they do?
The PAC-12 may not be the best, but the may be the most entertaining.  In a game that none saw, UCLA came back late last night from 32 points down against Washington State, pulling off a 67-63 win by scoring 50 points in the final 19 minutes.  A combined 1,077 yds passing in the game between the teams, plus a 100-yd kick return.

Of course, WSU coach Leach was not happy.   “We collapsed in every phase of the game: offense, defense and special teams,” Leach said. “Every phase.” His defensive players, he said, “don’t tackle.” His ball carriers, he said, have “horrible ball security.” WSU had six turnovers, including two costly fumbles down the stretch and a combined 29 points given off turnovers.

Edited by goose, 22 September 2019 - 08:45 AM.


#52 Nova Carmina

Nova Carmina

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 637 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Missouri USA
  • Interests:Rush, hiking, reading, golf, soccer

Posted 22 September 2019 - 09:10 AM

Oh, huh, I thought that was an exhibition-season basketball score! Football, you say? :laughing guy:

#53 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 12421 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    Packers, Brewers & Badgers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, Bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    The Universe!!

Posted 22 September 2019 - 09:38 AM

View PostNova Carmina, on 22 September 2019 - 09:10 AM, said:

Oh, huh, I thought that was an exhibition-season basketball score! Football, you say? :laughing guy:

What game was that?

#54 Nova Carmina

Nova Carmina

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 637 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Missouri USA
  • Interests:Rush, hiking, reading, golf, soccer

Posted 22 September 2019 - 10:29 AM

The 67-63 UCLA-WSU game -- I was just commenting on the lack of defense; I might expect this outcome from the Big 12, though . . .

#55 pjbear05

pjbear05

    Solar Federalist

  • Members *
  • 2824 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pembroke Pines, FL
  • Interests:Beer and music.

Posted 22 September 2019 - 10:41 AM

View PostRick N. Backer, on 22 September 2019 - 07:49 AM, said:

I was arguing with a buddy about the best conference, so I’m trying to keep track of teams’ performances against other conferences.  He says it’s the SEC.  I think it’s the PAC-10.

Did the Miami Dolphins play anyone outside the SEC yesterday, and if so, how did they do?
playing some group of miscreants known as the Dallas Cowboys.  I'll be watching a DVD of Rocketman instead, and might catch  the 4th quarter.  Cheers!

#56 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 12421 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    Packers, Brewers & Badgers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, Bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    The Universe!!

Posted 05 October 2019 - 02:15 PM

Wisconsin 217 (5-0)
Opponents 29  

TV broadcaster Ryan Leaf:  The Badgers can't play Michigan every week .... :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

Posted Image

Edited by Principled Man, 05 October 2019 - 02:20 PM.


#57 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

    The Sphere

  • Members *
  • 7720 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 05 October 2019 - 02:23 PM

Oklahoma Sooners playing Kansas and winning pretty easily, but at 1 point, OU had a 1st and goal and ended up punting. I'm not sure I've ever seen that before.

#58 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 12421 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    Packers, Brewers & Badgers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, Bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    The Universe!!

Posted 05 October 2019 - 06:18 PM

View PostFordgalaxy, on 05 October 2019 - 02:23 PM, said:

Oklahoma Sooners playing Kansas and winning pretty easily, but at 1 point, OU had a 1st and goal and ended up punting. I'm not sure I've ever seen that before.

1st down:  Offensive holding. -10 yards
1st down:  Sack. -8 yards
2nd down:  Botched reverse.  -23 yards
3rd down:  Completed pass.  +19 yards
4th down:  Unsportsmanlike conduct.  -15 yards

4th & Goal from the Kansas 44.  PUNT!  :laughing guy:





2017:  Louisiana Tech had a fun time playing Mississippi State

1st & Goal at MisSt 6
Boston Scott run for no gain to the MisSt 6

2nd & Goal at MisSt 6
Team fumble - loss of 87 yards to the LaTech 7  (Snap flew over the QB's head)

3rd & Goal at LaTech 7
Boston Scott run for 21 yds to the LaTech 28

4th & Goal at LaTech 28
Brady Farlow punt for 37 yds, downed at the MisSt 35


:laughing guy: :laughing guy:

Edited by Principled Man, 05 October 2019 - 08:06 PM.


#59 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 79765 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:holidaying in Cambodia
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 12 October 2019 - 02:37 PM

UGa goes down to the Gamecocks on a missed FG in 2nd OT

#60 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 12421 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    Packers, Brewers & Badgers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, Bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    The Universe!!

Posted 12 October 2019 - 06:02 PM

Wisconsin 255
6 Opponents 29

Four shutouts in six games
Defense has scored 4 touchdowns and has allowed a total of 4 touchdowns this season

On the road to Illinois, and then to the House of the Arch-Enemy Buckeyes.    

Posted Image


Posted Image




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users