2019-20 College Football Thread

pjbear05

At the half, Western Kentucky 35, Arkansas 7

S-E-C! S -E-C!

Arkansas is currently serving a useful role in the SEC -- that of making Vanderbilt fans happy that they are not the worst football program in the SEC. I am glad for Vandy :)

Tua injured, and sent back to Tuscaloosa with a hip injury. Looks like he'll be out for the year, if not longer.

Sucks for him and the team, but great for the rest of us (Alabama fans excluded).

Unless a lot of other teams choke big time in the few remaining games, Bama is not going to make the playoff this year. Yay for that much. Of course, it is entirely possible that a lot of those teams will indeed choke big time.

• Like 2

Tua injured, and sent back to Tuscaloosa with a hip injury. Looks like he'll be out for the year, if not longer.

Sucks for him and the team, but great for the rest of us (Alabama fans excluded).

Unless a lot of other teams choke big time in the few remaining games, Bama is not going to make the playoff this year. Yay for that much. Of course, it is entirely possible that a lot of those teams will indeed choke big time.

The choking has begun. Oregon flames out against Arizona State.

• Like 2

I watched the last ten minutes of the Oregon-ASU game, and I'm not sure how it was low-scoring up to that point* because the defenses could not stop anybody. Both teams just ate up the yardage -- or in ASU's case, swallowed about 67 yards whole -- and it was quite a shootout there at the end.

(*Okay, it was probably some combination of exhaustion and "prevent defense," but you get it.)

• Like 1

I am torn about the SEC championship. I want Georgia to win for the honor of the SEC East.

On the other hand, I like LSU as far as going all the way to win the National Championship. I don't see Georgia doing that.

Hmmm. Bah. I will pull for Georgia in the SEC Championship Game. Let the rest fall where it may.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

I watched the last ten minutes of the Oregon-ASU game, and I'm not sure how it was low-scoring up to that point* because the defenses could not stop anybody. Both teams just ate up the yardage -- or in ASU's case, swallowed about 67 yards whole -- and it was quite a shootout there at the end.

(*Okay, it was probably some combination of exhaustion and "prevent defense," but you get it.)

PAC-12 football might not be the highest calibre football, but it's in the running for the most fun.
  • Like 2

PAC-12 football might not be the highest calibre football, but it's in the running for the most fun.

"might" not be? come on. PAC 12 kind of sucks.

Chances are the Pac 12 will not have a team in the playoff yet again, for good reason.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

Chances are the Pac 12 will not have a team in the playoff yet again, for good reason.

I say let's just make the SEC championship the national title game and get back to a bowl season worth watching.

I say let's just make the SEC championship the national title game and get back to a bowl season worth watching.

But... But... What will become of the Tidy Bowl game? Only way a bowl season will be worth watching is a proper tournament. But too many moneyed interests gumming up the works for that. Cue up Anthony Jackson's bass line and The O Jay's. Edited by pjbear05

But... But... What will become of the Tidy Bowl game? Only way a bowl season will be worth watching is a proper tournament.

I disagree. A return to classic rivalries and multiple games over less time would make bowl season fun again.
  • Like 2

Watching the highlights from WSU-OregonSt. Another wild PAC12 game.

lol wsu having five turnovers, plus going from up 10 to down 11 in the 4th qtr...and still getting the win.

Ole Miss @ Mississippi State

Down 21-14, and with 4 seconds remaining in the game, Ole Miss wide receiver Elijah Moore scored a TD against arch-rival Mississippi State. Right after scoring, Moore crawled around in the end zone and raised a leg.

His "dog pissing" display cost his team 15 yards on the extra point, which the kicker missed.

Moore sure did honor himself and his team. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

Down 21-14, and with 4 seconds remaining in the game, Ole Miss wide receiver Elijah Moore scored a TD against arch-rival Mississippi State. Right after scoring, Moore crawled around in the end zone and raised a leg.

His "dog pissing" display cost his team 15 yards on the extra point, which the kicker missed.

He should have to walk back to campus and empty out his room and get a one way ticket home. The most selfish act I can remember on a football field.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 2

He should have to walk back to campus and empty out his room and get a one way ticket home. The most selfish act I can Rene on a football field.

I would kick him off the team without hesitation. What a punk.

• Like 1

Virginia-Virginia Tech putting out an exciting game, tied at 40-40 with 6min to go. Meanwhile, Texas-Texas Tech putting up the palindrome so far at 42-24.

I believe UVa-VT is 30-30.

40-40 is probably going to be Clemson's score by half in the ACC Championship Game.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

Virginia-Virginia Tech putting out an exciting game, tied at 40-40 with 6min to go. Meanwhile, Texas-Texas Tech putting up the palindrome so far at 42-24.

I believe UVa-VT is 30-30.

40-40 is probably going to be Clemson's score by half in the ARC Championship Game.

Yeah, 30-30. 33-30 now. Coming down to the wire.

I have an invite to go see Nevada-UNLV tomorrow battling for the cannon. Forecast calls for 34 degrees and cloudy, but a break in the snow...

And a sack fumbled into the endzone puts the nail in the coffin. 39-30 Virginia.

:dweez:

(Did taking a knee on the PAT affect the spread? Nope...VT was -2...unless they score a last second TD)

Edited by goose

Meanwhile, Texas-Texas Tech putting up the palindrome so far at 42-24.

There is only one numerical palindrome allowed on this forum.

There can be only ONE!! ;)

http://greenandblackmusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/rush-starman-logo.jpeg

Edited by Principled Man

Meanwhile, Texas-Texas Tech putting up the palindrome so far at 42-24.

There is only one numerical palindrome allowed on this forum.

There can be only ONE!! ;)

http://greenandblackmusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/rush-starman-logo.jpeg

1-0-0-1-0-0-1? ;)