2019-20 College Football Thread

pjbear05

I was arguing with a buddy about the best conference, so I’m trying to keep track of teams’ performances against other conferences. He says it’s the SEC. I think it’s the PAC-10.

Did the Miami Dolphins play anyone outside the SEC yesterday, and if so, how did they do?

The PAC-12 may not be the best, but the may be the most entertaining. In a game that none saw, UCLA came back late last night from 32 points down against Washington State, pulling off a 67-63 win by scoring 50 points in the final 19 minutes. A combined 1,077 yds passing in the game between the teams, plus a 100-yd kick return.

Of course, WSU coach Leach was not happy. “We collapsed in every phase of the game: offense, defense and special teams,” Leach said. “Every phase.” His defensive players, he said, “don’t tackle.” His ball carriers, he said, have “horrible ball security.” WSU had six turnovers, including two costly fumbles down the stretch and a combined 29 points given off turnovers.

Edited by goose

Oh, huh, I thought that was an exhibition-season basketball score! Football, you say? :laughing guy:

What game was that?

I was arguing with a buddy about the best conference, so I’m trying to keep track of teams’ performances against other conferences. He says it’s the SEC. I think it’s the PAC-10.

Did the Miami Dolphins play anyone outside the SEC yesterday, and if so, how did they do?

playing some group of miscreants known as the Dallas Cowboys. I'll be watching a DVD of Rocketman instead, and might catch the 4th quarter. Cheers!

Wisconsin 217 (5-0)

Opponents 29

TV broadcaster Ryan Leaf: The Badgers can't play Michigan every week .... :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

8ed874cf-7fd1-4526-b7b0-8338528821fd-MJS_uwgrid06_02_wood_uwgrid06.JPG?width=540&height=&fit=bounds&auto=webp

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

Oklahoma Sooners playing Kansas and winning pretty easily, but at 1 point, OU had a 1st and goal and ended up punting. I'm not sure I've ever seen that before.

1st down: Offensive holding. -10 yards

1st down: Sack. -8 yards

2nd down: Botched reverse. -23 yards

3rd down: Completed pass. +19 yards

4th down: Unsportsmanlike conduct. -15 yards

4th & Goal from the Kansas 44. PUNT! :laughing guy:

2017: Louisiana Tech had a fun time playing Mississippi State

1st & Goal at MisSt 6

Boston Scott run for no gain to the MisSt 6

2nd & Goal at MisSt 6

Team fumble - loss of 87 yards to the LaTech 7 (Snap flew over the QB's head)

3rd & Goal at LaTech 7

Boston Scott run for 21 yds to the LaTech 28

4th & Goal at LaTech 28

Brady Farlow punt for 37 yds, downed at the MisSt 35

:laughing guy: :laughing guy:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

Wisconsin 255

6 Opponents 29

Four shutouts in six games

Defense has scored 4 touchdowns and has allowed a total of 4 touchdowns this season

On the road to Illinois, and then to the House of the Arch-Enemy Buckeyes.

34671b07-5c47-4d3a-8f78-d5bbd77a301c-MJS_UWgrid13_UWgrid_000824_84949723.jpg?crop=3900,3251,x0,y0&width=540&height=&fit=bounds&auto=webp

http://i.imgur.com/46GekPS.jpg

• Like 1

IIYUs2sm.png

Shirt seen during warmups for game against Iowa. It is in response to an alum's letter earlier this week that Penn State's players' "chains, tattoos, and dreadlocks" were "disgusting". Most people here love their Nitanny Lions so the letter went over like a lead balloon. . .

• Like 1

IIYUs2sm.png

Shirt seen during warmups for game against Iowa. It is in response to an alum's letter earlier this week that Penn State's players' "chains, tattoos, and dreadlocks" were "disgusting". Most people here love their Nitanny Lions so the letter went over like a lead balloon. . .

Wonder if those alums were supporters of old JoePa?

OTOH, how thin skinned do you have to be to need the community to rally around you because one person complained about what you wore? Bunch of snowflakes. No one comes out looking too good here.

Gamecocks take down #3 Georgia in OT!

Louisville 62 - Wake Forest 59!

Notre Dame slips by USC

And, after fumbling on the goal line turning a touchdown into a touchback, Nevada bounces back to get by San Jose St.

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

IIYUs2sm.png

Shirt seen during warmups for game against Iowa. It is in response to an alum's letter earlier this week that Penn State's players' "chains, tattoos, and dreadlocks" were "disgusting". Most people here love their Nittany Lions so the letter went over like a lead balloon. . .

Wonder if those alums were supporters of old JoePa?

OTOH, how thin skinned do you have to be to need the community to rally around you because one person complained about what you wore? Bunch of snowflakes. No one comes out looking too good here.

The players are looking real good in the eyes of their peers.

It's Standard Operating Procedure these days. Everything's gotta be put on the Internet for all to see, especially if it's about bullies or racists. Exposing victimization is Job #1 for today's generation. It's not going to stop any time soon.....

• Like 2

Illinois 24, 30.5 pt favorite Wisconsin 23...

Still can't believe it...

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

Illinois 24, 30.5 pt favorite Wisconsin 23...

Still can't believe it...

Truly a "We're looking forward to Ohio State" game. I only saw the 4th quarter, but the lack of effort and execution was nauseatingly blatant.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

• Like 1

When Penn State has a night home game, shouldn't they be honoring their former coach and program history by referring to it not as a whiteout, but a whitewash? Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 2

When Penn State has a night home game, shouldn't they be honoring their former coach and program history by referring to it not as a whiteout, but a whitewash?

Funny (not funny) how that has passed out of consciousness.

f**k Joe Paterno.

• Like 2

When Penn State has a night home game, shouldn't they be honoring their former coach and program history by referring to it not as a whiteout, but a whitewash?

Funny (not funny) how that has passed out of consciousness.

f**k Joe Paterno.

Sickening.

Just an itch, but I'm gonna call it. Jim Harbaugh is toast. Michigan loses to Notre Dame and gets by Maryland. Michigan State goes either way, a non issue. They tune up against Indiana before getting a serious case of the Buckeye Butthurt in The Big House.

I SO want to be dead wrong on this, but I don't see a more positive scenario. :facepalm:

Just an itch, but I'm gonna call it. Jim Harbaugh is toast. Michigan loses to Notre Dame and gets by Maryland. Michigan State goes either way, a non issue. They tune up against Indiana before getting a serious case of the Buckeye Butthurt in The Big House.

I SO want to be dead wrong on this, but I don't see a more positive scenario. :facepalm:

Heres a more positive scenario, Indiana could dominate them.

• Like 1