Greatest Hits albums and Best of albums that almost qualify as bone fide studio albums

treeduck

Totally agree with JP's Metal Works. I think Sly and the Family Stone had a better compilation with a 2-disc set called the Essential Sly and the Family Stone. Check it out. I'm going to chip in with War Platinum Jazz
  • Like 2

The Cure’s Standing on a Beach and R.E.M.’s Eponymous.

I remember that old ‘soccer mom’ comment and it can kiss Robert Smith’s, Michael Stipe’s, and my ass all in a row!

It was in his sig, as I recall, along with this gem:

Fall Out Boy=A parking lot full of whale shit.

Want to hear a true horror story? I ordered Fly By Night on LP...Amazon sent me Fall-Out Boy's Greatest Shit. :o

:hug2: :hug2:

I remember that old ‘soccer mom’ comment and it can kiss Robert Smith’s, Michael Stipe’s, and my ass all in a row!

Want to hear a true horror story? I ordered Fly By Night on LP...Amazon sent me Fall-Out Boy's Greatest Shit. :o

Fall-Out Boy should do us all a favour and Fall-Out of an aircraft at 50,000 feet without a parachute, and make sure he packs every copy of his albums and the master tapes.

Fall-Out Boy should do us all a favour and Fall-Out of an aircraft at 50,000 feet without a parachute, and make sure he packs every copy of his albums and the master tapes.

I'd prefer if they just made a good album pretty soon so I can forget about that garbage I listened to back in January.

Although each one of The Beatles studio albums are iconic, each in their own way, the two compilation albums ("1962-1966" & "1967-1970") were so important growing up in the 1970s. ReRushed put it best when he said, "they are part of my musical DNA"...how true is that? They have to be included on this list.
  • Like 4

Although each one of The Beatles studio albums are iconic, each in their own way, the two compilation albums ("1962-1966" & "1967-1970") were so important growing up in the 1970s. ReRushed put it best when he said, "they are part of my musical DNA"...how true is that? They have to be included on this list.

The red album was among the first four or so albums I actively listened all the way through, along with the stones Hot Rocks, Queen's greatest hits, and oddly Daft Punk's Iron: Legacy soundtrack and its remix album. Most all of my music taste can be traced back to one of those.

• Like 1

Beatles19621966.jpg Beatles19671970.jpg

I spent hours listening to these albums, especially 1967-1970. I love them beyond belief.

Blue was my most-played album for a long time. Just an incredible collection of songs.
  • Like 1

Beatles19621966.jpg Beatles19671970.jpg

I spent hours listening to these albums, especially 1967-1970. I love them beyond belief.

Blue was my most-played album for a long time. Just an incredible collection of songs.

The "red album" was the first one I got. I never bought the "blue album" because I love the albums from which its songs are culled too much.

• Like 1

The red album was among the first four or so albums I actively listened all the way through, along with the stones Hot Rocks, Queen's greatest hits, and oddly Daft Punk's Iron: Legacy soundtrack and its remix album. Most all of my music taste can be traced back to one of those.

Hot Rocks is another one.

• Like 1