2017-2018 College Football Thread

blueschica

Aarrgh, tough to see Penn State go down to THE Ohio State University by one point! Good game though! Hopefully the Lions can regroup and bring it for Michigan State next week.

GrlRak1m.png.

I thought of you when Ohio State went up. What a drag...
  • Like 1

Aarrgh, tough to see Penn State go down to THE Ohio State University by one point! Good game though! Hopefully the Lions can regroup and bring it for Michigan State next week.

GrlRak1m.png.

Did you watch it?

Good game.

Penn State had the game under control for the first 3 quarters, but then Ohio State made a furious comeback in the 4th quarter, and by the end of the game was absolutely dominating Penn State on both sides of the ball.

• Like 1

#2 Clemson goes down to Syracuse, 24-27.

That, combined with the Gamecocks beating Tennessee today, makes this weekend the best so far this year :)

Coach Muschamp and the assistants doing a great job of coaching the kids to victory, despite 2 injured starting offensive lineman, injured starting RB, and the best player on offense and the best player on defense out with broken legs. It's been very inspiring for me to see the kids constantly battling and not giving up despite the other team often having the ball last with a chance to win.

Hopefully, we can beat Vandy, this week, and give Georgia a good game, although defeating them seems improbable this year. Anything can happen.

Winning 8 or 9 and going to a bowl would be great.

Good to see you, AR! :hi: Go Gamecocks!

They managed to beat Vanderbilt, which is not saying much.

Could be really ugly for the Gamecocks next weekend against Georgia, but I'm hoping for a miracle upset.

GrlRak1m.png.

Did you watch it?

Good game.

Penn State had the game under control for the first 3 quarters, but then Ohio State made a furious comeback in the 4th quarter, and by the end of the game was absolutely dominating Penn State on both sides of the ball.

They were impressive, imposing their will to win, it seemed.

Maybe the one team that can beat Bama?

Edited by goose

The race for the title sure is a mess right now. Talking with a buddy last night we discussed whether this is a nightmare scenario in that two SEC teams plus Notre Dame could merit the top three spots in the end, or a dream scenario in that it may force a move to an eight-team system.
  • Like 1

GrlRak1m.png.

Did you watch it?

Good game.

Well, anyone can have a bad day. But anOSU lost to Oklahoma at home by 2 TDs. Bama would be a 10 pt favorite in the game, at least. I wouldn't put too much money on them.

It almost seems like the second best team in the country is Georgia.

Although the rest of the SEC is incredibly weak.

GrlRak1m.png.

Did you watch it?

Good game.

I was at this game, with my son- absolutely incredible!

I thought the officiating was among the worst I’ve ever seen, in a ‘big’ game.

When the Buckeyes were down 21-3 in the first half, I said to my son that as long as we could go into halftime down by two scores, rather than three, we still had a chance. Being down by fifteen going into the fourth quarter was a big worry...I remember thinking that I didn’t want us down by fifteen points, half way (or more) through the third quarter, but that’s exactly what happened. And at one point it looked like it might be going to 42-20. The blocked punt is what turned everything around...Barrett threw a TD pass, about a 40-yard catch and run, on a crossing route, to make it 35-27.

Couldn’t believe we took the lead for the first time in the game with 1:48 left in the fourth quarter. And then came up huge on special teams and defense, especially, pinning Penn State back deep and Sam Hubbard totally stuffing Saquon Barkley back toward the goal line. PSU failed to convert on 4th and 15, and the game was ours!!

As worrying as it was through three quarters, JT Barrett was 33 of 39, for 327 yards and 4 TD’s.

After the opening kickoff for a TD, Saquon Barkley was held to 44 yards in the whole game, on 21 carries.

Bring on the CFP!

• Like 2

The race for the title sure is a mess right now. Talking with a buddy last night we discussed whether this is a nightmare scenario in that two SEC teams plus Notre Dame could merit the top three spots in the end, or a dream scenario in that it may force a move to an eight-team system.

But what about the student athlete? All of those extra games? Sure, it's while the rest of the students are on break or some bogus winter term like hiatus, and sure the D-II and D-III teams play in 16 or more team playoffs, but don't you care about academics?

Whenever I get fed up with the NFL officials, I watch college football officials in action, and then I don't feel so bad.

• Like 2

Whenever I get fed up with the NFL officials, I watch college football officials in action, and then I don't feel so bad.

GrlRak1m.png.

Did you watch it?

Good game.

Well, anyone can have a bad day. But anOSU lost to Oklahoma at home by 2 TDs. Bama would be a 10 pt favorite in the game, at least. I wouldn't put too much money on them.

It almost seems like the second best team in the country is Georgia.

Although the rest of the SEC is incredibly weak.

My buddy and I figured Bama and Georgia at 1 & 2, with ND at 3 if they win out.

But what about the student athlete? All of those extra games? Sure, it's while the rest of the students are on break or some bogus winter term like hiatus, and sure the D-II and D-III teams play in 16 or more team playoffs, but don't you care about academics?

No.

How's that for refreshing honesty?

• Like 2

WSU-Ariz result turns around 83 points from one year to another.

Of course Rutgers-Michigan turned around 57 and Rutgers still lost by 3 TDs.

• Like 1

No.

How's that for refreshing honesty?

I will care only after all the athletes and their universities start caring. Not before.

• Like 2

I haven’t seen a single down that Georgia has played this year. They’re #2 now...and I can’t even name anyone on that team. Who are the standout players?

I haven’t seen a single down that Georgia has played this year. They’re #2 now...and I can’t even name anyone on that team. Who are the standout players?

I can't either. My college football watching is mostly Big Ten with a few of the national games. Haven't seen them play but their record has been very impressive.

Notre Dame needs to get past Miami and what is going to be and insane crowd at Hard Rock in two weeks. Hold off on the nightmare for now. Edited by pjbear05

Notre Dame needs to get past Miami and what is going to be and insane crowd at Hard Rock in two weeks. Hold off on the nightmare for now.

Miami will be a challenge.

Penn State vs. Michigan State !

What is this trickery Sparty has arranged ??!! Game in East Lansing suspended due to lightning. Penn State having to cool off and wait it out in what Fox is reporting to be a really lousy visitors locker room !! Go Lions!!

Penn State vs. Michigan State !

What is this trickery Sparty has arranged ??!! Game in East Lansing suspended due to lightning. Penn State having to cool off and wait it out in what Fox is reporting to be a really lousy visitors locker room !! Go Lions!!

So many jokes here, none of them appropriate... :outtahere:

• Like 1