2017-2018 College Football Thread

blueschica

Georgia opening drive of 2nd half advances to midfield, falls a foot short of 1st down, punts into endzone. Auburn advances deep into Georgia territory, tries for field goal to tie game. Field goal blocked. Georgia ball
  • Like 1

Georgia opening drive of 2nd half advances to midfield, falls a foot short of 1st down, punts into endzone. Auburn advances deep into Georgia territory, tries for field goal to tie game. Field goal blocked. Georgia ball

There's no chance that if UGa wins they'd take Bama for the playoff instead, right? They really couldn't, even though UA is 5 and UGa is 6...

Well, looks like Oklahoma will be in the playoff. First slot filled.

I didn't care much about that game, I do care about the one that is about to start.

Come on Dawgs, beat Auburn! For the honor of the SEC East! The West has won the SEC Championship Game 8 years in a row. This must stop!

Historical stat: prior to the current 8 year run by the West, the East had the edge 11-6. It is now 14-11 in favor of the West.

And Oklahoma is a flawed team because of their defense. Baker Mayfield is a stud college QB but I don't think he can carry a team against the likes of Clemson or Bama.
  • Like 1

There's no chance that if UGa wins they'd take Bama for the playoff instead, right? They really couldn't, even though UA is 5 and UGa is 6...

Nah. If Georgia wins, taking Bama over Georgia would be a complete unjustified travesty.

In the meantime, Georgia goes 3 and out, thanks in part to a holding penalty. Georgia punts, giving Auburn a free 15 yards on the 2nd georgia facemask penalty of the game. Georgia committing way too many penalities.

• Like 1

Georgia 64 yard TD run. Score now 28-7.

Suddenly this game has gone from a close contest to being blown wide open.

I was rooting for the Dawgs but the spectre of Saban (which has to be gone with such a convincing win) was hanging over the proceedings...now there's no way they can take Bama over UGa.

One of the announcers in this game is already plugging for Bama to be in the playoff.

Who is that?

I don't know his name.

But I don't think he was saying Bama should be in the playoff instead of Georgia, but in addition to Georgia, as a 2nd team from the SEC.

That could conceivably happen, depending on what happens in the games later tonight.